26th August 2013, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

Can a BSc graduate go for MSc in Astrophysics and related courses

I am a F.Y. B.sc(maths) student with physics as my elective subject. I wanted to know if I can go for M.sc in astrophysics and related courses? And which are the best colleges in India to persue the programme,and the procedure to get admission in them?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it necessary to do BSc Physics if I wish to do MSc Astrophysics
  2. Can a Maths graduate study for MSc in Astrophysics? What is the percentage required to get in BSc?
  3. Names of colleges where I can do MSc in Astrophysics after completing BSc Physics?
  4. What shall I do after completion of B.Sc in Physics?
  5. Colleges which are offering MSc Astrophysics?
  6. Is BSc in Astrophysics compulsory for MSc in Astrophysics?
  7. How to do MSc Astrophysics or Nuclear Physics after doing BSc(MPEL)? Which are the universities offering this course? What is the eligibility criteria?
  8. How to join ISRO after passing BSc? I want to do MSc in Astrophysics or Astronomy
  9. Job opportunities in BSc Astrophysics? Which are the best colleges for BSc Astrophysics in Chennai?
  10. Information about BSc Astrophysics? Details about the colleges for BSc Astrophysics in correspondence course in Chennai city?
  11. How to take admission in MSc with Astrophysics after getting BSc degree in Mathematics
  12. Any PG courses related to Maths after BSc Mathematics? Institutes offering the course?
  13. Can I do M.Sc in Astrophysics after completion of B.Sc in Physics with 70%? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Which PG courses can I do related to my my field of dentistry? Institutes offering the course? Syllabus for preparing for MSc course?
  15. What can I do after completing my BSc computer science? I am interested in Astrophysics
  16. Can I do MSc in Astrophysics through correspondence? I have completed BSc in PCM through CMJ university Meghalaya -- [New]
  17. Join Astrophysics after B.Tech Electrical and Electronics? Which exams need to be written and colleges offering the course? Is it necessary to do Ph.D after completion of MSc Astrophysics?
  18. How to do BSc Astrophysics? I am doing my 12th
30th July 2017, 11:34 AM
ravinayadav256

Default Re: Can a BSc graduate go for MSc in Astrophysics and related courses

Courses after graduation related to M.Sc(Astrophysics):-

M.Sc Astronomy
M.Sc(Astrophysics)
PhD. in Astronomy
PhD. in Astrophysics
PhD. in Astronomy and Astrophysics

Admission process:-

Student must have passed bachelor's degree with minimum 50% aggregate marks from a recognized university.

Some reputed universities conduct entrance exam for admission.

List of entrance exams for M.Sc(Astrophysics):-

Andhra University Entrance Exam
Aligarh Muslim University Entrance Exam
Indian Institute of Technology - Joint Entrance exam
Indian Institute of Science (IISc.): Department of Physics, Bangalore Entrance Exam
Osmania University Entrance Exam

List of best M.Sc(Astrophysics) colleges:-

Osmania University : College of Science
Hyderabad

Indian Institute of Astrophysics
Bangalore, Karnataka

Maharaja`s Sanskrit College
Mysore, Karnataka

St. Xavier`s College
Kolkata, West Bengal

Gulbarga University
Gulbarga, Karnataka

R. V. Center for Cognitive Technologies
Bangalore, Karnataka

Karpagam university
Coimbatore ,Tamil Nadu

Punjab university
Chandigarh

Job profiles:-

Astronaut
Research Scientist
Astronomer
Lecturer

Salary:-

Starting salary is around Rs. 50,000 per month.
3rd December 2018, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can a BSc graduate go for MSc in Astrophysics and related courses

I am a B.SC graduate in Computer Science and I am willing to do MA Tamil. Kindly let me know the possibilities.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?