1st August 2016, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

Which stream should I choose between science and commerce?

My son is good in maths but he finds science boring. Although he scored 79% in science in SSC. He is highly confused if he should take science or commerce. He says 9th standard science was boring but 10th was okay.Should he go for diploma in engineering or commerce?

1st August 2016, 05:13 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which stream should I choose between science and commerce?

Many candidates after 10th opt for Science subject in 11th & 12th & ended up fail. Reason being their parents wants them to study without checking whether their son or daughter is capable of clearing subjects or not. In India its trend to have science as a subject. It is good for those who knows very well can score good marks.

Commerce is easy as compared to science, but not that easy. Commerce is having more scope as compared to science according to me. Even to apply for highest government job post that is IAS etc no need to have science. Now a days more & more students rushing for commerce even if they opted for science in graduation then taking commerce subject only to do MBA.

I suggest you to understand your son capability whether he is good in science or not, look for his interest & then decide whether he want to go for science or commerce.
1st August 2016, 06:18 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

As you have said that your son is good in maths, but he finds science boring. So, he should choose the subject which makes him feel that it is interesting and which may help him to score good marks.

According to him 10th standard science was okay. If he wants to pursue his career with science, then he can choose science and move forward. Otherwise, if he is interested in business platform and interested in accounts/economics, etc., then he can go for commerce stream whichever makes him feel comfortable.
1st August 2016, 06:46 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

You want to choose among Science and Commerce, I should introduce you about both these streams:-

Science :-
You have two options in science stream ,
Maths and Biology:-
The subjects that you will have to study in science stream are :-
Maths / Biology, Physics, Chemistry, English, Computer Science / Physical Education, Painting etc .

If you take maths in your 12th, you will have many options after your completion of 12th such as :-
B.Tech,B .SC, B.CA etc.

If you want to go for engineering you will have to give entrance exam like IIT:-
JEE
AIEEE
BITSAT
VITEEE etc.

If you take Biology, you will have options after 12th like MBBS, BDS etc.

Commerce :-

If you go for Commerce stream in your 12th, you will study these subjects:-
Accountancy
Business Studies
Economics
English
Maths
Physical Education etc.

There are various options after 12th commerce stream such as:- CA, CS, CWA, CFA ,B.Com Honours BBA, Economics Honours, Fashion Designing, Law, BMS, etc.
So, find your interest and then choose the streams.
1st August 2016, 07:30 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Look, both the streams are good to opt and both of them has a lot of scope in future as a stream. It all depends upon the candidate that in which stream he is interested to study further in higher studies. So, let him choose his career. Whichever of the stream he is interested to opt let him do his studies in that stream only.
1st August 2016, 07:58 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

After completion of 10th standard, your son has two options to pursue his higher studies. He can opt for Diploma course or Intermediate course. In Diploma course, he can opt for Engineering/ Pharmacy courses based on his interest. If your son has interest in commerce field then, it is best to opt for Commerce stream in Intermediate or if he has interest in Maths then, it is best to pursue Science stream. I suggest you to opt for the course which your son interest to pursue his higher studies.
1st August 2016, 09:03 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, Science stream is the best stream between the two namely Science and Commerce. I can say that there is a good scope for Science background candidates after 12th Class. Here are the best courses that can be done after completion of courses from Science background.

>> Engineering (Best Course) - Recommended course

>> B.C.A (Bachelor of Computer Application)

>> Bachelor of Science (B.Sc)

>> B.Pharmacy

>> Bachelor of Architecture

You may enter into Engineering in two ways and one is through Engineering after 12th Class and Engineering after Diploma course. If you are interested in Core field, then I suggest you to go through Diploma and then go to B.Tech.
1st August 2016, 09:18 PM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My son is good in maths but he finds science boring. Although he scored 79% in science in SSC. He is highly confused if he should take science or commerce. He says 9th standard science was boring but 10th was okay.Should he go for diploma in engineering or commerce?
Diploma in engineering is considered as junior engineer which gives you technical knowledge of any stream. Mostly its a combination of Physics, chemestry, maths, computer science & biology.
After completing diploma, you can deploy yourself at work or can pursue degree in engineering which will open some more doors of opportunities.
While commerce is completely different from engineering. commerce is all about accounts, economy, taxation, cash flow, statistics etc.
>>> Although choosing a career is completely depends on a student that with which subjects he/she wants to be related to in future. Choose a career according to your choice not in the influence of other things.
1st August 2016, 10:45 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

>> As per my knowledge Both Science and Commerce subjects are good.

>> My suggestion to you is that you can select science or commerce as per your interest in 11th class.

>> As you say your son is good in maths but he finds science boring then my suggestion to you is that you can select commerce stream.

>> Yes you are eligible for diploma in engineering or commerce after completion of your 10th class.

COMMERCE STREAM SUBJECTS

Math
Statistics
Business Studies
Costing
Economics
Accountancy
English/ Hindi
Income Tax

SCIENCE STREAM SUBJECT

Maths
Biology
English
Computer
Physics
Chemistry
2nd August 2016, 02:52 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You should first of all ask your child as to which field he is interested in. If he is interested in science and want to pursue a career with science background, he should opt for it and if he is interested in commerce field, he should opt for commerce stream.

Ask your child to make up his mind by making a decision as to what does he wants to become in future and I am sure he will get the answer. Both the courses have great career opportunities, so do not worry about career jobs or anything as such. Just go for your interested subject and you will enjoy studying it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?