5th January 2014, 12:46 AM
Unregistered

Will I be rejected in pre-employment medical checkup of CTS?

I have acute color blind ness.i am from com puter engineering department.i have got offer letter from cognizant technology soln to join it as a freshers.but in the letter it is mentioned that i can join it after being found medically fit by cognizant doctor.so can i join cognizant?????????are other it company reject people on basis of onky color blindness??????

please help me!!!!!!!!

5th January 2014, 12:18 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Default Re: pre employment medical checkup in CTS

No, you don't have to worry about this at all. The pre-medical test doesn't have anything to do with your sight and especially with color blindness. The pre-medical test for software companies like CTS will contain only the following tests,

-> Complete blood count with ESR

-> Blood grouping - ABO & Rh

-> Blood Glucose Random

-> Total Cholesterol

-> Serum Creatinine

-> Urine Routine

-> ECG

-> X-Ray Chest

Even with the above tests results things will get complicated only when the results of any of the tests are critical and nothing to worry about if it's marginally high or so.

You can just go to any of the nearby Medical centers which are considerably bigger like Apollo and let them know that you need to do the checkup for joining new job and they themselves will prepare all these things and give you in hand with one single certificate which contains all the above tests result and you can submit it directly to the Doctor who is going to test you in CTS otherwise just chill out and wait for the calling date from the company and everything will be just fine as color blindness doesn't have anything to do with your software job.

My personal advise will be to take some immediate treatment with some eye care hospital and get it cured which is good for your future..
2nd May 2014, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Will I be rejected in pre-employment medical checkup of CTS?

I went for a pre-medical employment check up, though all my tests were fine there was a column in the form where I need to fill whether anyone in my family has ever suffered from cancer...for which I answered yes...now I am a bit scared...please help me.
16th December 2014, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

I have done pre- employment medical check for atos. My BP is 150/90, for this reason will I be rejected?
3rd November 2015, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

I have been selected for an ITIS organisation, i have hearing loss in both of my ears and am using hearing aid, will it be a problem in pre-joining ?, plz let me know.
18th May 2016, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

Does a type 2 diabetic person can get a job or will it be cancelled even after giving the offer letter..?
3rd February 2017, 05:09 AM
Unregistered

Sir I have 3 mm vsd left to right shunt ( hart)
I was temparory unfit and give me 6 month for treatment in sail ( Bhilai steel plant) I chequp in AiIms ' fortes excort Delhi and max hospital there Dr say me not need any treatment and Dr give me cardiac fitness certificate sir what I am doing now
14th January 2018, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

Sir My absolute monocyte count is 0.07 in pre employment medical check up... Will I be get rejected?
16th December 2019, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

Will i rejected in pre-employment medical check up due to right eye cataract minor problem
of CTS?
29th December 2019, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

My hemoglobin is11. 7 normochromic anemia Will I be rejected for employment
30th December 2019, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

If person found anemia hemoglobin 11.7 AND HDL 39 weather he will be rejected for job
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?