1st December 2014, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for Air Force having 70% marks in Graduation?

I am Graduate with 70% marks in b.com. My age is 22 years old. can i eligible for air force? if yes,Then Please tell the procedure of entrance in air force.

1st December 2014, 04:43 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Air Force having 70% marks in Graduation?

Yes, you are eligible to join in Indian Air Force. To join in Indian Air Force, you need to appear for CDS examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Following is the eligibility criteria required to appear for CDS Indian Air Force examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must be in between 19- 23 years of age to be eligible to appear for CDS Indian Air Force examination.

3. You must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent from a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.

4. You must be Physically and Mentally fit.

Selection Procedure :-
1. Written Test
2. Personal Interview
Candidates who qualify in written test will be called for Personal Interview and candidates who perform well in this round will be finally selected into Combined Defence Services or Indian Air Force.
1st December 2014, 04:49 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am Graduate with 70% marks in b.com. My age is 22 years old. can i eligible for air force? if yes,Then Please tell the procedure of entrance in air force.
No, B.Com degree holder candidates are not eligible for Indian Air Force exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services examination. CDS Examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission

To enter the Indian Military Academy you need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university and your age should be in between 19 to 23 years.

To enter the Air Force Academy you need to get a B.Sc degree with physics or mathematics or a bachelor's degree in engineering/technology and your age should be in between 19 to 23 years.

To enter the Naval Academy you need to have a B.E./B.Tech degree in engineering or technology or a bachelor's degree in science with physics or mathematics and your age should be in between 19 to 22 years.

To enter the Officer's Training Academy you need to complete your graduation in any discipline from a recognized university and your age should be in between 19 to 25 years.

For more details about CDS exam and Application process, you can visit the official website http://www.upsc.gov.in
1st December 2014, 10:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

One can join Indian Air Force as an officer after Graduation through CDS Exam and AFCAT. You must have at least a Graduation with Maths and Physics subjects for CDS exam.

In AFCAT for Ground Duty Branch any Graduate can apply but for Flying Branch and Technical Branch Maths and Physics in Graduation is very much essential.

The age limit for Indian Air Force Academy for CDS exam is 19 to 23 years. For AFCAT the age limit varies for different branches. For AFCAT age limit is from 19 to 27 years for various branches.

The selection will be based on following stages.

1. Written Exam
2. SSB Interview
3. Medical Examination

For more information visit http://careerairforce.nic.in and http://upsc.gov.in
4th September 2017, 12:26 PM
kunalroy89

Being a Commerce graduate,you cannot​ apply for Technical branches or flying branches of Airforce. Your qualifications makes you eligible for AFCAT in Non Technical Ground duty branches like Administration and Logistics. For those,you need a Graduation degree from any stream with minimum 50% marks. You can apply for Army wings like IMA and OTA under CDS where Graduation stream is not relevant.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?