16th July 2015, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

Can i get lateral entry in B.Tech (Automobile) with 88% mark in Diploma?

I have scored 88% in Diploma Automobile. Can i get lateral entry admission in B.Tech (Automobile Engineering)?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for Lateral entry in B.Tech from other state?
  2. Can I take admission in B.Tech Mechanical after diploma in Automobile through lateral entry?
  3. Eligibility criteria for lateral entry in B.E(Mechanical Engineering)? What is the cutoff mark for lateral entry in B.E? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How to join B.Tech course through Lateral Entry after completion of Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering?
  5. Can I get lateral entry to correspondence diploma course after passing 10th and Kerala Government Certified Course in Automobile Engineering? Is it approved by the state and central PSC? Are there any colleges in Kerala?
  6. Can I take admission in B.Tech 2nd year through lateral entry?
  7. How to get lateral Entry in B.E courses who have passed diploma from outside Karnataka?
  8. After ITI which course is best for me in Software?
  9. How to get admission in B.Tech in Noida Delhi after completing diploma in ECE through lateral entry
  10. Which are the lateral entry colleges for diploma automobile engineering students?
  11. Guidance regarding the procedure of Lateral Entry in B.Tech Biotech or Chemical after completion of Diploma?
  12. How to join a college as a lateral entry candidate?
  13. Cut off marks for B.E. lateral entry after Diploma?
  14. How much % required in Diploma course to get into lateral entry?
  15. After completing diploma from Bangalore will I be allowed for lateral entry exam?
  16. What is the mark percentage asked for getting lateral admission for B.Tech after Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  17. Is it possible for me to get lateral entry in IIT after completion of diploma course in information technology?
  18. Lateral entry in engineering at Kerala? Is Diploma Lateral entry recognized by PSC?
16th July 2015, 10:46 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i get lateral entry in B.Tech (Automobile) with 88% mark in Diploma?

Yes, you an get lateral entry admission in B.Tech (Automobile Engineering) after completion of your Diploma in Automobile Engineering course with an aggregate of 88% marks from a recognised board. To get Lateral Entry admission in B.Tech course after completion of your three years Diploma course, you need to appear in Lateral Entry examinations like LEET/ECET/JELET examinations which is conducted by your respective state technical education board. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get direct admission in second year of four years B.Tech course.
17th July 2015, 12:06 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i get lateral entry in B.Tech (Automobile) with 88% mark in Diploma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have scored 88% in Diploma Automobile. Can i get lateral entry admission in B.Tech (Automobile Engineering)?
You have completed diploma in Automobile Engineering so you are eligible for Lateral entry exam.

The eligibility qualification for the lateral entry exam:-

(i)Passed diploma course in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy with above 60% marks.

(ii)Passed Degree in Science (B.Sc.) with Mathematics as a subject with above 60% marks.
17th July 2015, 12:06 AM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Yes why not. You are eligible to get admission in engineering course i.e. BE/B.Tech. Admission in any engineering college for diploma holders is done on the basis of rank scored by candidate in LEET.

LEET stands for Lateral Entry Engineering Test. It is a entrance exam which is conducted for diploma holder candidates to complete their graduation in engineering field. Using this entry scheme you will get admission in 2nd year of b.tech course directly. After diploma b.tech course is only for 3 years.

You are only allowed to do b.tech course in trade which you have in diploma. Thus you are only allowed to do b.tech in automobile trade.

Admission in good college is directly proportional to rank scored by you in LEET. As if you score good marks, no doubt you will get good college unless not. Once you clarify entrance test then you need to compete in counseling to get a seat in your desirable college. Once a seat is allotted to you in counseling then you just visit to college campus and claim your admission.

LEET is conducted in two parts i.e. General Exam & Professional Exam.

In General Exam:-
Questions is asked from your general subjects like Science, Mathematics, English & Social Studies.

In Professional Exam:-
Questions is asked from subjects which you read in your diploma course.
17th July 2015, 06:33 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you are eligible for getting admission in the Bachelor degree through lateral entry.

For that you must have to appear in the "LEET" Entrance exam.

The reputation of college will depends on your LEET score.

So my suggestion to you is that you should work hard and try to score as much as you can in your LEET entrance exam.

For your kind information i want to tell you that after diploma your course duration for the bachelor degree will be only "three years"

Here i am giving you some best college for you :

** Jadavpur University
Plot No.8, Salt Lake Bypass, LB Block, Sector III, Salt Lake City, Kolkata, West Bengal 700098 ‎
033 2335 5215

** University Of Calcutta
87 /1, College St, Kolkata, West Bengal 700073 ‎
033 2241 0071

** Bengal Engineering and Science University
Shibpur, Howrah, West Bengal 711103 ‎
033 2668 4561

Some of best career options after your bachelor degree are :

** Automobile manufacturing Industry

** Defence Services & Defence Establishments

** Teaching Faculty jobs in various engineering universities and colleges

** One may set up one’s own automobile garage or maintenance workshop

** Maintenance and Service Stations

** Private Transport Companies
17th July 2015, 12:22 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can definitely get admission in B.Tech(Automobile) with having scored 88% marks in your Diploma, however, for that you will; have to appear for LEET examination which is the entrance examination to get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech course after completion of Diploma. So, after having scored well in your LEET exam, according to your score, you will be allotted seats in various colleges.
17th July 2015, 04:44 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get lateral entry in B.Tech ( Automobile ) with 88% marks in Diploma. Most of the colleges gives lateral entry to the students on the basis of their score in diploma course.
You have secured very good marks in diploma course and you will easily get admission through lateral entry. Just visit the admission cell of college and ask for admission form for lateral entry. Fill up the form and submit along with the required documents.
17th July 2015, 05:59 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

Yes, you can get in to the B.Tech as a lateral entry scheme after completing your diploma. Diploma holders are eligible to get admission in the B.Tech directly in the second year. For these you need to write the entrance exam conducted by the state government of particular state. If you get qualified in the entrance exam you can directly join in the B.Tech Second year.
17th July 2015, 06:13 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, after the completion of Diploma in Automobile course, you can apply for lateral entry admission in B.Tech(Automobile Engineering) course. To get admission in second year of Auto-mobile Engineering course, you have to appear for the lateral entry exam, which is conducted in your state. If you qualify in such lateral entry exam, then you can get admission in second year of B.Tech(Automobile Engineering) course.
17th July 2015, 06:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can get without any doubt but you have to qualify the entrance exam with excellent rank for getting your choice of college through counselling.

Therefore, be prepared for the entrance exam and if you can manage a decent rank then admission is always a possibility.
17th July 2015, 10:02 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Of course yes. You can get lateral entry admission into B.Tech in Automobile Engineering course after successful completion of Diploma in Automobile Engineering. The minimum educational qualification required to do B.Tech in Automobile Engineering is "12th Class" from a recognized university. But to get lateral entry admission into B.Tech in Automobile Engineering course, the minimum educational qualification required is "Diploma in Automobile Engineering" from a recognized university. You are required to write Entrance Examination for getting admission into B.Tech in Automobile Engineering course. Some of the colleges namely Lovely Professional University, Christ University, Manipal Universities conduct their own B.Tech lateral Entrance Examinations. Since you have secured 88% marks in Diploma in Automobile Engineering, you are required to write an Entrance Examination to get admission into B.Tech in Automobile Engineering course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?