9th May 2013, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

How can I prepare for IAS entrance exam? I have completed graduation

sir, i hve completing my graduation. i want to apply in IAS Exames, so hw i can prepare it & also tell me procedure.

17th July 2013, 05:14 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How can I prepare for IAS entrance exam? I have completed graduation

HI

Following is the eligibility criteria for appearing for IAS

You need to be citizen of India
you should be graduate
You should have done your graduation from recognized college or institute
you age should be 21-30
Relaxation of 5 year for SC/ST and 3 year for OBC

Since you have completed your graduation, you will have to take a year gap for preparation. It would be better to join any good coaching institute.
Good coaching would give you good guidance and relevant reading material

All the best
17th July 2013, 02:24 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare for IAS entrance exam? I have completed graduation

You can apply for IAS through the website of UPSC. The exam is usually conducted in the month of May. Questions on Current events, history, Geography, Indian Polity, Panchayati raj, comprehension, logical reasoning, mental ability, etc are asked for prelims exam. General studies, optional papers, English language, etc are asked for mains exam. Preparation for the test can be made using reference books like UPSC Portal CSAT General Studies Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 1), CSAT/MPSC Mock Papers (Paperback), and Crack CSAT. Practicing previous year question papers is another effective method for studies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?