1st February 2017, 09:38 AM
soumithrachary

Chances to get admission in M.Tech at IITs without GATE exam?

Hello sir, I am studying in B.Tech and after it want to do M.Tech from IITS. I want to know is there any chances to get admission in M.Tech without GATE exam?

Related Questions:
  1. Chances of getting direct admission in IITs as per my gATE 2015 scores?
  2. Should i take admission in NIT Warangal or re-appear for GATE exam? Placement status for M.Tech in NIT Warangal? What is the highest salary offered?
  3. Chances to get admission in M.Tech at IITs without GATE exam? -- [New]
  4. Admission in M.Tech after 561 score in GATE? Chances in IITs and BHU?
  5. What are the chances of getting admission in M.Tech. in IITs or NITs at 38 marks in GATE(ME)?
  6. Do I have any chance for admission in IITs after scoring 456 in GATE, 6963 rank, 94.86 percentile and 35.67 marks?
  7. Eligibility for M.Tech, M.Tech (Res) and PhD in IITs?
  8. Is PEC Chandigarh a good option to pursue M.Tech in Electronics?
  9. In which college can I apply after scoring 40.33 marks in GATE? Can I get admission in any of the IITs?
  10. Best colleges for doing m.tech?
  11. Which course is better for me between ME and M.Tech to get Jobs in Software Industries being a student from ECE stream? Which Entrance Exams should I go for this?
  12. Chances in IITs and NITs after 95.6 percentile in GATE? Colleges where i can apply?
  13. GATE score for selection in IITs for M.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Is it between to do M.Tech with AICTE recognition or UGC recognition? Universities or institutes that are recognized? Where can I get admission?
  15. Where to get admission for MTech in GPS Without gate score?
  16. Is it possible to get admission in M.Tech after passing GATE with 417 in ECE?
  17. How can I do M.Tech? I'm doing M.Sc(environment science) with Nagaland open university
  18. After clearing GATE can I get admission in IITs?
4th February 2017, 02:55 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Chances to get admission in M.Tech at IITs without GATE exam?

You are pursuing your B.Tech degree and want to do M.Tech course from IIT after completion of degree (B.Tech) course. You are interested to know whether you can take admission in M.Tech course in IIT without GATE Exam.

>>No, you cannot take admission in M.Tech course in IIT’s without being qualified in GATE exam with a good score. The main reason is that the minimum eligibility criteria for getting admission in IIT for M.Tech course is that the student must qualify GATE exam.

>>Based on the GATE score, they call for interview. The marks scored in GATE exam as well as in interview are considered for admission process. So in my opinion you have to not only qualify the GATE exam but also try to score good marks in GATE exam to have fair chance in getting admission in M.Tech course in reputed institution such as IIT’s.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?