11th June 2015, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join Indian Navy after completing 10th being a female candidate?

Sir,
My name is Priyanka and now I am studying in the 10th class. After my 10th I want to join in the Indian Navy & my question is, is it possible to join in the Indian Navy after the 10th? Kindly help me to find out.

18th June 2015, 01:04 AM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Navy after completing 10th being a female candidate?

Yes women's are selected in Indian Navy but in some selected branch of Navy. The commission given to them are Short Service Commission. List of branch in which women's are selected are given below:-

Logistics
Education
Naval Architecture
ATC
Observer
Law

The entries to which female candidates will go in Indian navy are:-

SSC Logistics
SSC Education
SSC(Naval Architecture)
University Entry Scheme (SSC)
(Naval Architecture)
SSC -ATC
SSC- Observer
SSC Law

For more details about these entry schemes like age limit, minimum qualifications etc. do visit to link given below:-
http://nausena-bharti.nic.in/women_entry.php
18th June 2015, 07:53 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Navy after completing 10th being a female candidate?

No, it is not possible to join Indian Navy after completion of your 10th standard being a female candidate. Only unmarried Male candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognised board are eligible to join Indian Navy by appearing in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Eligibility criteria required to appear in NDA examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have attained the minimum age of 16 1/2 years and must not have crossed the maximum age of 19 years.

3. You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics subjects from a recognised board.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate

5. You must be Physically fit as per Physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.

Since, you have not completed your 12th standard and being a female candidate, you are not eligible to join Indian Navy.
18th June 2015, 08:46 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Navy after completing 10th being a female candidate.

Female candidate can't join Indian Navy before graduation. You can only apply after your graduation. After graduation you can apply for CDS exams to join Indian Navy.
18th June 2015, 02:22 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, female candidates are also eligible to join in Indian Navy, but the minimum qualification is 12th standard to apply for any post in Indian Navy and the education qualification may vary from one post to another post. Following are some of the Indian Navy entrance exams, to which the female candidates can apply.

Indian Navy entrance exams for Graduates:-
->Short Service Commission ATC-(SSC -ATC)
->SSC Law Cadre
->Short Service Commission Entry
->University Entry Scheme (SSC)
->Special Naval Architect Entry Scheme (SNAES)
->Short Service Commission Education - (SSC Edu)

Indian Navy entrance exams for 12th passes candidates:-
->SSC Logistics Cadre
->SSC Observer
18th June 2015, 05:25 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to join Indian navy after 10th standard. Male as well as Female can not join defense service after 10th standard.

Only male can join defense service through NDA exam after 12th standard.

To join Navy, you have to complete graduation to apply CDS exam.

NDA and CDS exam is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

Your age should be between 19-23 years during registration of CDS exam.

You must be physically as well as mentally fit.

Selection Process:

Written exam

SSB Interview

Physical and medical test
22nd July 2017, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

Sir, My name is varnika and now I want to join in the Indian Navy & my question is, is it possible to join in the Indian Navy after the 10th? please Kindly help me to find out.
23rd July 2017, 09:13 AM
Subramani NK

No,you are not eligible to join for the navy
Because if you want to join navy you should have passed 12th or 2nd PUC with at least 50%in PCM subjects.
I think for female candidates they should be having a degree.
But PCM wih 50% in 12th is needed.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?