1st September 2014, 01:14 AM
Unregistered

Should I do 3 years Diploma to get admission in IIT?

sir , ive just cleared icse class10 exams with good percentage in maths now im looking forward to get a 3 years diploma in polytechnics from haryana so that i can get admision in iit easily please tell me should i do that or not ? please reply please

6th September 2014, 02:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I do 3 years Diploma to get admission in IIT?

Sorry IITs and NITs don't give admission to Diploma Engineering and you should complete 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Maths to become eligible for IITs.

JEE Mains and Advanced is conducted for admission into various engineering courses in top engineering colleges of India. Hence, pass 10+2 and be prepared for JEE. You will get only two consecutive attempts for JEE Mains and Advanced.

Lateral Entry is offered some top colleges across India but not by IITs and NITs. Hence, if you do Diploma then you will not get admission in IITs on the basis of Lateral Entry. Therefore, if you are interested in other colleges then surely have can do Diploma in Engineering.

Lateral Entry Engineering Test (LEET) is conducted in India for giving admission to Diploma Engineering holders in to 2nd year of B.Tech course of their respective discipline. There are some good colleges which accept LEET scores through counseling.

Some of the top LEET colleges in Haryana are listed below:

1. YMCA College, Faridabad
2. Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology, Murthal
3. Seth Jai Parkash Mukand Lal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Yamuna Nagar
4. Dronacharya college of Engineering, Gurgaon
5. Apeejay College of engineering Sohna
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?