26th October 2012, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

Can I join NDA after passing commerce?

sir i am a commerce student of class 11th from cbse board of delhi can i join nda ?

6th November 2012, 08:32 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I join NDA after passing commerce?

hello friends ..................

If your Age in between 16.5 - 19 yrs then you can eligible for NDA.

for ,this exam all groups students, who are complete 12th with above age is eligible for NDA

SO , you are not eligible for NDA, Because, your 12th is not completed.
6th November 2012, 11:08 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Hello friend,
For NDA (NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY)
Your minimum Qualification should be (10+2) level for Army with physics and maths for Af/Navy.

Age between 16.5 yrs - 19yrs as of first day of the month in which course is due to commence.
Martial status should be unmarried.
So , sorry friend you cannot join NDA as you are in 11th standarad & you are from commerce background.

But besides NDA you have many other options like after completing your studies you can appear for many entarance exams like CAT , MAT , SNAP,this are for Joining MBA, if you dont want to do MBA then the best for you is that you can prepare for IBPS bank PO EXAMS. After passing successfully you can have a bright future in REPUTATED BANKS.

So wish you Good Luck. . .
7th November 2012, 12:02 AM
sbhndsen
Member+

You will have to wait for one more year to make your candidature for NDA examination. After completing 12th standard from any stream like Arts / Commerce / Science, you will be eligible to join NDA. However, here is the minimum criteria:
1. You need to be a citizen of India (that you are, I hope so)
2. You need to be a unmarried male candidate
3. Your age limit is needed for this examination is 16.5 - 19 years
4. You must have completed 12th standard from any recognized school board with a fair
percentage in any stream.
5. It is necessary that, you have sound health and completely physically fit.
6. You must have a good eyesight so that you can view distant objects clearly.

Note that, For joining in Indian Navy and Air Force you need to have completed 10+2 with physics and mathematics as subjects.
7th November 2012, 07:35 AM
Ravi kumar pawar
Member+

Hi

Eligibility for nda exam:
Minimum 12th in any stream

Age limit:16 1/2 year-19 year
No age relaxation

So you not eligible for nda
First complete 12th with good marks.
7th November 2012, 08:17 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

NDA - National Defence Academy, the exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year for entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and Mental health.

If you have completed 12th Commerce you are eligible to apply for Indian Army of NDA as for Indian Navy and Air Force wing 12th pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects to be studied, is a criteria.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
7th November 2012, 12:31 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

hai,

NDA examination is a way to Join Defence just after completing his Intermediate examination, those who are interested to Join Army, Navy and Air force wings may apply for NDA Examination, this examination is conducted by UPSC, two times in a year.

Physical requirments:
[IMG]://www.bharatiyanaukri.com/NDA-Physical-Requirements.jpg DA[/IMG]
Your age should between 19 to 25 years to apply for CDS Examination. Girls can only choose officer's training Academy only as the preference at the time of filling online application form.

NDA Examination is only for Unmarried male candidates only, Girls are not eligible for NDA because girls are not fit as compared to boys at the age of 16.5 to 19 years. Training in NDA is also very tough and girls are not fit for NDA Training, so this is the main reason that girls are not eligible for NDA.

regards........santhosh..............
7th November 2012, 04:05 PM
sudha001

Smile Re: Can I join NDA after passing commerce?

Hello Friend ,

NDA exam is conducted by UPSC every year twice i a month ,and yes you are eligible for NDA post that is Army but not for the post of NAVY as you have to pass 10+2 with science stream .

There is a factor regarding age limit that is your age must be around 17-19 years...

for exam details please visit :- http://www.upsc.gov.in/

All The Best ...
7th November 2012, 06:47 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend........

May be NDA only for who's studied PCM subjects in 12th standard

as per your course you are not studied PCM subjects in your 12th standard may be

NDA stands for National Defense Academy

This Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission in yearly twice

Eligibility Criteria for NDA Examination

Candidates must have a 12th standard with PCM subjects from any recognized institutions

Candidates age should between 16.5 years to 19 years

Candidates should be a citizen of India

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for this examination

if, you are satisfy above criteria's then you are eligible for NDA Examination

all the best......

Regards....
Tash
7th November 2012, 07:27 PM
sah.alok

yes you can join try for NDA but let me tell you NDA is not a institute to be joined but a entrance that is conducted to select candidates for army.air force,navy
the eligibility criteria for joining NDA are
1)minimum qualification-10+2 with physics and maths in navy and air force and with any stream for army,no percentage bar
2)age limit-16.5 to 19 years(at the time of commencement of course)
3)nationality-indian
for more information visit the following website
www.upsc.gov.in
www.careerairforce.nic.in
www.nausena-bharti.nic.in
www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
7th November 2012, 09:16 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i am a commerce student of class 11th from cbse board of delhi can i join nda ?

NDA Stands for National Defence Academy examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year as namely NDA I and NDA II .

If you have completed 12th standard from recognized board with science department you are applicable for NDA exam.Commerce and Arts student are applicable for only Indian Army branch.

You are now 11th standard so when you are in final year of your 12th standard , you are applicable for NDA exam .

But your age should be in between 16.5 to 19 years.There are no are no age relaxation for Reserved category .

Only unmarried male candidate are applicable for NDA exam.You must have citizenship of India.

The selection procedure for NDA exam is 1) Written Test. 2) Personal Interview.

For more detail regarding NDA visit UPSC official website: http://upsc.gov.in
8th November 2012, 10:04 AM
shrijan1990

hy
NDA Exam Details:
If you have complete 12th class recently,
then you can appear for NDA exam.Through
this exam,you can join Indian Army.
Actually this exam take three different wings that Indian Air Force wings,
Indian Navy wings and Indian Army wings.As you want to join in Indian Army,
so here is eligibility criteria for NDA (Indian Army).

Eligibility criteria for NDA(Indian Army):
You should have complete 12th class with any stream from a recognized university.
And your age should be between 16 1/2 to 19 years.
If you fulfill with this criteria,then you can appear for NDA exam of this year.
Issuing of application form from 31st Dec 2011 to 30th Jan 2012.
And exam will held on 15th April 2012
8th November 2012, 11:56 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Since you do not have science at 10+2 level therefore you wont be able to apply for the Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy or enter the Naval Academy. But to enter the Army wing the subject combination at 10+2 level is not an important criteria. So with commerce at 10+2 level you can still apply to enter the Indian Army.

Full form of NDA is National Defence Academy. NDA Exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission twice a year. On getting selected you will receive training in the NDA for three years.

On completing three years in the academy you will be awarded with a B.A./B.Sc degree from Jawaharlal Nehru University. If you enter the military academy then after completing three years as cadet you will go to the Indian Military Academy, Dehra Dun.

NDA Exam Eligibility Criteria:-
  • You should be a citizen of India.
  • This exam can be given by the male unmarried candidates of India only.
  • For Army Wing: You need to pass higher secondary examination or its equivalent from a recognized school or institution.
  • For Air Force and Naval Wings and Naval Academy: You need to pass higher secondary examination or its equivalent with physics and mathematics from a recognized school or institution.
  • The minimum age limit for giving this exam is 16.5 years. The upper age limit is 19 years. There is no age relaxation for the reserved category candidates.

NDA Exam Pattern:-

The exam is mainly objective type. In addition to a written exam you will have to go through one intelligence personality test as well. Marks allotted for both the stages is 900 marks each.

In the written exam the section general ability test will have questions from the following sections: Physics, Chemistry, General Science, History, Geography and Current Event.

In the intelligence personality test session you will be made to go through activities like group discussions, group planning, outdoor group task. You may be asked to give lectures on some subjects as well.

Hope this helps :-> :->
11th December 2012, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

I'm an hnd holder in business administration & management can I join nda with it?
23rd February 2013, 03:47 PM

hi dude,

NDA examination is a way to Join Defence just after completing his Intermediate examination, those who are interested to Join Army, Navy and Air force wings may apply for NDA Examination, this examination is conducted by UPSC, two times in a year.

After completing 12th standard from any stream like Arts / Commerce / Science, you will be eligible to join NDA. However, here is the minimum criteria:
1. You need to be a citizen of India (that you are, I hope so)
2. You need to be a unmarried male candidate
3. Your age limit is needed for this examination is 16.5 - 19 years
4. You must have completed 12th standard from any recognized school board with a fair
percentage in any stream.
5. It is necessary that, you have sound health and completely physically fit.
6. You must have a good eyesight so that you can view distant objects clearly.
23rd February 2013, 08:45 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can apply for NDA after completing 10+2 with Commerce stream but you will be only eligible for Indian Army.

So if you want to join Indian Army through NDA examination then surely you can apply for it.

Those who want to join Indian Air Force and Indian Navy must pass 10+2 with maths and physics subjects.

Age Limit for NDA Exam:

-Age must be between 16.5 to 19 years.

-Only unmarried male can apply for NDA Exam.

-You Must be a Citizen of India.

Educational Qualification:

10+2 or Intermediate pass from a recognised Board of Education.

Examination Pattern:

The exam is divided into three stages:

-Written Examination

-SSB Interview

-Medical Examination

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
23rd February 2013, 11:03 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
NDA exams are held for the:
>> Army
>> Airforce
>> Navy
>> Naval Academy

Since you are a commerce Graduate , you can only apply for the Army wing of the NDA exams.

NDA exams are held two times in a year

Below is the Eligibilty for the NDA exams
12th pass for the Army wing
12th pass with Phy and Maths as subjects for the Airforce and Navy wing

Age- Minimum 16.5 years
Maximum 19 years
8th April 2013, 12:24 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for NDA is National Defence Academy.

Yes, you are eligible for NDA examination but, not at present time.

You can be eligible for NDA examination after completion of your 12th and only for Army wing because of your stream.

UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) conducts NDA examination twice every year in the months of April and August for the Army, Navy and Air Force wings.

The eligibility criteria required for the Army examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of 12th with Arts & Commerce from any accredited board.

* Age limit:- 16.5-19 yrs.

* Marital status:- Unmarried or single.

* Sex:- Only male contenders.

* Nationality:- Indian.

* Physical eligibility:-

9th April 2013, 08:21 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Sorry to say but you cannot join the National Defense Academy [NDA] if you are in 11th standard from commerce stream.

In order to join the NDA , you need to consider on the below mentioned necessary.

Those candidates who are interested in joining the Indian Defense in any of the following wings :

* Indian Army

* Indian Navy

* Indian Air Force

The Union Public Service Commission provides them the opportunity to fulfill their dream.

The Union Public Service Commission conducts the NDA Exam twice every year as NDA-I & NDA-II in the months of April and August respectively.

Cracking the NDA Exam , candidates can easily join the National Defense Academy in their desired wings as per their rank.

But to be eligible to appear in the exam , you must have to fulfill some of the qualifications required for the same.

These Required Qualifications are :

* You must have passed 12th from any recognized board in any stream.

* Candidates who are currently pursuing 12th are also eligible but they can apply only for the NDA-II exam.

* Non-PCM Candidates like you can only apply for the Indian Army wing of National Defense Academy.

* The Age Limit is 16.5-19 years and no relaxation in upper age is given to candidates of any category.

* The candidate must be an unmarried male as the female candidates are not allowed to apply for this exam.

* The candidate must be an Indian Citizen with good mental and physical status.

So , from the basis of the above mentioned , i just recommend you to complete your 11th standard and when you are in 12th standard and if you fulfill the qualifications required , then you can appear in the NDA Exam.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.

9th April 2013, 08:46 AM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Aspirant,

The abbreviation of NDA is National Defense Academy.

Not at all, you can't join NDA before passing 12th standard.

After passing 12th standard with Commerce, you can join NDA for Army position.

NDA exam is organized by Union Public Service Commission every year for two times in April and August months for Army/Navy/Air Force positions.

The scheme of selection of NDA exam is below mentioned:-

# Written test.

# SSB interview process.

# Medical test.

The educational qualifications regarding with NDA exam are below mentioned:-

# Opponents must have finished their 12th standard.

# There is no percentage criteria needed for this exam.

# Opponents of last year of 12th standard are also preferable for this exam.

The age criteria regarding with NDA exam is below mentioned:-

# 16.5-19 years.

# Opponents must be unmarried male.

# Citizenship:- Opponents must be Indian.

The physical standards regarding with NDA exam are below mentioned:-

Thanks.
9th April 2013, 10:31 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
HI!
I am happy to inform you that you are eligible for N.D.A after passing 11th and 12th with commerce stream.

N.D.A exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year.

Age limit for N.D.A exam is 16.5-18 year.

There are three stage of selection:-
> Written exam
> Interview
> Medical Exam

You can apply online or offline.
The Form cost is just 20 Rs.
For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK!
26th May 2013, 01:07 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Yes Off Course Commerce stream candidates are eligible for NDA Entrance Examination ... But Being a Commerce stream candidate your only eligible for Army Academy ..

Commerce stream candidates are not eligible for Navy and Airforce Academy ..

So, If your interested in Army Academy than your eligible for NDA Entrance Examination ..

If your interested to apply for NDA examination then should apply for UPSC examination service , NDA examination is conducted by UPSC and held twice a year, generally in the month of April and September . NDA having three wings namely ,army Navy and airforce academy .

Eligibility Criteria required for NDA Entrance Examination ::

>>> You should be citizen of India

>>> You should be finished 12 Examination from recognized university and if are currently doing 12th can also apply NDA examination .

>>> If your taken Physics & Mathematics in Class 12th can apply for navy and air force.

>>> Your age should be 16 1/ years to 19 years .

You should physically fit of the NDA training academy like , your height is not within 157.5cms to 162.5cms you chest should be not less than 81cms . you should have proper eye-sight .

You should apply for NDA examination in both the online as well as offline method .

If your interested to apply for NDA examination in Off line method then you should collect the examination application in Head office of the post office , through the country .

If your interested to apply for NDA Examination in online then you should go through the official website of the UPSC , the important notification are published in UPSC and employment news paper .

Note : No relaxation is given for any other category in NDA examination

For More Information Please Visit here : http://www.upsc.gov.in/
4th June 2013, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

how much fit should be a boy to get into nda
is he essential to study languages
is he required to learn martial arts
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?