31st August 2015, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to get the job in Infosys or TCS after completion of B.Tech Mechanical Engineering?

I want to get job in infosys or tcs after completing my b.tech (mechanical engineering). Is it possible or not? if it is posiible what kind of courses i have to complete? and what kind of jobs is there in software field for the mechanical engineers....

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible for me to get the job in Infosys or TCS after completion of B.Tech Mechanical Engineering? -- [New]
  2. Job in Infosys and TCS for B.Tech(Civil Engineering) fresher?
  3. Job in TCS, Wipro, Infosys while in final year B.Tech IT stream?
  4. Is it beneficial to join Infosys if selected, being an employee of TCS?
  5. Can I get a job in TCS, WIPRO, Infosys after scoring 81% in 10th, 59.2% in 12th and 75% till 4th semester in B.Tech?
  6. Can I get a job in Infosys, WIPRO, TCS after passing 10th and 12th with 63% and 59% respectively? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Can I get job in TCS, Capgemini or Infosys with mentioned percentage in overall academics?
  8. What kind of Technical questions are asked in TCS on-campus drive to B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) student?
  9. Am I eligible for campus placement in TCS, Infosys, WIPRO?
  10. Am i eligible for Infosys and TCS with one year gap between Diploma and Degree?
  11. Job in Infosys, Satyam, Wipro, TCS after scoring 70.7% in SSC, 63.7% in 12th, 59.8% in BSc and 75% in MCA?
  12. Am I eligible for a job in L&T, TCS, WIPRO, Infosys?
  13. Eligibility to get job in Infosys, Amdocs and TCS with the mentioned percentage in overall academics?
  14. After completing MCA how to join the CA course?
  15. What to learn other than basics of C after getting placed in TCS?
  16. Is NDA entrance exam hard to crack? What is the procedure to crack the exam?
  17. Job in TCS, Wipro, Accenture and Infosys for a candidate who has secured 60% in 10th, 62% in 12th and pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech(CSE)?
  18. Can I get a job in Infosys, TCS, Wipro or any other IT company?
31st August 2015, 08:42 PM
candycrush

Default Re: Is it possible for me to get the job in Infosys or TCS after completion of B.Tech Mechanical Engineering?

It easy to get into TCS abs Infosys through the college placement but off campus it shall be very difficult to get into these jobs.

However this not totally impossible.

These companies does not conduct direct recruits

You have to apply through different job portals.

Primarily they pickup candidates already working in the small caimoanies and are excellent at their work.

Follow these steps.

Register on the various job portals. Some of them are.

Shine.com

Fresherworld. Com

Monster.com

Naukri.com

Upload your resume there and update your profile .

Your shall get job suggestions based on your profile .

Apply for the jobs these. And a interview shall be arranged for you.

Remember to work and become experts in your field in these companies.

As the companies like TCS always pick ups cream candidates from these institutes
31st August 2015, 10:23 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to get the job in Infosys or TCS after completion of B.Tech Mechanical Engineering?

Yes, it is possible to get a job in Infosys or TCS after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering. There is no need to pursue any other course since these companies recruit mechanical engineering graduates. You can get a job role of Associate Software Engineer or Software Engineer depending on your caliber and the institute from which you pursued the course. You should know basic programming, hence it is beneficial to pursue training or short term courses in programming languages like Java, C++, Python, DBMS, etc.
1st September 2015, 12:53 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to get job in infosys or tcs after completing my b.tech (mechanical engineering). Is it possible or not? if it is posiible what kind of courses i have to complete? and what kind of jobs is there in software field for the mechanical engineers....
For a job in TCS B.E Mechanical engineering candidate may apply. There is no restriction in TCS for mechanical engineering students to apply. So you can apply for a job in TCS through their website.

Eligibility Criteria:

- You need to score more than 65 years of marks in both the Graduation and 12th standard as well.
- You should not have any pending backlog.
- You should not having more than two years gap in throughout the studies.

Official website - www.tcs.com/
1st September 2015, 01:11 AM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Yes, definitely it is possible that mechanical engineering students can get a job in TCS, INFOSYS or any IT company..

**If the student have a interest in computer sector and also know some programming language such as:
--C
--C++
--Java
Then he/she can sit in the recruitment process of TCS or INFOSYS.. But the thing is that the mechanical engineering students also have to work on the computer or programming part.. i.e there isn't any core mechanical job in these companies..
1st September 2015, 01:28 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible for TCS and Infosys recruitment.

TCS and Infosys are reputed multinational company.

Required percentage of marks throughout the studies for TCS and Infosys are,

TCS = 60%

Infosys=65%

You should not have any pending backlog.

More than two years gap throughout the studies are not eligible for TCS and Infosys recruitment.
1st September 2015, 07:24 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes dear definitely it is possible to get job in TCS, Infosys and many other MNC's with your educational qualification. And one most important thing is you just need to complete graduation with minimum 65% of marks from the recognized University.

But it is possible in most of the cases when a candidate complete programming language in their entire graduation course.

More over the courses which helpful to get a job in " MNC's " are

<> C,C++

<> JAVA

<> ORACLE

<> DATA STRUCTURES

<>UNIX AND LINUX.
2nd September 2015, 11:23 AM
haripriya1993
Member+

Hi,

The IT companies are ready to take mechanical students also. But the fact is that it will be easy for you to enter TCS or INFOSYS through on campus itself. If it is off campus the competition is really huge. If you miss the off campus opportunity also then it is very difficult to enter IT sector with mechanical qualification.
So try to enter through on campus or off campus interviews itself.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?