29th August 2016, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

Can I repay the amount of loan at any SBI branch of Delhi if was taken from SBI, Manimajra (Chandigarh)?

Hello sir, I was taken an education loan of 4 lakh from SBI, Manimajra (Chandigarh) and now I am settled in Delhi. Please tell me can I repay the loan at any SBI branch of Delhi?

Related Questions:
  1. What should I do to repay the amount of an education loan of SBI before repayment period? Is it a good decision?
  2. In which branch of SBI should a Shahin Bagh, Delhi resident go for an education loan of amount 10 lakh? Will I have to go for main branch of Delhi?
  3. Whether the State Bank of Hyderabad will get merged with SBI? How can I repay my education loan amount?
  4. Can SBI give an education loan to study BA LLB from Chitkara University?
  5. How can I take another Loan for PG course if already took for UG course?
  6. Can I apply for Education Loan again from SBI for study M.Tech if haven't paid the amount which was taken for B.Tech?
  7. Which Bank sponsor Education Loan of Rs. 8.5 Lacs to study in Newzealand if refused by SBI, Axis Bank, Vijaya Bank, UCO Bank and Bank of Baroda?
  8. How can I repay Education Loan if get job in UK after completing MS?
  9. How can I repay Loan amount if get job in USA after completion of MS?
  10. Can SBI grant education loan for ITI course under SBI Skill Loan Scheme? Interest rate and maximum amount granted?
  11. Other way to get Education Loan if nearest SBI branch refuses?
  12. Details of SBI Education Loan scheme for Orphans?
  13. Is there any provision for reimbursement of interest for SC candidate? Possibility to get other concession in repayment amount?
  14. Chances to get an education loan from SBI if applied online?
  15. How much amount of unsecured education loan SBI can grant? -- [New]
  16. Procedure to get extra amount as an education loan from SBI?
  17. From which SBI branch in chandigarh I can get prospectus of AIIMS? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. What to do if course is not completed due to backlog before repayment period of education loan?
29th August 2016, 10:23 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I repay the amount of loan at any SBI branch of Delhi if was taken from SBI, Manimajra (Chandigarh)?

You can pay the education loan at the same branch from where you took the loan. Normally, in case of loans the branch is important, because it requires some paper work and other formalities.

In case, you are paying the EMIs, then any SBI branch should accept it without any problem as all of them are connected to each other.
30th August 2016, 08:18 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I repay the amount of loan at any SBI branch of Delhi if was taken from SBI, Manimajra (Chandigarh)?

Yes, you can repay your education loan via any branch of SBI in Delhi. You need to do the following.

1. Contact the branch from which you took education loan to initiate your repayment. For this you need to write an application and sign the repayment form.
2. Once the above step is completed, you can start the repayment from any branch. You just need to deposit the concerned EMI amount in the savings account which is linked to your loan account or deposit directly in your loan account. The amount will be automatically deducted by the bank.
30th August 2016, 08:59 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

*This is not possible for final settlement of education loan. If you want to close your education loan account by repaying full amount of education loan then you must visit the same branch for final termination of education loan.

*Generally, part period amount of education loan can be paid through NET banking or any CBS branch of State bank of India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?