27th June 2015, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to become a Lecturer after completing B.A.(Political Science)?

Hi,
I want to know after passing B.A.(Political Science)
am I eligible for being a Lecturer for Political Science?
Please reply as soon as possible.
Thank you!

Related Questions:
29th June 2015, 05:52 PM
pjgp

Default Re: Am I eligible to become a Lecturer after completing B.A.(Political Science)?

No,you are not eligible to become a lecture.the minimum qualification required to become lecturer is post graduation in M.ed course.
After M.ed you have give entrance exam called NET.
If you qualify in that exam you can become a government lecturer.
29th June 2015, 06:01 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become a Lecturer after completing B.A.(Political Science)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
Thank you!
You have completed B.A in Political Science exam so you are not eligible for lectureship post. UGC NET exam is conducted for lectureship post.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted by UGC.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
29th June 2015, 06:56 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

To become Lecturer, you have to complete your master degree and qualify UGC-NET for Assistant Professor.

There are various college provide Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Master degree in Political Science, choose wisely to take admission in any of best college.

After Pursuing Post Graduation in Political Science, then give the examination of UGC NET exam with the subject for Assistant Professor.
29th June 2015, 08:01 PM
mwh

To become lecturer M.ed degree is compulsory.this degree includes various teaching methods and training. Those who have pursued bachelors degree in any discipline can join b.ed course.b.ed is 1year program.through DIET exam you can study M.ed.
After M.ed you can apply for NET exam.if you crack the exam then you can become lecturer.
30th June 2015, 01:42 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

You must complete your Masters Degree and then you must clear the UGC-NET Examination to be eligible to become a Lecturer.
So at first you must complete your Master Degree and then only can you become a Lecturer.
If you want to become the Lecturer of a Government College then you must crack the NET Examination.
If you want to become the Lecturer of a Private College then you must provide your CV to the College who then decides according to their discretion.
30th June 2015, 02:16 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

In order to become a professor you will have to complete your masters degree first and then will probably have to qualify UGC-NET for Assistant Professor post. Or you can also opt for Ph.D course if you wish to.
30th June 2015, 03:21 PM
suresh_batra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
Thank you!
Pursue your masters degree also from some reputed university such as:
Loyola College, Lovely Professional University, St. Xavier's College, Hindu College, Christ University ..........
And after that qualify in UGC-NET exam.
20th May 2016, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

I have 8 years working experience in IT filed (as a System admin -customer support). I have done Diploma in computer science (regular) after my 1st PUC. And I have completed BA (Political Science) from KSOU Mysore (distance).
Now I am planning to do MBA through Annamali University (Distance). Can I take this course and then can I take SET/NET to become a lecturer? Please update me ASAP.
22nd October 2016, 12:43 AM
Unregistered

I am doing my MA in political science... And also preparing my ugc... If I crack my ugc... Is it possible to continue my PhD along with lecturer in the college
4th March 2017, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

I have passed b.a with only 42% without ownards but i have done m.a in pol.sci under distance education with 51% can i become a lecturer?
7th November 2017, 10:28 AM
Unregistered

I have post graduate degree in political science with 50% marks. Can I be a lecturer of political science.
9th November 2017, 06:10 PM
Onlyforme

No, you are not eligible to be a lecturer in any college or institution on the basis of your bachelor degree. You will have to complete M.ed after completing your bachelor degree. After getting this degree you will have to clear NET exam and then after you will get a job of lecturer.
5th October 2018, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

Can I become a lecturer in government college and University..I have done my graduation in life science and want to do my masters in poletical science after completing national eligibility test can I become a leturer or not plz suggest me ..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?