31st December 2015, 07:12 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to make career in Journalism after getting Engineering degree?

Hi, I am Sindhuja. I am madly interested in Journalism. Infact, i want to make my career in journalism. But i am stuck in Engineering. I want to know if it is possible to make career in Journalism after engineering. So please help me. I would be very thankful.

31st December 2015, 04:16 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to make career in Journalism after getting Engineering degree?

Being a engineering graduate you can apply for IIMC PG Diploma course in Journalism. IIMC conducts entrance exam every year for admission in various institutes across the country.

You must have at least 50% marks in graduation to become eligible for this entrance exam. Selection will be based on the performance in entrance exam and interview.
31st December 2015, 07:37 PM
userdefined

Default Re: Is it possible to make career in Journalism after getting Engineering degree?

Yes, It is possible to do Journalism course after your Bachelor in Engineering field. If you are interested in this field you can choose else it is not advisable.
It is not good idea since Journalism will not fetch you good revenue in the future and only if you get in top position you will be able to acquire some good money.
Language will be key factor here in journalism, only if you are well worse in English then only you can survive this field else it will be difficult.
31st December 2015, 10:36 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I am Sindhuja. I am madly interested in Journalism. Infact, i want to make my career in journalism. But i am stuck in Engineering. I want to know if it is possible to make career in Journalism after engineering. So please help me. I would be very thankful.
Yes it is possible to make career in Journalism after engineering. The candidate can study M.A in Journalism & Mass Communication. The eligibility to study the course is graduation in any stream. The admission will be done through entrance examination in many universities. The duration of the course is 2 years. It is always advisable to read the newspapers and know the current affairs. After the course you can try for a job in the print media or TV media. You must have very good proficiency in a language and the ability to communicate freely.
The M.A in Journalism & Mass Communication course is available in the following colleges,
31st December 2015, 10:49 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you can make career in Journalism after completing 12th standard. Any faculty candidates are eligible to apply. However, first preference will given to the candidates who are belong from Journalism or Mass Communication specialization. Since, Journalism is not related to Engineering. By doing Journalism after engineering may chance to change career. So, please think once again before apply for Journalism course.
1st January 2016, 05:21 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can obviously make a good career in Journalism after the completion of your Engineering course. You can get admission in Mass Communication and can continue with your studies further and with experience you can become a great journalist in future.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?