15th May 2011, 09:33 PM
sajalrathore

Can I give CLAT exam(LLB) if I am 19 years old? What is the age limit?

I have given my 12th boards with PCM. Im born on 16th may 1992..im dropping 1 yr..Can i give CLAT(llb)??...i wana knw about the age limit. thanks

29th August 2011, 08:56 PM
dhruv007

Default Re: Can I give CLAT exam(LLB) if I am 19 years old? What is the age limit?

of course , man, it is exam of 12th passed candidates,with duration of 5 years course. first two year are integrated course and then remaining three years are pg course. it equivalent to LLB course .
12th September 2011, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I give CLAT exam(LLB) if I am 19 years old? What is the age limit?

sir m reapting claas 12th bcoz i failed to clear last tym ... m age is 19 ... m i eligable to giv clat ?
16th November 2011, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

can i give clat exam in 2012 if i am 16 year old .....?
28th January 2012, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

What preparation is required for appearing for CLAT?
23rd March 2012, 09:36 AM
Unregistered

i am 19 years old. Now i am Doing B.A 2nd year. After Completing My Graduation can I do LLB? What age is required For LLB. Please tell
me.
27th April 2012, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

i m 20 years of age can i give exam of clat????
30th April 2012, 09:34 PM
krithika.mm

Smile Re: Can I give CLAT exam(LLB) if I am 19 years old? What is the age limit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i m 20 years of age can i give exam of clat????
Hi,
Here is the information regarding CLAT.

CLAT: Common Law Admission Test

Eligibility

Eligibility for Under-Graduate Programmes

To be eligible to appear in CLAT, a candidate should have obtained a Senior Secondary School/Intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent qualification from a recognised Board with not less than 50% marks in aggregate (45% in case of SC/ST/OBC and PWD).**
Candidates who have appeared in the 10+2 examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear in the test.
Age of candidate should not be more than 20 years in case of General/OBC candidates (22 years in case of SC/ST and persons with Disability)**.
The candidate must have passed the qualifying examination at the time of his/her admission and be able to submit its proof.
** Subject to State reservation at the University concerned.

Eligibility for Post-Graduate Programmes

To be eligible for appearing in CLAT, a candidate should have obtained a LL.B/B.L. Degree or an equivalent degree from a recognised University with not less than 55% marks in aggregate (50% in case of SC/ST /OBC and persons with Disability)*.
Candidates who have appeared in the qualifying degree examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear in the test**.
*Subject to state reservation at the University concerned
**The candidate must have passed the qualifying examination at the time of his/her admission and be able to submit its proof.

All the best!
12th May 2012, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

Excuse me sir. Im 18 years old and ived just finished my 10th class.. So can i give CLAT exam llb...
15th May 2012, 07:53 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

Yeah shore you are eligible for CLAT(Common Law Admission Test) exam.

Eligibility criteria:

Candidate should be complete 12th standard with atleast of 50% marks from a recognised state board of india.

5% of marks age relaxation for sc/st candidates.

Candidate should be a citizen of india.

Age limits is 17 years to 20 years, 2 years age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Selection procedure is based on written test.

Syllabus for written test;

Elementary mathematics,
General english,
General knowledge,
Current Affairs,
Legal Aptitude,
Logical Reasoning.

Best of luck.
8th November 2012, 09:53 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Definitely you can appear for the Common Law Admission Test at the age of 19 years. However you should have complete 12th standard to apply for the exam. At the time of applying for the exam, it is important to show your 12th documents else you won't be given admission to appear for CLAT.

Eligibility

1. Candidate must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board.

2. At least 50 percent marks in 12th board.

3. SC/ST candidates need 45 percent marks.

Age Limit

1. Age limit for General candidates is 20 years.

2. There is 2 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

CLAT Exam Syllabus

Elementary Mathematics

General English

General Knowledge

Current Affairs

Legal Aptitude

Logical Reasoning

After clearing the CLAT exam you can take admission for BA LLB which is 5 years long course. On completion of this course you will become lawyer.

LAW Colleges in India

National Law School of India Univ
ILS Law College, Pune
Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies, Bangalore
ILS Law College, Pune
Government Law College, Mumbai
Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur
Army Institute of Law, Mohali
Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
DES Law College, Pune
8th March 2013, 10:06 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajalrathore View Post
I have given my 12th boards with PCM. Im born on 16th may 1992..im dropping 1 yr..Can i give CLAT(llb)??...i wana knw about the age limit. thanks

Yes Off Course your eligible for CLAT Entrance Examination, the candidate who is below 20 years are eligible for CLAT Entrance Examination ..

12th Standard is the Minimum Educational Qualification to appear in CLAT Entrance Examination .. So, If you satisfy the educational qualification then your eligible for CLAT Entrance Examination .

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test . It's an Entry level Examination for LLB and LLM Course and this Examination is conducted by Eleven Law University . If your aspiring to get admission for LLB University then you should qualified in CLAT Examination with good percentage of marks . There are so many reputed Institution may accept this Entrance Examination scores .

Eligibility Criteria for CLAT Entrance Examination :-

Educational Qualification :- Applicant need to passed in 12th standard (or) equivalent Course from recognized University which is Organized by UGC.. The Applicant waiting for 12th Board Examination may also eligible to apply for this Entrance Examination

Minimum Percentage of marks :- Applicant need to secure Minimum 50% percentage of marks and Relaxation will given to sc/st candidates for 5% percentage of marks ..

Age Criteria :- Applicant age should less then 20 years and Upper age relaxation will applicable for sc/st candidates and obc candidates .

Application Procedure :-

You may buy the Examination application form from State of Bank of India / Selected Indian Bank / Eleven National Law Schools . You may also download the Examination application form from the Official website :- http://www.clat.ac.in . The Cost of Examination Application form Rs.400 /- . The CLAT Examination application forms available during the Month of January , Receipt for Complete Application form during the Month of April . The Examination held during the Month of May .

Books for CLAT Examination :-

CLAT Exmaination by Lal and Mishra.
Comprehensive Book of English Grammer by Dr. B. B. Jain
CLAT Examination Guide by RPH Editorial Board
CLAT Examination by Mazumdar Rituparna
Emglish Grammar by Wrenn and Martin
Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning by Panel of Experts
CLAT Practice Papers by Gaurav Mehta
CLAT and LLB Entrance Examinations by AP Bhardwaj
1st April 2013, 02:32 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
I am extremely sorry to say but you cannot sit for the CLAT Exam because your DOB suggests that your current age is 20 yrs and 10 months. This exceeds the upper age limit of 20 years for General category and OBCcandidates. However if you are an SC/ST candidate then the upper age limit becomes 22 years. In that case by dropping a year you can sit for the LLB program.

Full form of CLAT is Common Law Admission Test and this exam is for those candidates who wants to do graduation and post graduation in law. Law as a career is becoming increasingly lucrative day by day and so the popularity of CLAT is also there for everyone to sense.

Fourteen universities participates in this examination and depending on the rank you score you will end up being in any one of those universities. These universities in turns conducts the exam every year. Usually the exam takes place in May and during January or February the notifications releases. So keep an eye on the official website all the time.

For CLAT exam as must be known to you, you need to complete Higher Secondary examination or its equivalent from a recognized board. The subject combination doesn't matters. But you have to get not less than 50% of marks in aggregate at 10+2 level.

For the reserved category candidates there is some relaxation again. They need to get 45% of marks. Final year students are also eligible to sit for this exam.

As mentioned earlier, the upper age limit for General and OBC candidates is 20 years and for SC/ST candidates it is 22 years.

Exam Pattern:-
  1. Total MCQ's:- 200 Questions
  2. Total Marks:- 200 Marks
  3. Time Duration:- 2 Hours

Subject Areas With Weightage:-
  • English including Comprehension: 40 marks
  • General Knowledge/ Current Affairs: 50 marks
  • Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability): 20 marks
  • Legal Aptitude: 50 marks
  • Logical Reasoning: 40 marks

Please Note:- Negative Marking is there. So for every wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted from the original score.

Hope this helps :-> :->
3rd April 2013, 05:43 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Sajal,

The acronym for CLAT is Common Law Admission Test.

If, you belong to SC/ST category then, you are eligible to give CLAT examination, otherwise you are not eligible for this examination.

Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a centralised test for admission to prominent National Law Universities in India.

The test is taken after the 12th grade for admission to graduation (also known as Bachelor's) courses in Law and after Graduation in Law for Master of Laws LL.M programs conducted by these Law Universities.

The eligibility criteria required for CLAT examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of 12th with 50% marks from any accredited board.

* Age limit:- 20 yrs for General and OBC contenders.

* Age relaxation:- 2 yrs for SC/ST and PWD contenders.

* Final year contenders are also eligible.

* Nationality:- Indian.

4th April 2013, 12:12 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Excuse me sir. Im 18 years old and ived just finished my 10th class.. So can i give CLAT exam llb...
NO, just after passing class 10th, you CANNOT GIVE THE CLAT exams.

You need to fulfil the below minimum eligibilty to apply for the CLAT exams

Educational Qualifications : 12th Pass with Minimum 45% marks

Age- Maximum age to apply is 20 years

Questions will be asked from the below sections in the written test:
English including Comprehension - 40 marks
Legal Aptitude- 50 marks
Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability) 20 marks
Logical Reasoning – 40 marks
General Knowledge/ Current Affairs – 50 Marks
2nd June 2013, 11:55 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
"No Doubt " definitely you're applicable for CLAT Entrance Examination .. Basically, the candidate who are below 20 years are eligible to applicable for this Entrance Examination . At present you're 19 years of age . So, definitely you're applicable for this Entrance Examination .

Besides the age criteria, you may also satisfy the educational qualification also ,,

Information Regarding CLAT Examination :-

• CLAT -- Common Law Admission Test and the Examination is conducted by Seven Law Institution in India .
  • It's an Entry level Examination for LLB and LLM Course .
  • The Applicant who are aspiring to apply for LLB Course than the Applicant should be Qualified in CLAT Examination..

The Selection Procedure for this CLAT Examination based on

-Written Examination and,
-Interview .

Eligibility Criteria for CLAT Examination :-

The Applicant should be Qualified 12th standard / Equivalent Examination in any Stream from recognized University . The Applicant should score Minimum 50% Percentage of marks in 12th board Examination and relaxation will applicable for sc/st candidates for 3 years . The Applicant who are Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination . The Applicant age should be Not more than 20 years and not more then 22 years and Upper age relaxation will applicable for sc/st candidates .

CLAT Examination Pattern :- Elementary Mathematics / General English / General Knowledge / Current Affairs / Legal Aptitude / Logical Reasoning Etc.... The CLAT Examination is an Objective type with Multiple choice . There is no Negative Marking in CLAT Examination .

Books for CLAT Examination :-

~~ CLAT Common Law Admission Test by Mazumdar Rituparna
~~ Legal Aptitude / Legal Reasoning by Panel of Experts
~~ Practice Papers for CLAT by Gaurav Mehta
~~ Study Package for CLAT Examination by AP Bhardwaj

List of Law Colleges Accepting CLAT Examination Score Card :-

-National University of Advanced Legal Studies
-National Law University
-National University of Study and Research in Law
-National Law University and Judicial Academy
-National Law School of India University
-Gujarat National Law University
-Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University
-Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law
-Chanakya National Law University
-NALSAR University of Law
-National Law Institute University
-The West Bengal National University of Juidical Sciences
-National Law University
-Hidayatullah National Law University
30th July 2013, 04:10 PM
whiteblossom

Hello,

CLAT means Common Law Admission Test .

This test can be given by a undergraduate and also by a graduate .

For undergraduate the age limit for CLAT is below 20 years
There is relaxation of 2 years for SC/ST

For graduate the age limit for CLAT is 30 years
There is relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST

Since you are 19 years old you can appear for the CLAT meant for undergraduate course
30th July 2013, 04:24 PM
whiteblossom

Hello,

CLAT means Common Law Admission Test .

This test can be given by a undergraduate and also by a graduate .

For undergraduate the age limit for CLAT is below 20 years
There is relaxation of 2 years for SC/ST

For graduate the age limit for CLAT is 30 years
There is relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST

Since you are 19 years old you can appear for the CLAT meant for undergraduate course
10th March 2014, 02:46 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

You have to wait till your results for class 12 are declared. You need to have minimum score of 50 percent in class 12 for appearing in CLAT test. On clearing the test with good score, you are eligible to seek admission in various top law institutes like
National Law School of India University, Bangalore
>> NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad
>> National Law Institute University, Bhopal
>> West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata
>> National Law University, Jodhpur
>> Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur
>> Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
>> Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow
>> Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala
>> Chanakya National Law University, Patna
>> National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi
>> National Law University, Orissa
>> National University of Study & Research in Law, Ranchi
>> National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam.
4th June 2014, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

Hey I'm going to be 20 years old by June 17 2015 can I appear for clat exam to be conducted in 2015? Expert opinion needed
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?