15th August 2011, 12:04 PM
astronautt

Am I eligible to study in IIT for Aerospace/Aeronautical engineering after studying B.Tech in Computer Science?

I was studying b.tech (computer science and engineering).can i eligible to study in iit(aerospace engineering/aerouatical engineering) after completion of my b.tech?

Related Questions:
  1. Which course is better to do DBA MCA or MSc IT?
  2. Am I eligible to appear for GATE exam after studying B.Tech in computer science from KSOU
  3. Best 25 colleges offering EC department?
  4. 12th science or diploma in computer science? What has a better scope? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Eligibility of joining B.Tech in Aeronautical after studying diploma in Computer Science?
  6. Am I eligible to study Integrated M.Sc in Computer Science after completing 12th Mathematics? Is this course equivalent to B.E.(Computer Science Engineering)?
  7. List of top colleges and maximum TANCET marks required to join them?
  8. What should I do to study B.Tech in Computer Engineering being an Electrical Diploma engineering student?
  9. Am I eligible for IIT JAM after completing B.Tech in computer science
  10. When will be the next M.Ed entrance test in CCS University
  11. Am I eligible to appear for IAS after studying engineering in computer science?
  12. Am I eligible for Rail Transport Courses after completing B.Tech Computer Science Engineering
  13. Can I study B.Tech in IIT after completing Diploma course? Course duration of B.Tech in IIT for Diploma student?
  14. Am I eligible to study Biotechnology if haven't studied Biology in +2?
  15. Names of the universities through which I can complete my B.Tech in Haryana? I have passed diploma in Mechanical
  16. Can I study B.Sc in IT being a Computer Science Engineering Diploma student?
  17. Can I study Master's Degree in Computer Science after completing B.Sc(Computer Science)?
  18. MBA in HR can do M.Phil in Computer Science? What should I do to study M.Phil in Computer Science? -- [New]
19th August 2011, 12:31 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study in IIT for Aerospace/Aeronautical engineering after studying B.Tech in Computer Science?

Dear Friend

You are eligible to take admission in M.Tech. in Aerospace Engineering at IITs but
for admission in M.Tech. in Aerospace Engineering at IITs, you will have to appear
GATE examination with Aeronautical/Aerospace/Civil/Mechanical Engineering subjects.

It is very difficult for a Computer Science student, to prepare for GATE with
Aerospace/Civil/Mechanical Engineering subjects.

I would recommend you to prepare for GATE with Computer Science subjects itself.
There are lots of opportunities for CS/Maths. scholars, in the research area of
aerospace and aeronautical field.

Being a CS engineer you will serve and grow better by advancing your career through
CS stream itself rather than Aerospace stream.
19th August 2011, 01:59 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study in IIT for Aerospace/Aeronautical engineering after studying B.Tech in Computer Science?

dear friend,
Yes, my friend you can take admission for M.tech course in IIT after completion of B.tech in computer science..
As you want to take admission in M.tech in Aeronautical engineering then you have to appear in GATE exam in aeronautical engineering subjects...
So, it will be very difficult for you to crack the exam..
See you are a CSE student , and you have to cover all the syllabus of aeronautical subjects..
So, I think it will be better for you to appear in this exam with your own subjects..
you can go for M.tech is Computer science field rather than in Aeronautical engineering..
After doing M.tech in computer science field you also get a huge opportunity to get a job..
Which will be much easier for you...
Now it is upon you..
All the best..
24th November 2011, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

I have completed GCE a levels under cie examinations and now i want to study aerospace engineering in IIT in india.May i know the requirements for o and A-level undergraduate students for this and also the total fee during the b.tech course.
29th May 2012, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

i gt 72% in 12 cbse am i elligible to get admission in aronautical in any of iit institution
6th September 2013, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

what is the opinion about astrophysics after b tech in cs. very interested in physics,maths, astronomy. plz give me sir
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?