15th July 2012, 04:31 PM
Kedar marne

How to become a IAS officer? How should I proceed further after passing 12th to become an IAS officer?

Hi, i'm KEDAR want be become a IAS officer.
Now i'm in 12th science. How should i proceed further after 12th to became a IAS officer.

Related Questions:
  1. How to become an IAS officer after passing 12th Arts?
  2. How can I become an IAS officer after passing 12th arts
  3. What is the work-profile of an IES mechanical officer in various sectors? Does IES officer have same powers as IAS officer?
  4. Eligibility criteria and procedure to apply for civil serves examination -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Can I become IAS officer having completed B.Sc. in IT? What is required to become IAS Officer?
  6. How to become an IAS officer after passing 10th standard?
  7. Physical fitness requirements, starting salary and duration of IAS Officer training for 2nd PUC student?
  8. How can I become an IAS Officer being a 9th student? Detailed information about IAS? -- [New]
  9. How can I become an IAS officer after completing 12th?
  10. How to become an IAS officer? How may I get the details like eligibility criteria, qualification requirements etc for becoming an IAS officer? I am in 12th standard(maths stream)
  11. How to prepare to become an IAS officer and which subjects to be chosen? I am a class 12th student from science
  12. How to make my career to become an IAS officer? I have completed 12th with 88%
  13. Placement Papers of Accenture Recruitment?
  14. How to become an IAS officer after passing class 10th?
  15. After 2nd PUC how long does it takes to become an IAS Officer? Starting salary and minimum required physical standard?
  16. Can I become an IAS Officer after completing 12th standard? Study in NDA through IAS exam?
  17. How can I become an IAS officer? I am pursuing Physiotherapy
  18. How to become an IAS officer after completing BMS degree? From where to get the forms? Details about IAS exam?
23rd July 2012, 07:47 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a IAS officer? How should I proceed further after passing 12th to become an IAS officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedar marne View Post
Now i'm in 12th science. How should i proceed further after 12th to became a IAS officer.
You have lot of time ahead of you to prepare for IAS exam.

Before that, you first need to focus on your graduation, it is more important, as exam for IAS is very competitive, only 120 are selected out of 4-5 Lakh for this cadre. So, you need something as back option.

At present don't worry much about preparation. You can start preparation in full mode in your final year of graduation.

You can do some preliminary preparation like reading newspaper, improve communication & writing skills.

Practice to write good essay. You need to have good GK and general awareness to clear this exam. You can read some magazines on economy, business, space progress, technology. Also read one year book. Rest you can do in your final year. One year preparation is enough for this exam.
23rd July 2012, 08:25 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a IAS officer? How should I proceed further after passing 12th to become an IAS officer?

hi,

If you become an IAS officer, you become part of the Indian Administrative Service. You will be part of the Govt. You can work from “the inside” and change “the system”!!
If you have a dream for India, or if you, like us, believe that India will soon be a “super-power”. If you want to be part of the process of making India a great nation, IAS is for you! Being an IAS officer, there is a lot more power and control you have so that you can be part of Emerging India!
Besides that, IAS is a great career option! You get many “perks of the job” when you are an IAS officer. You will have “job security”, “discount on Govt. services”, “Govt. provided transportation” and many more things... Even though the monthly salary provided by the IAS career is not too high, the “perks” make up for the less salary!
However, getting into the IAS is not that easy! There is a very competitive “one year long” exam! To get into the IAS, you probably will have to try more than once before you succeed. And even if you clear the exam, then you have to get a very good score to qualify for the IAS! So, basically getting into the IAS is not that easy.
for more-
http://www.upsc.gov.in
23rd July 2012, 09:09 PM
ojaswisingh
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: How to become a IAS officer? How should I proceed further after passing 12th to become an IAS officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedar marne View Post
hey dear...

First i wud lyk to appreciate ur choice .... an IAS Officer WOW!!
Now cuming to ur query ...
Its lyk... 1st afol u must concentrate on ur graduation....
den just after ur graduation u can apply for it....
for eligibility criteria, syllabus, subject options, age limits, sample papers and procedure of examination check out d following site...

www.upsc.gov.in

and for sample papers many books are available in d market .... namely SATISH BROTHERS PUBLICATION, PRATIYOGITA DARPAN, UPKAR PRAKASHAN... etc

Best Wishes....
23rd July 2012, 10:02 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear.............
As you are interested for IAS officer for this you have to apply for Civil Service Exam which is held once in a year through UPSC.
The details eligibility criteria for this exam are as follows........

The exam pattern & optional subjects which you can choose for your exam ...

The list of best books from where you can prepare for your exam.......

For more details visit official website of UPSC.

Good luck.............
23rd July 2012, 10:22 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

To become a IAS officer,you should fill the application form of Civil Service Exam.This exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year once.

To appear for Civil Service exam,you should have completed or appearing for final exam of graduation degree with any stream from a recognized university and your age should be between 21 to 30 years.

So,you should take any course in graduation,in which you are interested.Then after completing or appearing for final exam of graduation,you can fill the application form of Civil Service exam.Civil Service exam consist of Preliminary exam,Main exam and Interview.

Preliminary exam notification will release in the month of February and exam will held on May month every year.After clearing the preliminary exam,you will eligible for Main exam.Main exam will held on September month every year.After clearing this exam also,then you will call to attend for final interview,after clearing this you will assign the post according to your rank in civil service exam.For more details,then see this attachment.

Official website:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 125 views)
23rd July 2012, 10:45 PM
anu kumari 2
Senior Member+

hye,

I think now you are not qualify for IAS when you have completed your graduation then
you are eligible for IAS so,wait and consitrate on you study

but also again i tell you something about IAS

UPSC Main Examination - Optional Subjects
General Studies
Essay
English Qualifying
Indian Languages
Mathematics
Agriculture
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
Indian History
Law
Management
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science
Psychology
Public Administration
Sociology
Statistics
Zoology
Anthropology
Arabic
Assamese
Bengali
Bodo
Chinese
Dogri
English
French
German
Gujarati
Hindi
Kannada
Kashmiri
Konkani
Maithili
Malayalam
Manipuri
Marathi
Nepali
Oriya
Pali
Persian
Punjabi
Russian
Sanskrit
Santali
Sindhi
Tamil
Telugu
Urdu

here are some best coaching of IAS

Chanakya I A S Academy
www.chanakyaiasacademy.com
124, Second Floor, Satya Niketan,, Opposite Venketshwar College
New Delhi

Chanakya IAS Academy
North Delhi Centre : 1597, Outram Line, Kingsway Camp, Kingsway Camp
New Delhi

Sriram's IAS
www.sriramsias.com
A-5, 2nd Floor, Raj Tower, Behind Batra Cinema, Mukherjee Nagar,
New Delhi
011 2582 5591
23rd July 2012, 10:52 PM
anu kumari 2
Senior Member+

hye,

I think now you are not qualify for IAS when you have completed your graduation then
you are eligible for IAS so,wait and consitrate on you study

but also again i tell you something about IAS

UPSC Main Examination - Optional Subjects
General Studies
Essay
English Qualifying
Indian Languages
Mathematics
Agriculture
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
Indian History
Law
Management
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science
Psychology
Public Administration
Sociology
Statistics
Zoology
Anthropology
Arabic
Assamese
Bengali
Bodo
Chinese
Dogri
English
French
German
Gujarati
Hindi
Kannada
Kashmiri
Konkani
Maithili
Malayalam
Manipuri
Marathi
Nepali
Oriya
Pali
Persian
Punjabi
Russian
Sanskrit
Santali
Sindhi
Tamil
Telugu
Urdu

here are some best coaching of IAS

Chanakya I A S Academy
124, Second Floor, Satya Niketan,, Opposite Venketshwar College
New Delhi

Chanakya IAS Academy
North Delhi Centre : 1597, Outram Line, Kingsway Camp, Kingsway Camp
New Delhi

Sriram's IAS
www.sriramsias.com
A-5, 2nd Floor, Raj Tower, Behind Batra Cinema, Mukherjee Nagar,
New Delhi
011 2582 5591
23rd July 2012, 11:16 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

Civil Services Examination is the most prestigious examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various All India Services including I.A.S., I.P.S., I.F.S.,I.R.S., and various Group A Services and Group B Services.

Normally applications are invited by UPSC notifications in leading News Papers during December every year.

The Civil Services Examination consists of three stages :

1. Civil Services Preliminary Examination ( Objective Type) (Usually conducted in May)
2. Civil Services Main Examination (Written) (Conducted during October/November)
3. Interview and final Selection (During April/May)

1. Minimum Educational Qualification :

Degree of any recognized university. However candidates studying in final year examination may apply for Preliminary. When he applies for Main Examination, he shall be a Graduate. But the following Engineering discipline are eligible :-

* Civil Engineering,
* Mechanical Engineering,
* Bio Technology,
* Electrical Engineering,
* Physics
* Chemistry
* Statics
* Geology etc.

For this you have to prepare right now.Here I have also mentioned about the age limit and number of attempts of the examination.

2. Age Limit :

* Minimum Age :- 21 as on 1st August during which they will write Exam.

* Maximum Age: 30 for GEN, 33 for OBC and 35 for SC.

3. Number of attempts :

* General Candidates -> 4

* OBC -> 7

* SC/ST -> No Limit

~regards~
priyo
8th August 2012, 10:39 AM
Unregistered

sir
. i m in b.com final year nd my age is 18 so how should i proceed for ias exam
11th October 2012, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

presently i m pursuing ete course after doing my class 12th from science steam but i want to be an IAS so tell me what to do to achieve my aim.
22nd October 2012, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

SIR,
i have completed BBA in 2010...now i the final year student of MBA marketing......

i want to become an IAS oficer....

so i request to you........that........

do i prepare for IAS EXEMINATION...
30th November 2012, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

I am doing B.COM 1 year i wanna be a IAS officer so what should do for become a IAS officer
25th March 2013, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I completed my 12th class examinations.nd now im very much confused wat to take after tiz...b-tech or degree.plz answer me because i hav very less time to decide.....
25th March 2013, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I completed my 12th class examinations.nd now im very much confused wat to take after tiz...b-tech or degree.plz answer me because i hav very less time to decide.....
5th April 2013, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i am doing 10th i want to become an IAS officer i am also confused as others which degree i must take after 12th i know i have time ut iam too nerveous
6th April 2013, 01:00 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

You are now pursing 12th and after completion of which is the right time to start your preparation accordingly to become an IAS officer along with the regular under Graduate studies.

IAS - Indian Administrative Service and to become an IAS officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Prelminary Exam comprises of objective type questions.

Civil Service Main Exam comprises of subjective type questions

Personal Interview

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
6th April 2013, 02:36 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend,

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. This exam conducts Union Public Service Commission every year.

Eligibility:

Nationality:

Candidate must have citizen of India.

Educational Qualification:

Candidate should be Complete the Graduation from recognized University. No percentage required for this exam. Final year pursuing candidates are also eligible for this exam.

Age limit:

The candidate minimum age limit is 21 years and maximum age limit is 30 years. The upper age relaxation is applicable for other categories. 3 years relaxation for OBC. 5 years relaxation for SC/ST. 10 years relaxation for Physical Handicapped candidates.

Both male and female candidates are become IAS Officer.

No of Attempts:

4 attempts for General Candidates.

7 attempts for OBC candidates.

No limit of attempts for SC/ST candidates.

SELECTION PROCESS:

Preliminary Examination

Main Examination

Personal Interview

for more details

www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
7th April 2013, 12:34 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend..............

I am sorry to say you that there is no chance to become a IAS officer with 12th standard

the minimum educational qualification for become IAS officer is bachelor of degree in any stream

i can give you more information about IAS

First you can appear for Civil Examination

Civil Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission in yearly ones,

For this Civil Examination some eligibility are there

if you satisfy these all eligibility then you are eligible for civil examination

Eligibility Criteria for Civil Examination

Educational Qualification

>> Candidates have a bachelor of degree in any stream from any recognized university,

>> Final year students also eligible for this examination

>> There is no percentage required for this examination

Age Limit

>> Candidates age should between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates

3 years relaxation for OBC candidates

Nationality

>> Candidates should be a citizen of India

Selection Procedure

** Preliminary Examination

** Mains Examination

** Interview Test

No.of Attempts

>> Maximum 7 attempts for general candidates

>> Maximum 4 attempts for OBC Candidates

>> There is no restriction for SC/ST candidates
12th April 2013, 08:54 AM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

Hai....

You are not eligible to write the IAS exam because the minimum qualification required for this exam is graduation in any stream.

This exam is conducted by the UPSC once a year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

Candidate should complete graduation from a recognized university

Age limit for this exam is 21 to 30 years

Upper age relaxation for OBC candidates is 3 years

5 years for SC/ST candidates

Candidate should be a citizen of india

SELECTION PROCEDURE:

preliminary exam

Main exam

Interview

For more details please visit the www.upsc.gov.in

BEST OF LUCK....
21st April 2013, 08:48 AM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

hai,

Sorry to say this after 12th there is no need to proceed to IAS exam.The minimum qualification is Graduation. So after completion of your graduation you are proceed to this IAS exam.

IAS(Indian Administrative Service) exam is conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) only one time in a year.

Eligibility criteria:-

You should be complete graduation or an bachelor's degree from a recognised university.

The candidate must be a citizen of india.

Final year persuing candidates can also be eligible for this exam.

There is no required percentage to appear this exam.

Age criteria:-

For General candidates 21 years to 30years,

For OBC candidates 21 years to 33years,

For SC/ST candidates 21 years to 35 years.

For PH OBC candidates 21 years to 40years.

Number of Attempts:-

4 times for general candidates,

7 times OBC candidates,

No limit for SC/ST candidates.

Exam Pattern:

[/COLOR][/B]Selection steps:-

***Civil services preliminary exam,

***Civil services main exam,

***Personal interview.
22nd April 2013, 04:30 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

The abbreviation of IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

For becoming an iAS officer, you will have to appear for the civil services exam, that is organized by Union Public Service Commission every year.

And, for appearing in civil services exam, you will have to finish your bachelor degree.

The educational qualifications regarding with Indian Administrative Services exam are below mentioned:-

# Candidates must have finished their bachelor degree in any curriculum from any approved institution.

# There is no percentage criteria needed in bachelor degree for this exam.

# Candidates of last year of bachelor degree are also preferable for this exam.

No. of attempts regarding with Indian Administrative SErvices exam are below mentioned:-

# Open candidates:- 4.

# OBC candidates:- 7.

# SC/ST candidates:- Not assumed.

The age criteria and relaxation regarding with Indian Administrative Services are below mentioned:-

# 21-30 years.

# Relaxation:- 3 years, 5 years and 10 years relaxation are assumed to OBC, SC/ST and PH candidates.

# Citizenship:- Must be Indian.

Thanks.
22nd April 2013, 09:56 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

you are eligible for UPSC exams only after your graduation.

Educational Qualification

You must hold any degree in any discipline from any recognized university.

Number of attempts permitted

General Category 4
OBC 7
Physically Handicapped 7
SC & ST No limit on number of attempts

Age Limit
General Category 30 years
Other Backward Classes (OBC) 33 years
Scheduled Tribes / Scheduled Tribes 35 years
blind, deaf-mute and orthopaedically handicapped persons 40 years
15th July 2013, 12:56 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi

For appearing for IAS you will have to complete your graduation first

As per the eligibility criteria

You should be citizen of India
You should have done your graduation from any recognized college or institute
your age should be 21-30 years for general category

Relaxation of 5 years is given for SC/ST and 3 years are given to OBC

Number of Attempts:
General : 4 Attempts
OBC: 7 Attempts
handicapped: 7 attempts
SC/ST: No limit

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Prelminary Exam comprises of objective type questions.

Civil Service Main Exam comprises of subjective type questions

Personal Interview

It is advisable to join any good coaching institute in your prefinal year of graduation.
Though coaching class is not mandatory but IAS preparation requires lots of patience and determination. Coaching class would help you complete the syllabus on time.

All the best
15th July 2013, 03:59 PM
Anandkp 44

You are not eligible to write the IAS exam because the minimum qualification required for this exam is graduation in any stream.

This exam is conducted by the UPSC once a year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:Candidate should complete graduation from a recognized university
Age limit for this exam is 21 to 30 years
Upper age relaxation for OBC candidates is 3 years
5 years for SC/ST candidates
Candidate should be a citizen of india
25th March 2014, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

I want to be IAS officer after 12 what should i do as i am from commerce stream
???
6th April 2014, 02:03 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. It is one of the top civil service in India.

Many of the candidates have the desire to see themselves as IAS officers. But only candidates who have strong preparation towards the selection procedure can become IAS officers.

The selection procedure would involve
Civil Services Aptitude Test
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

The minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidates to apply for the position of IAS Officer is by completion of Graduation with any of the stream.

Candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation also can apply for this position.

As you have completed only 12th class, you can apply for the above selection procedure once you have done with your Graduation.

I suggest you to opt for stream in Graduation with any of the following subjects
Botany
Zoology
Biotechnology
Microbiology etc.

Opt for any of the following optional subjects for Main Exam.
Botany
Zoology
Chemistry etc.

Carry out preparation for civil services exam from the very beginning of your Graduation.

Wish you all the best.
16th April 2014, 08:57 AM
Unregistered

I am a 12th passed students with science [maths] .please guide me the way i.e. subjects should i choose in graduation ,how much minimum time should i give to my study to crack UPSC exam?which magazines should i read?
17th January 2017, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

Now i am in Bsc 1. I know that that i can not eligible for this exam but i want to preparation for this at this time. Can i do it?????? Please give me answer..... ..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?