3rd December 2012, 10:32 PM
saurabh1250

How to do MCA after passing 12th? I am a student of BCA 5th semester

i am a student of BCA 5th sem and i want to do MCA but in 12th my subject is not math then can i do MCA for any colleges.....

4th December 2012, 08:46 AM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to do MCA after passing 12th? I am a student of BCA 5th semester

If you does not have Mathematics in 10+2 then you will face difficulties in taking Admission in MCA(Master of computer Application).

For taking admission in MCA you will required the following Eligibility:-

>>Minimum percentage in 10+2 and BCA should be 60%.
>>Must have Mathematics in 10+2.

You will not be able to take Admission in following Colleges:-

>>IIT'S.
>>NIT'S.
>>BIT MESRA.
>>BHU,VARANASI.

However you can appear in the following exams in order to get admission in MCA.
These are:-

>>OJEE.
>>WBJEE.
>>UPJEE.
>>CGJEE.
>>MPCET.
>>GUJCET.
>>MAH-CET.

One of the top college for MCA in which you will be eligible to take Admission in JNU even if you do not have Mathematics in 10+2 is :-
>>JNU(JAWAHAR LAL UNIVERSITY,Delhi).
@Its form cost will be Rs 250.
@Its exam Notifications comes in the Middle of March Every year.
@Its course fee is only Rs 500/Year.

In any MCA Entrance test the questions will be asked from the following sections:-

>>Reasoning.
>>Numerical Ability.
>>English Grammer.
>>Computer.
>>Mathematics(From 10+2 level).

Most of the questions of Mathematics will be come from the following sections:-

>>Integration.
>>Diffferentiation.
>>Probability.
>>Functions.
>>Sets.
>>A.P,G.P.H.P .
>>Circle.

So try to get commands over these sections in order to get pass in JNU Entrance exams.
4th December 2012, 09:25 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do MCA after passing 12th? I am a student of BCA 5th semester

It would be very difficult for you to take admission for Master of Computer Application. However it is necessary to do some course after BCA since this degree alone is not going to offer a secure future.

For most candidates the best course option after Bachelor of Computer Application is the Master of Computer Application. This course has good scope in private sector. There are several IT companies that hires MCA graduates. The Master of Computer Application course specializes in:

Internet

Trouble Shooting

Application Software

System Management

Hardware Technology

Software Development Networking

Now the truth is that most colleges would not accept a candidate who did not had Maths as one of the subjects in 12th. This means that there is no point of appearing for the entrance exams for the MCA.

But saying that there are few universities that do accept students who did not had Maths in 12th. Majority of these universities offer MCA through correspondence.

Here is what you can do.

1. Take admission in IGNOU for the MCA. But candidates with Maths in 12th have to do CIC course along with MCA.

2. Delhi University (DU) accepts BCA students without Maths in 12th. However such students should take 2 Maths paper in the 6th semester of BCA. Since you are in 5th semester, this is something you should think about.

Other Colleges that may accept include:

Apeejay Institute of Management and Information Technology (New Delhi)

Ansal Institute of Technology (Gurgaon)

Global Institute of Management Technology (GIMT)

Maharaja Surajmal Institute (New Delhi)

JSS Academy of Technical Education(Noida)

Guru Nanak Institute of Management(New Delhi)
4th December 2012, 12:43 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh1250 View Post
i am a student of BCA 5th sem and i want to do MCA but in 12th my subject is not math then can i do MCA for any colleges.....
Dear,

Since you are doing BCA you can take admission in MCA course for your higher studies. Its the best course for you as MCA is equivalent to B.tech in CSE or IT and so after completing this you can make a good career in IT sector and apply for the post of software engineer in reputed IT companies.

There are certain entrance test which you need to qualify for taking admission in MCA course. List of those tests are as under:
  1. Karnataka PGCET
  2. UPSEE
  3. Delhi university entrance test for MCA.
  4. West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam for MCA
  5. Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT)
  6. Pune University MCA Entrance Exam
  7. National Institutes of Technology (NIMCET) Common Entrance Test for MCA
  8. Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) MCA Entrance Exam
  9. Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test For MCA
  10. Birla Institute of Technology (BIT) MCA Entrance Exam

Value of any degree increases if it is done from a good institute. Some of the best MCA institutes in India are:
  1. Pune University
  2. Delhi University
  3. J. N. U., New Delhi
  4. R.E.C. Trichy
  5. MNNIT, Allahabad
  6. B.H.U.
  7. IIT Roorkee
  8. ICSE Indore
  9. V.J.T.I., Mumbai
  10. Jalgaon University
  11. Hyderabad Central University Hyderabad
  12. National Institute of Technology (NIT)
  13. Birla Institute of Technology Jaipur
  14. National Institute of Technology (NIT)
  15. PSG College of Technology Coimbatore
  16. NIT- National Institute of Technology
  17. MN National Institute of Technology (NIT)
  18. Vellore Institute Of Technology

Best of luck!
4th December 2012, 01:44 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Hello,
You are doing BCA which should be complemented with a next level MCA. But yes, if you do not have mathematics, then most universities reject the MCA application. So the best institute for this to opt will be IGNOU. IGNOU university holds MCA programs for graduate people from any and every genre. You just have to be a graduate for this. In your case this condition is fulfilled. You will require no additional formalities, except for filling and submitting the form. So for this please log onto www.ignou.ac.in. Or you can call at the Kolkata IGNOU study center number at (033) 2281 0964. This will be a three year course and the fees for each semester being around Rs.8000.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?