1st March 2016, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

How to claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan of my brother taken by my father?

Hello Sir/Mam,
My father has taken an education loan from Andhra Bank for my brother's B.Tech program. Now he has completed his course and I am repaying the amount of that education loan which was taken by my father. The loan is combined of my father and brother's names. So, I want to claim tax rebate on this education loan. Kindly tell me what I have to do?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my father for my brother’s education?
  2. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my father for my brother’s education?
  3. How can I claim Tax Rebate of my sister's education loan taken by my brother?
  4. How can I claim for Tax Rebate against Education Loan taken by my Father-in-Law for my wife's education?
  5. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my Father-In-Law for my wife's education?
  6. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my Father-In-Law for my wife's education?
  7. Can I claim tax rebate if education loan was taken by my father from Union Bank?
  8. Am I eligible to get Tax Rebate against education loan for my brother's education?
  9. Between Principal and Interest amount on which I can claim Tax rebate on Education Loan?
  10. Can I claim Tax Rebate against an Education Loan being an employee of Tata Motors?
  11. Is there any way of Tax Rebate against Education Loan of Rs. 305000?
  12. Can I get Tax Rebate against Education Loan if paying interest of Rs. 12947 per month?
  13. Is it possible to present my Brother-In-Law as a Guarantor to apply for Education Loan due to my father's death?
  14. Maximum amount to be claimed for Tax Rebate against Education Loan of Rs. 400000?
  15. Need information about Tax Rebate provided against Education Loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. What does rebate means in Education Loan? Benefits in Tax?
  17. Can my brother become a guarantor against an Education Loan if my father is unemployed? -- [New]
  18. Is it possible to show Brother-in-Law's IT file as a guarantor instead of father to apply for Bank Education Loan?
28th March 2016, 07:06 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan of my brother taken by my father?

You need to give further details like what is your brother's current situation if he is working or not.
You also need to mention your father's current details like his age current employment and what he is earning.
You will also have to mention your total family income which includes you if you are not married yet.
Once you mention these details then only can you be given a detailed answer regarding the rebate that can be given to you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?