16th February 2016, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

Should I have to mortgage property for applying an education loan of Rs. 20 Lacs for study in USA? Can I repay loan amount within 5 years after getting job?

Hello Sir,
I want to study in Abroad may be in USA for my PG. Please help me out to sort out the best possible option for the bank education loan available. My total expense will go upto Rs. 20 Lacs. I want to repay the amount after my studies as soon as I get my job within 5 years. Will I have to mortgage my property? I would like to know everything in details.

Related Questions:
  1. How can I get Bank Education Loan of Rs. 16 Lacs to study MS in UK? Can I repay Loan after getting job? Do I have to Mortgage the property to apply for Bank Education Loan?
  2. Should I mortgage my property to apply for Education Loan of Rs. 16 Lacs to study Post Graduation in UK? Should I repay the amount after getting job?
  3. Should I have to mortgage my property to apply for Bank Education Loan of Rs. 16 Lacs for study PG in UK? Requirements to apply?
  4. How can I repay Education Loan if get job in UK after completing MS?
  5. How can I repay Education Loan if get job in USA after completing MS?
  6. How can I apply for Education Loan of Rs. 7 Lacs if already taken Rs 15 Lacs against Property?
  7. Can I apply for Education Loan from 2 Banks of Rs. 22 Lacs to study in Australia? Detailed information about Margin of Education Loan?
  8. Documents required to apply for Education Loan of Rs. 7.5 Lacs to study MBBS in Russia? Is it necessary to submit Property papers for a Guarantor?
  9. How can I get Education Loan of Rs. 22 Lacs to study MS in USA if Bank sanctioned only Rs. 20 Lacs?
  10. Can I get Bank Education Loan of Rs. 6.75 Lacs to study MBA without Immovable property?
  11. How can I get education loan if have no mortgage to show? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Which bank can provide me education loan of 2.5 lacs for the hidden charges of my MS course in USA?
  13. Can I get Bank Education Loan of Rs. 20 Lacs to study MS in USA if my mother is a retired Government School Teacher and having own house of Rs. 50 Lacs?
  14. Can I get Education Loan of Rs. 7.5 Lacs to study MBA on mortgaged property?
  15. Possibility to get Education Loan of Rs. 12 Lacs to study in Abroad for a candidate who has taken Personal Loan and having Credit Card with HDFC Salary Bank Account?
  16. Can I apply for an Education Loan with a mortgaged property?
  17. Which Bank provides Education Loan of Rs. 45 Lacs to study MBBS in US? Requirements to apply?
  18. How can I apply for Education Loan of Rs. 22 Lacs to study MBA in UK?
20th February 2016, 01:44 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Should I have to mortgage property for applying an education loan of Rs. 20 Lacs for study in USA? Can I repay loan amount within 5 years after getting job?

You will not have to mortgage your property. You will have present it to the Bank as a collateral.
The repayment clause is simple in case of Educational Loans.
You will have to repay the Loan along with the interest and you should start repaying in monthly installments 6 months after the completion of the course.
This is the rule and once you fail to give the monthly installments your collateral will be absorbed by the Bank.
This is the rule that is followed and if you will be able to take a Loan easily if you abide by the rules.
20th February 2016, 12:59 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to mortgage property for applying an education loan of Rs. 20 Lacs for study in USA? Can I repay loan amount within 5 years after getting job?

Yes, you need to mortgage your property like land, house, vehicle, etc. in order to opt for education loan of 20 lakhs to meet the expense of your post graduation study in USA. For education loan above 7.5 lakhs, mortgage is a mandatory clause in the education loan norm. You can repay the loan in five years after your course completion; there is no problem in this. The maximum period which the bank allows for repayment of education loan is seven years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?