24th October 2010, 12:36 PM
oindrila chakraborty

How to prepare for medical entrance exams(WBJEE) and score above 88%?

i am a isc student studying in std. 12science. i want to choose medical field as my career. however, the isc and joint entrance pattern are totally different. please help me or guide me how to prepare myself for the medical entrance examinations. i am very much interested in WBJEE (medical). my isc board exams is almost knocking at the door. i have to do very well there too(atleast i have to score above 88% above). please help me please. its a matter of my career, my life.

13th May 2011, 12:07 PM
rajpootravikant

Default Re: How to prepare for medical entrance exams(WBJEE) and score above 88%?

I am happy to let you know about this query of yours. Medical exam preparation and boards preparation are not same but also not differing widely. Subjective exam in which you have to write well is an exam that needs good writing skills and on the other hand medical needs a thorugh preparation and a sharp memory. For carrying out both preparations at the same time, you need to do the following things:-
1) Take the syllabus of both and check out which topics are coinciding in every unit and which are not.
2)The topics common in both should be dealt with strong preparation - learning as well as writing
3)then select the topics only covererd in medical exam and have thorough reading and memory sessions.
4)Topics covered in boards should only be prepared accordingly to syllabus and no extra knowledge is required.
5)manage your time in such a way that medical exam preparation time is 2/3 of boards preparation time.
6)You should work hard so that you can finish the medical exam preparation before the commencement of first entrance exam.
7)you should keep revising your whole study notes in chunks, so that you will always remember what you have learn.
8)You should work very hard according to a self made timetable because you have set your goal at a great heights.
13th May 2011, 04:12 PM
Abhi..nav

Arrow Re: How to prepare for medical entrance exams(WBJEE) and score above 88%?

For medical entrance through WBJEE you have to do lot of practice.
because you will not get very tough peroblems but you have to solve them with accuracy in limtted time.
so you should have lot of practice to write test ,which conducted by several coaching institue .
you should get deep knwledge in Chemistry& biology with NCERT text book.
23rd May 2011, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to prepare for medical entrance exams(WBJEE) and score above 88%?

hello sir, my wbjee score is 133.34, and i belong to sc category.... do i have any chances of getting in govt medical college in kolkatta....please do reply
6th June 2011, 09:14 AM
Unregistered

what course should i take in 11th standard if i want to chose medical field
7th June 2011, 06:38 PM
pongapandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by oindrila chakraborty View Post
i am a isc student studying in std. 12science. i want to choose medical field as my career. however, the isc and joint entrance pattern are totally different. please help me or guide me how to prepare myself for the medical entrance examinations. i am very much interested in WBJEE (medical). my isc board exams is almost knocking at the door. i have to do very well there too(atleast i have to score above 88% above). please help me please. its a matter of my career, my life.
First of all don't panic as "start of confusion is death of talent".
Be smart,the exam should not be the end of your life.As you said that ISC and WBJEE syllabus are totally different.I don't agree with you.Infact ISC student are more priviledged towards Wbjee as the chapters in ISC are more elaborative.
If you follow ISC syllabus closely you will not face any problem in WBJEE.
All the best..!!
8th June 2011, 05:43 AM
pongapandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what course should i take in 11th standard if i want to chose medical field
Well as you know one have to choose science stream in order to pursue medical.Also the science must have the subjects of PHYSICS,CHEMISTRY,and BIOLOGY.
Also you must score above 60% aggregate in order to qualify the required posed by the medical colleges.
12th June 2011, 01:37 AM
Unregistered

i am an preparing for my advance level and at thesame time preparing to write my medical exams immediatly i have the advance level degree.this is my plan and my poor parents don't know,and i don't want them to know because they will only kill my spirit and beg to come and join them in doing farm work as they know that it is the only proffession that is within my reach. all my life i dreamt of becoming a medical doctor and i believe i can make it.please all i need is derection to an institution that i can
be studing and at the same time doing a part time job so that i can pay
7th July 2011, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

i want to take admission in Calcutta Medical Hospital then what should my rank
20th August 2011, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
i want to take admission in calcutta medical hospital then what should my rank
1-100
22nd September 2011, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

sir,
I'am Anand Singh. I was also passed Higher Secondary(science) exam at 2010 (55% marks) & also appeared WBJEE (medical stream) two times 2010 & 2011. So, I've a question that how many times I will appearing WBJEE Medical exam as on General candidate? please reply to me kindly.
26th September 2011, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

i am studying engeenering first year...but want to appear medical once again in 2012....can u please tell me how to divide time in studies so that i can do wel in engg. and also prepare for medical exam...will there be wbjee medical in 2012?????please do help
26th September 2011, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

will wbjee medical exam 2012 be held or there will be only common entrance test???please help
12th October 2011, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

what should be my rank in wbjee engineering test to get admission to jadavpur university with mechanical engineering?
21st November 2011, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

I AM SHERIN EDISON STUDYING 2 I WANTED TO BECOME A DOCTOR I REALLY INTRESTED THE FIELD
29th April 2012, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

does isc syllabus and wbjee sylaabus are different if i prepare for wbjee can it covers isc syllabus plz suggest
5th May 2012, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

I AM IN 11Std HAVING NCERT COURSE SO TO PREPARE FOR MEDICAL ENTRANCE EXAMS WHICH BOOKS I HAVE TO REFER AND HOW TO DO STUDY?
31st October 2012, 06:13 PM
manas.1989

For medical entrance through WBJEE you have to do lot of practice.
because you will not get very tough peroblems but you have to solve them with accuracy in limtted time.
so you should have lot of practice to write test ,which conducted by several coaching institue .
you should get deep knwledge in Chemistry& biology with NCERT text book.
4th November 2012, 11:29 PM
Realstarsajjad

Thumbs up Re: How to prepare for medical entrance exams(WBJEE) and score above 88%?

There is a information that, from this year WBJEE medical entrance exam will organised by NEET.
At first I advise you that read your yet book carefully and detailed. You can use NCERT text book for better informational and more help.
Pathfinder, Akash, FIITJEE are the wellknown coaching center for entrance exam. You can take the mock test series for practice better.
At last, believe on your self.
Best of luck.
5th October 2013, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

with what mark one candidate can get admission in govt medical cooleges in west bengal
23rd May 2014, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

I m in class 11 th n I have scored 80 % in 10 th class what percentage should I require in class 12 th,to get an admission in a good college
18th August 2014, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

Is NCERT biology enough for preparing for competetive exams as well as ISC Boards? Or should I study from both, Nootan and NCERT? Because the chapters of Nootan Biology are lengthy as compared to those of NCERT...
20th September 2014, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

i cant afford any private coaching please guide me how can i prepare medical entrance exam.i want top rank in aipmt.how many marks i get admission in RIMS.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?