17th September 2015, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

Can I study PhD at the age of 27 years old being a M.Tech(Food Technology & Biochemical Engineering) student?

Hello,
I am 25 years old now. I have done B.Sc in Chemistry. Then I have done 3 years B.Tech in Food Technology & Biochemical Engineering from Jadavpur University. I have qualified in GATE and got admission in IIT Kharagpur for M.Tech in Food Technology & Biochemical Engineering in this year. After completion of this course my age will be 27 years. So then will I be eligible for starting PhD course at that age? Please inform me as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Biotechnology having done B.Tech in Biotechnology & Biochemical Engineering and M.Tech in Technology Management? Am I eligible for CSIR NET Exam?
  2. Which is better to study among Pharmaceutical Biotechnology and Immunology in PhD?
  3. Which is better to study among Pharmaceutical Biotechnology and Immunology in Ph.D?
  4. Is there any scope of getting a job in software industry for a Food Tech and Biochemical Engineering student?
  5. Career after BSc(h) biochemistry and Biochemical technology
  6. What are the courses available in B.Tech?
  7. Names of schalarshipss for a second year food tech student?
  8. Is it difficult to get stipend to study PhD if completed M.Tech at the age of 29 years old?
  9. Eligibility for JRF? Can I pursue my Ph.D and JRF simultaneously?
  10. Minimum marks required in M.Phil to study PhD in History? Total fee and age limit to do PhD?
  11. How can I study PhD in Technology if completed MCA and having 5 years of experience in IT Industry?
  12. For which topic among Data Mining & Ware-housing, software engineering, C, C++ and Information Technology I can apply for Ph.D in Computer Application?
  13. Is it worthy to study Part Time PhD in Information Technology at University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun?
  14. How can I get admission to study PhD in English if secured 50% in M.A.(English) being a 52 years old candidate?
  15. What are career options after BSc. BIOTECHNOLGY? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Possibility to study PhD in Computer Science/Information Technology for MS(Software Design) postgraduate?
  17. Which colleges can I get admission in Delhi or Noida having done MCA from UPTU and secured 74%?
  18. Am I eligible to study PhD in Technology after completing M.Tech in Computer Engineering?
27th May 2016, 11:53 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study PhD at the age of 27 years old being a M.Tech(Food Technology & Biochemical Engineering) student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am 25 years old now. I have done B.Sc in Chemistry. Then I have done 3 years B.Tech in Food Technology & Biochemical Engineering from Jadavpur University. I have qualified in GATE and got admission in IIT Kharagpur for M.Tech in Food Technology & Biochemical Engineering in this year. After completion of this course my age will be 27 years. So then will I be eligible for starting PhD course at that age? Please inform me as soon as possible.
Yes, you can do PhD at the age of 27 years with M.Tech Food Technology & Biochemical Engineering qualifications. There is no age restriction to do PhD programme. You can do the PhD in Full Time or Part Time in India. You can do PhD in Food Technology with the qualification you hold. The eligibility is M.Tech in Food Science/Food Technology with at least 60% marks. The aspirant has to appear for an entrance examination and interview for the admission. If you already cleared NET/GATE examinations then you will be exempted from the entrance examination. You can do PhD in NIFTEM, the website link is Click Here.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?