15th February 2016, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

What are the possible jobs which we can apply for after completion of mechanical engineering? What is the age limit for applying the job?

I want to get job through mechanical engineering so i want to know last age of getting job. Please reply, sir. I am waiting for your answer. I just need to know this information to proceed further on my next steps. So, kindly answer me soon.

Thanks!

15th February 2016, 10:27 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the possible jobs which we can apply for after completion of mechanical engineering? What is the age limit for applying the job?

There are different kinds of jobs which you can apply after completion of mechanical engineering. The age limit depends on the post you are applying. For most of the jobs, the age limit is 28 years and the jobs of higher designation the age limit is 30 years.

1/ You can opt for a job in the PSUs as a mechanical engineer.
2/ You can opt for a job in the private power and steel plants.
3/ You can opt for a job in Defense sector.
4/ You can opt for a job in IT sector as a software associate engineer.
5/ You can opt for a job in banking sector like clerks, PO, etc.
6/ You can opt for job in Indian Railways.
7/ You can get job in various state government and central government organizations, post offices and telegraph centers.
8/ You can get into civil services sector.
15th February 2016, 11:03 PM
january2016

Default Re: What are the possible jobs which we can apply for after completion of mechanical engineering? What is the age limit for applying the job?

There is no any kind of age barrier to get job in any of the private firm. You are eligible to get job in any of the private firm until and unless you keep on learning new technology and make a pace with the growing IT industry. So, if you have passion to go for the private job and you have the talent then you can try yourself in the private company.

This will also test your potential as well as yourself as an asset for any of the IT industry.
15th February 2016, 11:31 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Nowadays Mechanical engineering has a very good scope, so if you have good theoretical and practical knowledge in your core field then you will easily get the job. Some of the well reputed companies for your career in technical field are Tata motors, Maruti Suzuki, Ashok Layland, BHEL, SAIL, Thermal power plants etc. You can also go for Indian Engineering Services or Indian Administrative Services exams after completion of your degree.
For appearing in the civil service exam your age must not be more than 32 years. Age limit is 35 years for Reserved category candidates. Also age required for getting job in the above mentioned companies is varies as per the post.
15th February 2016, 11:52 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

After completion of Mechanical engineering you can write either GATE or IES exam if you have interest in Core Jobs.Or else you can also change the sector on your own based on ineterst.

<> BAnking

<> Staff Selection

<> Postal

<> Defense

<> Civil Services

<> Indian Railways.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?