23rd April 2015, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in NIPER PhD entrance exam without NET and GATE scorecards?

Sir,
I don't have GATE or NET scorecard.
Am I eligible for PhD entrance exam of NIPER?
Kindly tell me about this asap.
Thank you in advance.

26th April 2015, 05:21 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in NIPER PhD entrance exam without NET and GATE scorecards?

As per the notification of NIPER JEE only candidates with a NET/GATE/JRF qualification are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. Hence, if you have Master's degree with at least 55% marks in the given discipline then you should try to clear any one of these exam to become eligible for NIPER JEE for Ph.D admission.

http://www.niper.ac.in/admissions.html
26th April 2015, 09:56 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in NIPER PhD entrance exam without NET and GATE scorecards?

You have not mentioned what courses you have passed and what you are doing currently so it is hard to say.
To do PhD from NIPER the best option for you is to crack the NET Examination.
Once you do that you will be eligible for a Scholarship as well so it is best for you to prepare for the NET Examination as it will be very beneficial for you.
Also make sure you are having in-depth Knowledge in your Domain Subjects and you will be able to do your PhD from NIPER.
It is best that you have either the GATE or the NET Scorecard as in the Personal Interview you will require any one of the Scorecard results to be ensured of your chance.
27th April 2015, 01:09 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

You need to have a valid GPAT or NET or GATE score to be eligible for NIPER PhD entrance exams. If you do not have a valid GPAT or NET or GATE score, you are eligible if :-

- You are a foreign citizen or,
- You are holding M.D or M.V.Sc degree or,
- You are sponsored by Government Departments or Research Organizations or PSUs.

The notification of NIPER PhD Entrance exams has been attached for your kind reference.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NIPER_JEE_2015_PhD_Brochure.pdf(14.41 MB, 24 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?