7th January 2015, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for CAT entrance exam with 49.5%?

Sir/Mam,

I have taken 49.5% in B.Sc.

Will I be able to fill cat ,mat bhu-mca entrance form 2015.?

Please give me answers.

9th January 2015, 10:41 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CAT entrance exam with 49.5%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

Please give me answers.
As per marks criteria, you are not eligible for CAT entrance exam. You are eligible for MAT entrance exam.

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. CAT examination is conducted by IIM's every year for admission in IIM and top level MBA colleges.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university with above 50% marks are eligible for CAT exam. For SC/ST candidates the percentage is 45 % in graduation. There is no age limitation for the candidates. Final year student are also eligible for CAT exam.

Pattern for CAT exam:-

1.Data Interpretation.
2.Quantitative Aptitude.
3.Logical Reasoning.
4.Verbal Ability.

For more details about CAT exam, you can visit to the official website http://www.catiim.in
9th January 2015, 01:06 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Whether you are eligible for CAT, MAT, BHU-MCA Entrance examination or not basically depends on Caste category you belong to.

>> If you belong to SC/ ST/ PWD/ Differently Able (DA) categories - You are eligible to apply for CAT, MAT, BHU MCA Entrance Examinations

>> If you belong to other categories (General/ OBC) - You are not eligible to apply for CAT, MAT, BHU MCA entrance exams

As you have not mentioned your caste category clearly, we can not tell you exact eligibility. But there are only two cases either 1 or 2, so if you belong to General or OBC category you should not apply for both the exams.

Eligibility Criteria:

For CAT Exam: Candidates must have obtained at least 50% of marks to be eligible
For MAT Exam: Candidates must have passed Graduation (no percentage criteria)
For BHU MCA Exam: Candidates must have secured minimum 50% of marks to be eligible

So you are eligible to appear for MAT (Management Aptitude Test) exam since there is no percentage criteria.

For More Details - http://www.bhu.ac.in/fms/

BHU Application Form 2015 - http://www.bhu.ac.in/fms/FMSBHUAppli...orm2015-16.pdf
13th April 2015, 08:35 PM
kunalroy89

The eligibility for CAT is 50% marks in Graduation(for general) and 45% marks in Graduation (reserved category) candidates.
For BHU also the same condition applies as 50% marks for general and 45% for Reserved categories.

For MAT, there is no marks limit and you can appear for the exam irrespective of marks scored in Graduation.

If you are from OBC(Non creamy layer)/SC/ST then you are eligible for CAT,MAT,BHU etc. as you have over 45% marks in Graduation.
But if you are from General category,then only MAT is for you.
14th April 2015, 06:04 PM
Microsoft_Bangalore

Exclamation Re: Am I eligible for CAT entrance exam with 49.5%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

Please give me answers.
Dear, you must have the minimum of 50% marks for filling all the competitive level examination form. This is the common rules and norms of all the Top universities as well as college. Even IIT and NIT also prefer the same. So, with 49.5% of marks it will be little difficult for you get the admission.
15th April 2015, 10:32 PM
Chandrprakash34
Senior Member+

If you belong to SC or ST category,You are eligible to appear CAT Entrance Exam.The Minimum Percentage for SC and ST Students is 45% Marks in Graduation.But if you are belonging to OBC or General Category,You are not eligible to appear in the CAT Exam.You can get admission in IIM's through CAT Exam.CAT is an abbreviated form of Common Aptitude Test.It is taken for the students who want to do study from the IIT's,NIT's or IIM's and want to complete MBA.

The Syllabus of CAT is:-
Data Interpretation
Logical Reasoning
Verbal Ability
Quantitative Aptitude
16th April 2015, 12:37 AM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

You are applicable for CAT if you belong to reserved category.

CAT is considered as the most efficient of the competitive exams to judge the potential of the examinees who want to make a career in business administration.

Test Duration and Pattern:

The test is of 2hours and 30 minutes duration including a 15 minute tutorial. No breaks are given during the test. It consists of questions set to evaluate the quantitative, logical & data interpretative and verbal skills of the candidate. So the test essentially has three sections. There will be about 70 questions in the test.
1st September 2015, 01:25 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have completed my graduation in b.com in 2013 from school of open learning(correspondence) n my aggregate is 49.5% n i want to give only CAT because through MAT their are not good colleges. and i belong to general category,. plese help me sir
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?