11th October 2015, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

Need information about career options in Journalism after 12th?

I am a student of class 12th PCM. I have a passion for writing and so i decided upon journalism as the best career for me. So i need complete information about career options in Journalism field. Please help.

12th October 2015, 11:46 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Need information about career options in Journalism after 12th?

First of all you have to pursue bachelor degree in Journalism.
Candidate must have secured more than 55% marks in 12th class in order to get admission in bachelor degree course in journalism.

Candidate can opt for following courses :
B.Sc in Sports Journalism
B.A in Professional Journalism
B.A in Investigative Journalism
B.Sc in Trade Journalism
B.Sc in Fashion Journalism

List of career profiles you can opt after graduation :

News Journalist
TV Correspondent
Producer
Sound Mixer and Sound Recordist
Sports Journalist
Fashion Journalist
Special Correspondent
12th October 2015, 07:32 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Journalism as a career is very flourishing if you go to states like Mumbai or Chennai or Hyderabad etc. If you can manage to write in international column then, you can make a great career of journalism in abroad. But let me tell you only writing skills will not help in journalism. You need to have specificity in writing. Journalists are not story tellers. They throw light upon facts and sometimes mark their overall opinion on the entire incident. So you need precision while you write. Sometimes journalists not only write columns in blogs or newspapers, but they also do field reporting. So that is completely different from report writing. You need training on this. I suggest you get admitted in mass communication and journalism honors course right after you pass 12th standard. There you will learn every aspect of journalism.
After graduation, you can join as an intern in any big publishing houses. At the very beginning you need to learn the job first. You need to gather practical experience of what you have learnt altogether. After that you can join as the main correspondent of some newspaper or news channel.
12th October 2015, 07:36 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

There is wide scope of journalism in India:
Here is list of some universities providing courses in Journalism and Mass communication:

University of Delhi
University of Mumbai
University of Calcutta
Pune University
Kashi Vidyapeeth
Banaras Hindu University
Rabindra Bharti University

Students who are interested can opt for these courses:

Diploma in Journalism
BA Journalism
BA mass communication and Journalism
Bachelor of Journalism
MA Journalism
Post graduation diploma in Journalisms

Students who are interested should have good personality, good communication skill, creative mind,confidence .

Students can get job as a reporter, editor moreover jobs in many news channels such as NDTV, BBC, Discovery etc.
13th October 2015, 02:17 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot appear for your +2 improvement examination now, however, you could have opted for it just after your 12th board examination and could have duly filled in the form for it.

But, now I am sorry to say that you can do nothing to appear for improvement examination.
27th July 2020, 12:59 PM
Siddharth717

You can apply for journalism courses after you have passed class 12 with a minimum of 50% marks from any stream (Science, Commerce or Arts). Some colleges require you to possess excellent communication skills, English speaking skills and writing skills. ... Some colleges also take personal interviews to shortlist students
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?