12th August 2010, 01:22 AM
Shash07

Can I go for MS degree after BCA?

hello,
I am studying in BCA final year and i want to know that after completion of BCA can i go for MS degree in abroad or an India....if yes please tell me for which all exams i have to prepare.....

12th August 2010, 09:53 AM
amit1057
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I go for MS degree after BCA?

Dear friend
yes, you can chose MS degree after BCA.various college in india which is provide MS degree after BCA.
12th August 2010, 10:20 AM
Rickers

Hello friend,
Yes you can go for M.S but you must have to score good in GRE and TOEFEL OR ILETS.
GRE stands for graduate record examination and TOEFEL stans for test of english as a foreign language.
So after your BCA you must register for the GRE and TOEFEL.
The registration cost will be 12500 online registration.
you may apply it online.

You need to score 950+ out of 1600 for getting a good university in usa.

for more details visit:
www.UniversitiesInTheUSA.com

good luck!
12th August 2010, 01:25 PM
jainlove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shash07 View Post
hello,
I am studying in BCA final year and i want to know that after completion of BCA can i go for MS degree in abroad or an India....if yes please tell me for which all exams i have to prepare.....
if you are interested to do MS, then you need to qualify entrance exams like TOFEL,GRE in which TOFEL is compulsory.
you will get all the information in the website of ETS(educational testing service) link is -- <http://ets.org/>
12th August 2010, 01:29 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

Yeah,you can definitely do Master's degree after your graduation i.e BCA.

But it would be best for you to take up MCA as master's course.

As this would lead your career in the right way, all the skills you earned in the three years of BCA will be helpful in MCA.

Even after doing MCA there are huge job opportunities in the software sector and as well as in academics.

Now it is up to you whether you want to do MS or MCA..

all the best!
12th August 2010, 01:59 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hello friend,

Yes you can for MS i.e Master of Science after doing BCA,

But that won't be so better than the MCA course ,as after BCA it will be the right career path to go for.

After MCA you will get huge opportunities to go in the academic sector and as well as in the software field.

You can join as software developer in big software farms in India and also in abroad after doing MCA.

MCA has got tremendous value in today's IT industry,it is somewhat equal to the B.Tech degree course.

So decision is yours what to do next after BCA..

All the best!
12th August 2010, 02:06 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hello friend,

Yes you can for MS i.e Master of Science after doing BCA,

But that won't be so better than the MCA course ,as after BCA it will be the right career path to go for.

After MCA you will get huge opportunities to go in the academic sector and as well as in the software field.

You can join as software developer in big software farms in India and also in abroad after doing MCA.

MCA has got tremendous value in today's IT industry,it is somewhat equal to the B.Tech degree course.

So decision is yours what to do next after BCA..

All the best!
12th August 2010, 02:15 PM
jicks

You can opt for giving the exam, for getting selected for admissions doing Graduation course only, not for MS. I dont think BCA in India can fetch direct PG course abroad.

You can give any of the following exam, for getting admissions abroad.

GRE, SAT, LSAT, MCAT, TOEFL

GRE scores is required by most of the colleges in USA as part of their admission process.

In some countries, you can go directly approach the college, which conduct their own entrance test for admission.
Most of the Universtities abraod, admit students who fare well in SAT scores.

Anyone, anytime can now give SAT test. and is conducted almost 5 to 7 times a year.
12th August 2010, 02:47 PM
kool
Senior Member++

yes friend after completion of your BCA, there are so many chances to go to abroad.
you can appear in so many exams conducted for abroad education like GRE,GMAT,TOEFEL.
& for MS degree there are so many colleges availbale in India, you have to apply for admission in any colleges as per your BCA marks.
kindly first complete your BCA with good marks & take admission in good institute.
good luck.
12th August 2010, 02:55 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

look, MS is equivalent degree of MTech.

so you can't do it after your BCA degree.

you can do MS after doing MCA.

to do MS from abroad you have qualify GRE test.

through GRS test you can do MS from abroad.

all the best..........
12th August 2010, 07:12 PM
Rickers

Hello friend,

Yes, off course you will go for M.S from anywhere either india or abroad.
For prepare M.S you have to prepare for two entrance exam
Graduate record exam(GRE)
TOEFEL(test of english as a foreign language)

So prepare yourself or you may take some coaching from any reputed institution across the country.
Surely you will get success.
Good luck!!!!
13th August 2010, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

Can I Go For M tech after B.C.A
13th August 2010, 05:51 PM
bholag

dear friend,
You can do MS degree after completion of your BCA degree.
you can also do it from abroad only you have to compete in an exam like GRE,TOEFELL
You can also go for MCA or MBA ,
which are demanding sector now a days.
all the best
14th August 2010, 03:05 PM
Shash07

thank u so much....one more thing to go to newzeland which exam i ve to write....GRe is must to go for MS?
15th August 2010, 01:46 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1057 View Post
Dear friend
yes, you can chose MS degree after BCA.various college in india which is provide MS degree after BCA.
yes you can do ms degree after bca. There are many entrance exams like GRE, ILETS, TOEFEL in which you can apply.
15th August 2010, 08:34 AM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

off course you will go for M.S from anywhere either india or abroad.
For prepare M.S you have to prepare for two entrance exam you can also do it from abroad only you have to compete in an exam like GRE,TOEFELL
You can also go for MCA or MBA ,in some countries, you can go directly approach the college, which conduct their own entrance test for admission.
Most of the Universities abroad, admit students who fare well in SAT scores.
27th August 2010, 04:52 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,
you must get chance in MS after BCA,there are various college in India which is provide MS degree after BCA.
there are so many entrance exam for that in which you have to pass such as GRE,TOEFELL or SAT etc...
Good luck.
27th August 2010, 04:55 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,
you must get chance in MS after BCA,there are various college in India which is provide MS degree after BCA.
there are so many entrance exam for that in which you have to pass such as GRE,TOEFELL or SAT etc...
Good luck.
28th August 2010, 04:18 PM
jainlove

Quote:
hello,
do you that like for engineering we need to qualify either entrance exams or we can go through Management Quota, just like that to go for MS you need to qualify Entrance exam GRE & TOFEL,, see the criteria for that in the website -
www.ets.org
you will find all the information through this website.
29th August 2010, 02:18 AM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

you want to do MS after completion of your BCA.. you can go for that, but according to me in India there is no such good facility for doing MS...for that you have to go Abroad..

if you are not interested in going Abroad, then it will be better for you to go for MCA after completion of your BCA..

there is huge scope to get a job after MCA...

now you decide what you want..

all the best..
29th August 2010, 12:09 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hello friend
For the preparation of the MS,you will have to clear the two toughest exam ,one named Graduate record exam(GRE) and another one is the TOEFEL...

And if you are asking whether you can prepare it after BCA or not ,then the ansewer is yes off coarse you can prepare..after the graduation...
8th December 2010, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

I have done my BCA and i am not interested in doing MCA.can someone pls suggest me a few courses for masters apart from mba in the US.I want to do something that involves computers and management.
9th December 2010, 12:46 PM
pratiktortikar

Quote:
hello,
Of course you can do MS after your BCA. If you want to learn Ms in india ,there are many universities.But if you wish do Ms going abrad you will have to write exams like GRE,TOEFL,IELTS etc...In this GRE is for USA andUK,getting a good score in GRE makes you to select few universities you wish to study in either of the countries of USE and UK.TOEFL is the must for abroad studies any where in the world,its just an english testing exam.IELTS is for australia,UK etc...even IELTS is for english and general knowledge testing exam.In GRE the maximum score is 2000 and if you get more than 1200 you will be admitted in any of the god universities.In TOEFL 90+ marks helps you to get in good universities.
9th December 2010, 08:33 PM
ramakant sharma

Smile Re: Can I go for MS degree after BCA?

Hello dear look after doing only BCA you are not eligible for MS degree . for it you must have to complete your masters degree MS is offered directly after be cholers degree but for (10+2+4) basis . so you must have to full fill masters criteria for MS

Now you can complete your MS either by India or in abroad
* for India you need to face GATE exam to take admission in good colleges .
* for Abroad you need to clear GRE entrance test first

and NO you are not eligible to take admission directly in M> TECH after BCA itself because M> TECH and MS are equivalent degree and requires same criteria.

good luck
5th January 2011, 09:24 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Lightbulb Re: Can I go for MS degree after BCA?

Quote:
hello,
Dear friend,
You are absolutely eligible for MS course in india as well as abroad..,
4th February 2011, 02:41 AM
Unregistered

I am a first year b.c.a. student i am planning to do ms after the complitation of my basic graduation .what do you suggest me to do m.c.a/ m.b.a/ m.s ? please suggest me.
5th February 2011, 06:11 PM
SupritShestha

Quote:
hello,
hi friend!
Its good to know that you are doing BCA...yes you can definitely go for doing MS abroad...all you need to do is have a valid passport...after that you have to write GRE test based on which you will get scholarships and seats in college and also you have to write IELTS/TOEFEL test which will test you english....
its not that hard to crack the exam...just prepare well friend....
wish you success......
21st February 2011, 11:35 PM
RATAN SINGH RATHORE
Senior Member+

hi dear,
Yes you can definitely go for doing MS degree after completed of your BCA degree.There are various college in india which is provide MS degree.Firstly i suggested you complete your BCA with good markes & take admission in good college.

best of luck..............
22nd February 2011, 12:27 AM
wagle
Senior Member+

my dear friend

you will happy to know that you surely go for your ms degree after completion of your BCA. you give many chances for study in abroad. .
you can appear in so many exams conducted for abroad education like GRE,GMAT,TOEFEL.
in india many colleges ,you can take addmission.but first complete your BCA with highscore marks & take admission in good institute.
best of luck.
don't worry be happy.
22nd February 2011, 03:50 AM
arvind_singh
Banned

you can do M.S but for that you must have to score good in GRE and TOEFEL.

GRE stands for graduate record examination and TOEFEL stands for test of english as a

foreign language.if u want to get into good college then you have to prepare very hard

because it is not that easy your vocabulary and writing skills should be very strong.

but it will be more better if you do MCA rather then MS because that will be more better

option for you
22nd February 2011, 05:55 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No friend, you can not do M.Tech after completing BCA.

to do M.tech you have to do B.tech in any field or M.Sc in field of your choice, then and only then you are eligible to sit for GATE which is the entrance exam for M.tech.....

so do B.tech or M.sc first, if you are interested to do M.tech.
23rd February 2011, 01:44 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

No, After BCA You Cant Do M.tech Course.

Because to Do M.tech Course You Need Either Master Degree OR 4 Year Degree Course.

So, You are Not eligible to Apply for M.tech Course. So, I will Suggest You Just Complete Your Master Degree, After Completing Your BCA, Only then You are Eligible to apply for M.tech Course.

But, To get Admission in M.tech Course, You Need To appear for GATE Entrance Examination, Only then You will get Admission In M.tech Course In Top Colleges, If you wil be able to scored good Marks in GATE Exams.

So, please complete your Master degree, only then You Are eligible to apply for M.tech Course.
23rd February 2011, 07:44 AM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hii

MS degree after BCA
you can not do M.Tech after completing BCA.
to do M.tech you have to do B.tech in any field or M.Sc in field of your choice, then and only then you are eligible to sit for GATE which is the entrance exam for M.tech.
you can do M.S but for that you must have to score good in GRE and TOEFEL.
GRE stands for graduate record examination and TOEFEL stands for test of english as a
foreign language.if u want to get into good college then you have to prepare very hard
because it is not that easy your vocabulary and writing skills should be very strong.
but it will be more better if you do MCA rather then MS because that will be more better
you may apply it online.
for more details visit:
www.UniversitiesInTheUSA.com

good luck.
23rd February 2011, 08:39 AM
omprakash sharma

Hi,
yes, you can do MS degree after BCA.but first complete your BCA with highscore marks & take admission in good institute.

You are absolutely eligible for MS course in india as well as abroad.

to do M.tech you have to do B.tech in any field or M.Sc in field of your choice, then and only then you are eligible to sit for GATE which is the entrance exam for M.tech.

so do B.tech or M.sc first, if you are interested to do M.tech
Its good to know that you are doing BCAyes you can definitely go for doing MS abroad...all you need to do is have a valid passport after that you have to write GRE test based on which you will get scholarships and seats in college and also you have to write IELTS/TOEFEL test which will test you english.
23rd February 2011, 09:57 AM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Dear,

Yes you can go for MS degree in aboard after completing BCA in India.

So many exams conducted for abroad education like GRE,GMAT,TOEFEL and for studing in aboard you have to fight any exam.

All ther Best
23rd February 2011, 04:33 PM
biswaranjan9

answer is

YES
You can go for MCA(master in computer application),MBA etc.
22nd April 2011, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

CAN I GO FOR MS (master of surgery) degree after completing my MBBS ?
30th April 2011, 01:57 PM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Can I go for MS degree after BCA?

Yes you can go for MCA or MBA but i suggest you to for you who doing BCA is best option is MCA ....so go for MCA....
3rd May 2011, 09:06 AM
Unregistered

pls tell me d universities which offer ms after BCA in india and exam i hav to write
11th May 2011, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
hello,
yes you can do MS degree after B.C.A but you can only do it in I.T field
21st May 2011, 08:55 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

Yes you can go for M.S but you must have to score good in GRE and TOEFEL OR ILETS.
GRE stands for graduate record examination and TOEFEL stans for test of english as a foreign language.
you may apply it online.

24th May 2011, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

hello frnds
m doin my bca final year. i m intrestd in doin MS from india
please tel me whether m i eligible to do MS after BCA
N please tel me wat ol the entrance exam i need to qualify
its urgent
if possible do mail me [email protected]
thnks
25th May 2011, 11:56 AM
stranger351

Yes you can do MS after BCA.......... but i want to suggest you for MCA after BCA.... it is a good scope after MCA you get a good job in software companies easily and it will increase your package........ so you should go with MCA after BCA...........
25th May 2011, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

bca or diploma ECE..which one is better?
26th May 2011, 03:28 PM
Ankur agrawal

Quote:
hello,
Hii
After BCA you should prepare for GRE and try to do your best..

Its a bettre way to go aboard ..

ankur
27th May 2011, 03:59 PM
Ankur agrawal

Quote:
hello,
Hii,

Yes you can choose MS degree as a higher study but for taking admission you should appear in the GRE,ToFEL types of exam..

Ankur
8th June 2011, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

which sems is above +950
plz tell me
2nd July 2011, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

i m ocp certified and i want to do mca from abroad..so can you suggest some universities..i m bba graduate
7th July 2011, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

Hi
If anyone knows in india after completing BCA we can apply or do MS in IT from India.
please update...
10th July 2011, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

After completion of BCA. Which is better to take up? MCA or MS???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?