23rd September 2012, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IPS officer if I am a 10th standard student?

Sir, i am in 10th standard. I wish to become an ips officer. Please, advise me which education and institution help to achive my aim? I live in kalyan city, dist thane, state maharashtra.

5th October 2012, 11:56 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IPS officer if I am a 10th standard student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, i am in 10th standard. I wish to become an ips officer. Please, advise me which education and institution help to achive my aim? I live in kalyan city, dist thane, state maharashtra.
IPS stands for Indian Police Services, To become IPS, you have to appear for Civil Service Exam, conducted by UPSC. This exam is highly competitive, around 4 lakh students appear for it every year. The selection rate is very less you have to prepared well for this examination as per the pattern and syllabus. Although vacancies are very few, only 900 are selected.

But to become IPS officer, you have to appear for the UPSC Civil services examination and to apply for this examination you need a graduate degree course from a recognised university, final year appearing candidates are also eligible for this examination.

But Now you are in Matriculation, so you have lots of time to apply for UPSC Civil services examination, You can start preparing well after Intermediate examination, because 3 year preparation is necessary to cracked this examination and when you are pursuing your final year graduate course then you can apply for this examination.

IPS officers got a job in Police Departments, jobs like Director of Intelligence Bureau, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Assistant Commissioner of Police etc.

But first you have to appear for the Preliminary examination and there are two papers in this examination i.e Paper-I and II. Both the paper is objective with negative marking and if you cracked the preliminary examination, then you are eligible for Mains.

So, first complete your Intermediate examination and then start preparation for Civil services examination along with your graduation, if you need more details then you can visit the official website.

http://upsc.gov.in
5th October 2012, 12:16 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
IPS EXAM STANDS FOR INDIAN POLICE SERVICE EXAM WHICH IS CONDUCTED BY UPSC ONCE IN A YEAR.

you can join ips exam after 10th standard.

TO JOIN IPS EXAM,
**you must be graduate from a recognized university.

**age limit is 21-30 years.
category age relaxation number of attempt
general 0 4
obc 3 7
sc/st 5 no limit

**you must be Indian citizen.

ips exam physical standard;-

for more;-
upsc.gov.in
5th October 2012, 01:56 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hello Friend.........

I am sorry to say that, there no chance to become a IAS officer with 10th standard

aspirant candidates, first crack the Civil Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission in yearly once

Minimum education qualification for Civil Services is candidates must have a bachelor of degree in any stream from any recognized university

and degree final students also eligible for this examination.

The candidates age should between 21 to 30 years and age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidates as under

For SC/ST candidates 5 years relaxation and 3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates

Candidates should be a citizen of India

Maximum attempts for General candidates is 4, 7 for OBC candidates and no restriction for SC/ST Candidates

Selection Procedure

1. Preliminary Examination

2. Mains Examination

3. Interview..........

So, friend first concentrate your study and complete your graduation first then you can eligible for Civil Examination

all the best.......

Regards......
Tash
5th October 2012, 03:51 PM
Astha sinhaa

Hey!As you are in class 10,so first you need is to clear your boards(10th & 12th both).To become an IPS officer,the first thing is you should be final year appearing candidate or have a graduate degree from a recognised college.Then,you can apply for UPSC Civil Services Examination.
This exam is too competitive out of which only 900 candidates are selected based on screening and Mains.You should start your preparation from the beginning of first year.Depending upon your stream,3-4 years are enough for the preparation of UPSC Exams.
Well,best of luck for your bright future ahead.
5th October 2012, 06:54 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

Hai,

IPS stands Indian Police Serivice.In India Several IPS coaching institute are grooming the candidate and are producing successful candidate every year.they impart great presentation skills to the candidates which will be of great use to the candidate ti suceed in spite of the heavy competition

Eligibile criteria:

**You need to be a citizen of India

**You need to complete your UG degree in Any Discipline

**You need to be Physically fit for the IPS

IPS Physical requirements:

The Coaching Centre for IPS

**Prabha IAS Academy

**Vajiram & Ravi Institute for Civil Services

**Shankar IAS Academy

**Ujjwal IAS Academy

**IMS

**Classic IAS Academy

**Ultimate IAS Study Circle

**Hamdard Study Circle

**Alternative Learning Systems (P) LTD

**Ambition

**Apex IAS Academy

**Axiom

**Career Path

**Career Plus
25th May 2014, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

Can you told me name if collage where I can take admission after 12 in a university for ips
31st October 2014, 11:08 PM
partha sarathy170

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2696869]Sir, i am in 10th standard. I wish to become an ips officer. Please, advise me which education and institution help to achive my aim? I live in hospet city, bellary taluk, karnataka state.
21st April 2015, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

Can I choose science or Comoros after tenth class to make an IPS officer
22nd May 2019, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

Hay, MAM I am sneha i am in 10th standard. I wish to become an ips officer. But i donot know how to achieve my dream ?Please advise me such suggestions.
13th June 2019, 12:08 AM
Deepanshu3010

To become an IPS officer you must have a bachelor degree in any discipline.

The exam is highly competitive and the success rate is very less.But after clearing the exam you got respect and awe in your society.

Since, you are in 10th standard first of all complete your 10+2 and bachelor degree.
Then start preparing for IPS with determination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?