21st January 2018, 05:39 PM
sagar khatik

What are the job opportunities in government sector after completion of M.Sc Zoology?

I will completing my Master of Science in Zoology this year after which I'm looking for job opportunities in government sector. In which government department I can expect job opportunities? Also, let me know if any private sector hires M.Sc Zoology candidates.

24th January 2018, 02:52 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the job opportunities in government sector after completion of M.Sc Zoology?

Having completed M.Sc Zoology, you are eligible to apply for various job opportunities in public sector and private sector.

There would be Entrance Exams conducted by UPSC, SSC and PSC for various positions.

You can apply for these positions and crack respective Entrance Exams and Interview.

Other Government Departments for jobs are
-Forensic Department
-Research Organizations like ISRO and BARC

Also you can find job opportunities in
Museums
Agricultural Departments
Medical Laboratories
Hatcheries
Conservation Agencies etc.

If interested you can make entry into Teaching field. You can work as Lecturer in Colleges and Universities.

You can also make entry into Research field by completing M.Phil and Ph.D courses.

Choose the career option as per your interest and make most out of it.
25th January 2018, 06:43 PM
pushpendra-25

Default Re: What are the job opportunities in government sector after completion of M.Sc Zoology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagar khatik View Post
I will completing my Master of Science in Zoology this year after which I'm looking for job opportunities in government sector. In which government department I can expect job opportunities? Also, let me know if any private sector hires M.Sc Zoology candidates.
There are many job opportunities open for the postgraduate candidates in government as well as private sector. the first thing you need to do is decide whether you want to go for a job or higher studies.
Apart from the civil services, banking,
In the government sector you can get a job as an assistant professor or if you like to go for research can join the national institutes.
to get a job as a lecturer or junior research fellowship you need to attend the NET exam.

National eligibility test (NET) will make you eligible for the for the professor or assistant scientist posts in the institutes.
Check the complete information from the official website and apply for the UGC NET 2018 as soon as the application form out.
All the best.
26th January 2018, 10:34 AM
Vikasjhacds

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagar khatik View Post
After completing MSc in Zoology you have different options like:-
- Indian Civil Services
- Indian Forestry services
- Staff Selection Commission
- Indian Defence Services

You can also apply following Institute:-
Archaeology Survey of India
Zoological Survey of India
Intern museum
27th January 2018, 07:23 PM
Ramabai L

->The candidates who complete M.Sc Zoology can eligible to apply for the UPSC and SSC exams.
->By clearing NET or SET exams one will become a professor in a University or a college.
->Candidates are eligible to give UPSC exams to become a IFS, IAS, etc.
->Candidates can able to join as a junior in a research organizations.
-> Exams conducted by PSC department to the Zoology graduates for Agricultural, Transportations, Railway, Banking, etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?