19th December 2012, 05:08 PM
ss_sankar

Procedure to be followed to study for Aerospace Engineering in any IIT

Dear Sir,

I would like to introduce myself V.K.Manivarma studying standrd 12 in Tamil Nadu in matric syllabus. I would like to study Aerospace Engineering in one of the IIT. Kindly let me know the procedure to be followed to join the course, please.

With kind regards
V.K.Manivarma

Related Questions:
  1. Can I take admission in IIT in Aeronautics or Aerospace after pursuing B.E in Mechanical? What is the procedure?
  2. To study Aerospace Engineering, are IIT and IIST the only way?
  3. Procedure, list of colleges, total expenses and course duration of Diploma in Aerospace Engineering for 12th student? Starting salary for diploma Aerospace Engineer?
  4. Procedure of admission to M.Tech course in Aerospace Engineering
  5. Is IIT Kanpur better in M.Tech Aerospace Engineering than IIT Kharagpur and IIT Madras?
  6. How much to score in IIT JEE so as to get a seat in Aerospace Engineering? In which colleges can I get admission after scoring below 9k rank in IIT JEE? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Is M.Tech in Aerospace engineering from IIT Kanpur better than IIT Madras and IIT Kharagpur
  8. Procedure to get admission in German Universities for MS in Aerospace Engineering? Procedure to get Visa and rues to pay amount? Minimum percentage requirement?
  9. How to study aerospace engineering in India? Best aerospace engineering colleges?
  10. Marks required in 12th to qualify for Aerospace Engineering? Is there any entrance exam? Should I pass the IIT exam? List of good Aerospace engineering colleges in Kerala?
  11. How to study for Aerospace Engineering in government college in India? How many seats are reserved for Nepali citizen in IIT
  12. Am I eligible to study in IIT for Aerospace/Aeronautical engineering after studying B.Tech in Computer Science?
  13. How to study MS in aerospace engineering in US? what are the top most colleges and entrance exams ?
  14. Which branch to take in B.Tech if I want to do Piloting?
  15. Entrance exams for B.Tech. in Aerospace Engineering? What is the fee structure for Aerospace Engineering in Hindustan College of Engineering?
  16. Procedure to apply for Internship programme in ISRO or any Aerospace related industry for B.E.(Aerospace Engineering) student?
  17. Which are the Aeronautical Colleges in AP? How would I get a seat in top college?
  18. Procedure to study in IIT for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student? -- [New]
14th July 2016, 10:36 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to be followed to study for Aerospace Engineering in any IIT

Aerospace engineering is one of the engineering branch which deals with the development of aircraft and spacecraft. It is a four-year undergraduate engineering degree course in the field of Aerospace. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or equivalent with PCM stream from a Government recognised board are eligible to pursue Aerospace Engineering course.

To get admission in IIT for pursuing Aerospace Engineering course, you have to appear in JEE Main and Advanced examinations after completion of your 12th standard. To be eligible to appear in JEE Main examination, you should have passed 12th standard with PCM stream from a Government recognised board. Candidates who have qualified and secured top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main examination are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination.

If you qualify and secure good rank in JEE Advanced examination, you will be called for counselling process which involves web options and document verification stages. Based on the rank you have secured in JEE Advanced examination, if you are eligible for getting admission in Aerospace Engineering course in IIT, you will be allotted a seat in Aerospace Engineering course in IIT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?