21st October 2015, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply to study BDS being an NIOS candidate?

Sir,
If I passed my class 12th from NIOS Board then can i apply for BDS course in any Dental college? Please tell me about this asap.

23rd October 2015, 09:12 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply to study BDS being an NIOS candidate?

Yes , definitely you can join BDS Course with NIOS certificate. It is a recognized board and has same value as of other boards.
There are few colleges which don't allow the don't admission of candidates with NIOS certificate.
Hence, you have to get the information about the college in which you are getting admission.
23rd October 2015, 07:20 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
If I passed my class 12th from NIOS Board then can i apply for BDS course in any Dental college? Please tell me about this asap.
Yes, NIOS student are eligible for BDS course.

Candidates who have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks are eligible for BDS entrance exam but your 12th standard subject are Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. For SC/ST candidate this percentage is reduced to 40%.

Your age should be in between 17 to 26 years.
23rd October 2015, 08:49 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, NIOS is accepters by most of the entrance exams including major medical and dental entrance exams like NEET. Just make sure that you have got at least 50% marks in physics, chemistry and biology subjects .

NEET is the best option for you to get admission in BDS course and it is conducted along with the other medical courses.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?