21st April 2017, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

What to do if course is not completed due to backlog before repayment period of education loan?

Hello sir, I was taken an education loan of 5 lakh from SBI and repayment period was 6 month after course but due to one year backlog I can't repay the amount before completion of course. What should I do now?

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to extend repayment period of an education loan of PNB due to further studies? How to extend repayment period?
  2. What to do if unable to pay the education loan amount on time due to being jobless?
  3. Will I get loan for 3rd and 4th year if have backlog in 2nd year? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Is repayment period based on courses under Dena Bank Education Loan? When to repay the loan amount?
  5. How much EMI will be charged against Loan amount of Rs. 5 Lacs under Bank of India Star Education Loan scheme? Details of repayment period?
  6. How to extend repayment time of education loan without interest?
  7. Is government of Jammu and Kashmir giving subsidy in repayment of education loan due to flood of last year?
  8. Processing period and repayment mode of Bank of India Education Loan scheme?
  9. Detailed information about margin and repayment in education loan scheme?
  10. What should I do for repayment of an education loan if all documents are stolen?
  11. How to extend repayment date of an education loan 5 years to 7 years?
  12. Can I repay the amount of loan at any SBI branch of Delhi if was taken from SBI, Manimajra (Chandigarh)?
  13. Repayment mode under Education Loan scheme of Federal Bank?
  14. Can I extend the repayment amount if taken Education Loan of Rs. 6 Lacs?
  15. What is the interest rate and repayment period of PNB for an education loan of rupees 4 lakhs?
  16. Am I eligible to get an Education Loan to study MBA after completing B.Tech with backlog?
  17. Detailed information about Margin and Repayment of Loan terms available in Bank Education Loan scheme?
  18. Can a bank grant an education loan in 2nd year of engineering course? What will be the repayment period?
23rd April 2017, 01:23 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to do if course is not completed due to backlog before repayment period of education loan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I was taken an education loan of 5 lakh from SBI and repayment period was 6 month after course but due to one year backlog I can't repay the amount before completion of course. What should I do now?

You can apply for an extension of time for completion of course from the Bank you received the education loan. They may permit you a maximum period of two years. If the student does not complete the course beyond some period, the sanctioning authority may consider extensions for completion of course. You have to repay the loan to be fixed in Equated Monthly Installments (EMI). You have to contact the bank branch manager for more details regarding extension period.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?