22nd January 2016, 07:41 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to directly make career in Journalism after passing 12th?

I am kannupriya and i am still studying in class 12th pcb. I want to make a career in Journalism directly after passing my 12th. So i want to confirm if it is possible or not?

22nd January 2016, 10:56 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to directly make career in Journalism after passing 12th?

To become journalist after 12th you have to pursue professional course in journalism from a recognised University such as Jamia Millia Islamia in New Delhi which is one of the best institutes for such type of courses.
You have to appear in the entrance exam held in the month of May and July and after that you have to appear in personal interview to pursue search courses in top colleges.

Very important to become journalist is that you should have good communication skills and capable of expressing your thoughts in front of others with full confidence.
22nd January 2016, 12:18 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to directly make career in Journalism after passing 12th?

Yes,you can make career in mass communication and journalism after completing 12 from any stream with at least 50% marks from recognised board.
You can pursue bachelor's degree in journalism bachelor degree in Mass Communication, bachelor degree in photo journalism, bachelor degree in public relationships, bachelor degree in media and journalism.
To pursue this course from top universities of our country you need to appear in the entrance exam conducted by the universities such as Symbiosis Institute of mass communication,Xavier Institute of Communication, Indian Institute of mass media etc.
22nd January 2016, 12:45 PM
kantraman

Default Re: is it possible to directly make career in Journalism after passing 12th?

The minimum qualification for journalism is +2 .On the basis of +2 one can also get one year certificate in journalism.But for Bechelor degree after +2 three years will have to devote.So no doubt it is possible after +2.
22nd January 2016, 03:36 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

To pursue your career in the field of journalism, the minimum requirement is that the candidate must have passed the graduation course in the field of journalism. You cannot make your career in journalism course on the basis of class 12 academic qualification.

So, after completion of class 12, opt for any of the bachelors degree in the field of journalism course.
22nd January 2016, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: is it possible to directly make career in Journalism after passing 12th?

Sir/Madam, I have completed 12th science with 66.6%. I eligible to apply jobs in banking sector?
22nd January 2016, 11:05 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am kannupriya and i am still studying in class 12th pcb. I want to make a career in Journalism directly after passing my 12th. So i want to confirm if it is possible or not?
Sorry, it is not possible after 12th; the aspirant has to study B.A Journalism and Mass Communication to become a Journalist. The eligibility to study the course is passing in 10+2. The duration of the course is 3 years. After the course the aspirant can try for a job in print media or electronic media. The aspirant should have very good proficiency in a language and the ability to communicate freely. The course is available in many institutions like,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?