5th December 2012, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

How should I prepare for IAS entrance exam?

Hi myself manoj plz some advice for ias exam preparation ?

23rd January 2013, 02:32 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I prepare for IAS entrance exam?

Selection to IAS is done through preliminary and mains exam. To clear preliminary exam, one needs to prepare on General Aptitude, Indian Polity, Indian Constitution and World/Indian Geography. Mains exam can be cleared by preparing on the optional subject selected. A lot of books on CSAT will be available in book stores. Prepare using reference books by following a convenient and routine time table.
23rd January 2013, 04:43 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

HI,

IAS EXAM STANDS FOR INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES.

After completion of your graduation you are eligible for IAS exam.The UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) of India conducts the IAS exam

(i) Age limits :

21-30 years. (Upper age limit relax able for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories).

(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification .

(iii) No. of permissible attempts :

Four (Seven attempts of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs )

The three-step process is:

Preliminary Exam (Prelims), Main Exam (Mains), and Interview.

*****Important tips;-

****know exam pattern very well

--*--follow best books

---read news paper daily

---think positive

---share new things with others

thank you............................
23rd January 2013, 05:13 PM
mayankt

Hi,
IF YOU WANT TO BECOME AN IAS OFFICER FOR THAT YOU HAVE TO APPEAR AND PASS CIVIL SERVICES EXAM
THERE ARE 3-step process is:
Preliminary Exam (Prelims), Main Exam (Mains), and Interview
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Qualification
#.Graduation in any stream from a recognised university.If it is done in correspondence then it must be approved from DEC( distance education council).

#.Age criteria:
General: 21-30 years
OBC:21-33 years
SC/ST:21-35 years

#.attempts
General:4
OBC:7
SC/ST:no limit.

#.Nationality: Indian

Good luck...
23rd January 2013, 07:36 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

For being an IAS officer. You should first of all meet the eligibilty criteria for the IAS. You should be a citizen of india and should also be a graduate in any stream from a recognized indian university.
Your age should be in between 21-30 years of age.(gen.)
21-33(obc)
21-35(sc/st)
The number of attempts=
4 for general
7 for obc
No limit for sc st
The process of being an IAS is that you need to give the preliminary exam conducted by the UPSC. Therefater, clearing the pre exam you have to prepare for the mains and then if you clear your mains, you’ll be called for an interview and then you’ll be an IAS. For starting, you should initiate your preparation with the general knowledg, history, geography and indian polity.
There are two papers in the pre exam,
Paper 1- general studies (history, georgraphy, economics, current affairs, science(upto X)
Paper 2-CSAT( quantitave aptitude and verbal skills(ENGLISH))

gud luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?