24th September 2016, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

Is 12th PCB private candidate eligible for AIIMS medical entrance exam?

Am I eligible for AIIMS medical entrance exam if completed 12th in PCB as private candidate and passed my English before two years.

24th September 2016, 11:55 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is 12th PCB private candidate eligible for AIIMS medical entrance exam?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for AIIMS entrance examination.

AIIMS entrance examination is conducted by AIIMS New Delhi for admission of candidates in the institute.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 from recognised board. Candidate must have PCB and English as main paper. Candidate must have 60% in PCB with relaxation for reserved category.

The age limit is 17 -25 years and relaxation for reserved category.
25th September 2016, 12:17 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is 12th PCB private candidate eligible for AIIMS medical entrance exam?

AIIMS stands for All India Institute of Medical Science and these are the best medical colleges of India offering admission in MBBS and post graduate medical courses.

For taking admission in AIIMS for MBBS course one need to qualify AIIMS MBBS entrance examination held by AIIMS once every year. Also for appearing in the same examination you need to have the qualifications given below :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 17 years to 25 years by the 31st December of that year in which you are appearing in the same examination.

* You must have completed your Class 12th with English, Physics, Biology and Chemistry as your main subjects with a minimum of 60% aggregate from a recognized board. Marks relaxation of 10% is allowed for SC/ST and PH category candidates.

Since you do not have mentioned your qualification properly so it is quite difficult to exactly answer your question. But as per the norm, a private candidate is allowed to appear in the same examination if he/she manages to qualify in each of the mentioned subject with the mentioned minimum marks all at once.

For further details regarding the same examination you can log on to the link www.aiimsexam.org.in.
25th September 2016, 02:37 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Candidate must have passed their intermediate from any of the recognized university and must have cleared their backlogs. Private or regular candidate does not matter important thing is that you have passed intermediate from a recognized school or college. That is why you are eligible to write AIIMS Medical entrance examination.
25th September 2016, 03:30 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are very much eligible to sit for the above mentioned examination provided you should have studied PCB at your +2 level and should have completed it from a recognized board.

You should however prepare well for your examination as it is not an easy nut to crack.
25th September 2016, 10:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, if you have don't private schooling from a recognized open school, then you will definitely be eligible for AIIMS medical entrance exam. Just make sure that you have score 50% marks in PCB stream.

Admission will be on the basis of performance in entrance exam. If you have got qualification from NIOS or any other recognized open schooling, then no need to worry.
26th September 2016, 12:00 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible for AIIMS medical entrance exam if completed 12th in PCB as private candidate and passed my English before two years.
Yes, you are eligible for AIIMS exam.

Candidate who have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks are eligible for AIIMS exam but your 12th standard subject are Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. For SC/ST candidate this percentage is reduced to 40%.

Your age should be in between 17 to 26 years.
26th September 2016, 12:49 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that definitely 12th qualified PCB private candidates are also eligible for AIIMS entrance examination, there is no problem in it.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th or equivalent studying PCB from a recognised Board with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to appear for the AIIMS entrance examination.
26th September 2016, 12:54 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well, you must satisfy the below criteria to be eligible for AIIMS Medical Entrance exam.

Eligibility Criteria for AIIMS Medical Entrance Exam

- The applicant must complete 12th standard in science stream with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English from recognized board.

- The applicant must complete 17 years of age at the time of examination.

- The applicant belonging to SC/ST, OBC have the upper age limit extended to 5 years.

Official website - Click Here
25th April 2018, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

AM I ELIGIBLE for AIIMS? I have studied and passed 10 2 with PCME as main subjects with 70%. However i appeared additional subject(BIOLOGY) conducted by cbse in the forth coming year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?