22nd August 2011, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

Which subject should I take in IAS exam after B.Tech in CS?

i am in b.tech final year.my branch is CS.i want to know about IAS subjects.which subject should i take?

23rd August 2011, 06:38 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Which subject should I take in IAS exam after B.Tech in CS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am in b.tech final year.my branch is CS.i want to know about IAS subjects.which subject should i take?
Hi friend.

As you are a computer science engineer In civil service entrance examination you don't have the exact your degree subject.

In engineering stream we only have few subject likes Electrical Engineering, Mechanical engineering,Civil engineering.

In this way you have only limited subjects in Engineering stream in order to select as the optional subjects. by bad luck we don't have any subject that is related to Computers or computer engineering.

so the students of IT,CSE and any other non listed candidate has to make their chance to keep apart from these core subjects.

if you want, you can select these subjects also as per your Interest.
but note you should Not select more than one engineering optional subject

as you have to select two optional subjects if you want to select a optional subject of civil engineering and also electrical engineering you are not allowed to do so .

only one engineering subject is allowed for any of them.
so you can select electrical,mechanical or civil engineering if you are interested you are allowed to do so inspite of being a Computer science student.

apart from these engineering subject you are free to select any of these optional subjects as follows :-

->Mathematics
->Agriculture
->Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
->Botany
->Chemistry
->Commerce
->Economics
->Geography
->Geology
->Indian History
->Law
->Management
->Medical Science
->Philosophy
->Physics
->Political Science
->Psychology
->Public Administration

These are the optional subjects available for you except engineering subjects so you can select any of them but see one thing that you are interested in subject which you select.

All the best for your selection

Regards

~AdityA~
23rd August 2011, 07:02 PM
thakur shanker singh

Default Re: Which subject should I take in IAS exam after B.Tech in CS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi
as you a CS student there is no link between the b.tech and civil service subjects,but there are some common subjects,they are
1.Mathematics
2.Communication skills
3.English comprehension skills
which you learned from your b.tech

And another subject's which you have to concentrate as a beginner is
1.current affairs
2.history of India
3.geography of India
4.economic of India
5.public policy's
6.political system
7.general science and many more

prepare aptitude books and books from NCERT for prelims.

some tips for the preparation of IAS
1.study new's paper.
2.prepare for basic aptitude test's.
3.If you want to become an IAS then just prepare for it,don't concentrate on another field.
23rd August 2011, 07:23 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject should I take in IAS exam after B.Tech in CS?

hi...there is no cumpulsion on what subject that you have to take after your graduation in the sicil services examination ,you can take any two subjects from the list of the subjects ,its entirely upto you to make the choice ,
but before taking the subjects please keep in your mins that the civil services examination is not an easy exam and ou need to realy work hars for it because apart from the two subjects that you will choose you will also have to answer the general studies paper and for that you will have to really work hard and from last year there is an additional addition and that is the csat examination wich is general apritude and you need to put in some effort even for that paper also ,
so select the subjects in which you are comfortable or you have have taken it in college or 12th class because then you will be having some basic knowledge of the subject and that will surely help you lot for the preperation by reducing your time which you have to give fron an subject which you have never studied
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 102 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?