1st March 2014, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

How to be a Manager in Airlines? Qualification required?

I am an aeronautical engineering student. I want to be a manager in airlines,so how can i get a manager job in airlines and what are the qualifications i need?

2nd March 2014, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to be a Manager in Airlines? Qualification required?

I got 64% in 12th..please suggest some gud colleges in calcutta..where'll i get admited..
2nd March 2014, 06:37 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to be a Manager in Airlines? Qualification required?

To become Airport manager or Manager in Airlines you must need to get good experience in the particular Airlines field.You may try for your experience at local airports.Generally smaller airports provides good flexibility in regards to the job duties and responsibilities.Generally these can be added to the Resume as your work experiences as well as accomplishments.So that you may find good career opportunities as well.
Manager in Airlines generally need to manager the overall tasks,guiding the staff,well planning,and sme other more responsibilities you need to handle.Anyways as you are willing to become Managr in the Airlines you better to find your career from small to higher airlines.To join as a Manager in the Airlines field you must first qualify and Pass the examination.After successful qualifying the examination then you may go for the joining as Airport manager.

The entrance examination is conducted by the “Airport Authority of India”.So you need to apply for the examinations when you see the notifications for the different managerial positions in the various Airports of India.Basically the eligibility criteria for examination is only Graduation.So you must have done your Bachelor degree from a recognized university in Business Administration or general business field.Or else the candidates with the Masters degree are also eligible for working in the field.The candidates for MBA or Aviation management can be useful for a good career.As you are an Aeronautical Engineering student you can go for the Air Port Authority of India examination ,soon after qualifying the examination under managerial positions you can apply for the same.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?