10th January 2015, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

Can we appear WBJEE exam when completed 12th from any ISC school?

Presently I am residing in MUMBAI & my son is studying in class 9 in an ICSE school. After his class 10 final exam we are planning to shift my hometown KOLKATA. If he will pass class 12 from any ISC school (like HERITAGE) can he appear for WBJEE?

Kindly let me know whether WBJEE and ISC syllabus are having any similarity.

Will it be helpful for him if he will continue studying in ISC pattern?

11th January 2015, 12:44 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can we appear WBJEE exam when completed 12th from any ISC school?

Yes, your son is eligible to attend WBJEE exam after the completion of his 12th standard(with Mathematics and Physics subjects). Because, any Indian National, who has completed his 12th standard from any board, is eligible to appear for WBJEE exam.
WBJEE exam syllabus, is similar to 12th standard exam syllabus. So, any candidate who are good at the concepts of his 12th standard can easily clear his exam, irrespective of their education board.

Eligibility:-
1. Candidates must have passed 12th standard or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
2. Candidates must have studied Mathematics and Physics subjects in his/her 12th standard.
3. Candidates must have secured at least 30% marks in English.
4. Candidates must be at least 17 years of age as on December 31, 2015.
5. Candidate must be a citizen of India.
25th June 2015, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

Our permanent address at Khanakul (WB). My daughter is studying at Jharkhand in CBSE Board class XII. so, how she can eligible to appear WBJEE-16.
26th June 2015, 07:58 PM
krroshan.amar

For appearing in any Engineering Entrance Exam the candidate need to have valid certificate which shows he has appeared or passed the Intermediate exam from recognized Board conducting examination like CBSE, ICSE or any state level boards.

Even every state level follows the same pattern for appearing in Engineering Entrance Exam. Since ICSE (Isc) is a recognized board for conducting examination therefore he can easily appear in WBJEE
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?