15th August 2015, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to get promotion granted in 12th standard if failed in 11th CBSE?

Hello Sir,
Can I get admission in CBSE class 12th after failing in 11th class? I have already registered with CBSE Board but unfortunately I got failed but I don't want to miss my year. So, please tell me is it possible?

16th August 2015, 04:41 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get promotion granted in 12th standard if failed in 11th CBSE?

No, you cannot get promotion to study 12th standard in CBSR Board without qualifying 11th standard. Only candidates who have completed or qualified 11th standard are eligible to get promoted to pursue 12th standard. Since, you have not qualified 11th standard, you are not eligible to promoted to 12th standard in CBSE Board. So, you need to appear in 11th standard Supplementary examinations to get qualified in 11th standard, so, that you can get promoted to 12th standard.
16th August 2015, 06:27 PM
ganiebizer
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it possible to get promotion granted in 12th standard if failed in 11th CBSE?

No problem ,
If you failed in 1st attempt , then you have to appear during improvement session . And even if there also you got failed means you have to appear in during your 12th exams only , but you can study 12th but the problem they will not issue hall ticket ( rare ).
If you to prepare for both 11th and 12th at that time . have to face some difficulties .
16th August 2015, 07:20 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have failed in class 11th then you won't get promotion to class 12th. You have to study again in the same class if you want to appear for CBSE class XII exams.

There is a provision for compartment exams if toy have failed in few subjects. If there is compartment then try to clear it.
17th August 2015, 04:56 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

CBSE stands for Central Board of Secondary Education.
According to CBSE norms, if a student fails in the final examination of any standard then the student will not be promoted to higher class .
The student either have to secure pass marks in compartmental examination or study whole year again in the same standard .

So, you will not be promoted to 12th standard as you have failed in the 11th standard.
The only way through which you can save the precious year is by securing pass marks in compartmental examination unless you have to study 11th again and no option available to save the year.
You can try once through NIOS by contacting in the near by NIOS office which may help you .
24th September 2015, 05:04 PM
gokul ka raja

There are different rules of different board .But if you are not clearing your 11th standard then you are not elligible for 12th exams.
But there is a option if your school granted that you give the exams of 11th and 12th with the same year. But this is very hard because you can not do your board exams not perfect ly.
You can consult your principal then may be some convlusion came out.
10th December 2015, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission during 11th class in another school I want to change my school can i
4th April 2017, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

How to possible. I am failing in 11th class but i study in 12th class for regular in my old school please give me an answer.
3rd March 2020, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

If failed in one subject of icse 11th exam, is it possible to get promotion to 12th?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?