24th June 2010, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

Which one is better between Architecture and Civil Engineering in terms of Scope, Placement and earnings?

Please tell that which bachelor degree is better:- ARCHITECTURE OR CIVIL ENGINEERING ?

PLEASE TELL YOUR ANSWER BASED ON:

SCOPE (in government jobs)
PLACEMENT (from campus selection)
EARNINGS PER ANNUM

Related Questions:
  1. Which one is better between Architecture and Civil engineering in terms of Scope, placement and earning?
  2. WHICH IS BETTER B. Arch (Architecture) or B. Tech (Civil/ Mechanical engineering) ? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Can I still opt for Architecture? What is the scope of Architecture in India for girls?
  4. Correspondence courses from Abroad equivalent to Architecture for Civil engineer with 21 years work experience?
  5. Possibility of doing architecture after civil engineering? What are the courses available under Architecture?
  6. How to join B.E Architecture after completing diploma in civil engineering
  7. Name of the universities which are offering Master degree course in Architecture for a B.E Civil Engineering student? -- [New]
  8. Is B.Arch good for girl after 12th?
  9. Can I apply for AMIE in Civil Engineering? What is better for future, Architecture or Civil Engineering?
  10. Scope for Civil Engineers after acquiring M.Tech in Civil Engineering? Difference between M.E and M.Tech? Is MBA necessary to do placements? What to prefer after B.E, MBA or M.Tech?
  11. Entrance exams for master degree in architecture after B.Tech. in Civil Engineering
  12. Is it easy to compete with the subjects for M.Arch? Do I have to take an additional course before doing Architecture after Engineering?
  13. Scope for Civil Engineers who acquired M.Tech in Civil? Is MBA necessary for better placement? Which course is better between MBA and M.Tech after B.E.?
  14. Is Civil Engineering better than Architecture?
  15. Which stream is best in terms of Placement in Manipal University? Do i have a chance of changing the stream later on after joining?
  16. Is it possible to become an Architect after passing BE in Civil engineering?
  17. Is it difficult to study Master's in Architecture and Planning for Civil students?
  18. Can I do Architecture after doing BE Civil? Colleges which offer such courses?
12th May 2011, 08:38 AM
ajay kumar75

Default Re: Which one is better between Architecture and Civil Engineering in terms of Scope, Placement and earnings?

I think architecture is better than civil engineering in all aspect.
12th May 2011, 08:49 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which one is better between Architecture and Civil Engineering in terms of Scope, Placement and earnings?

Architecture and civil engineering profession which always go together and work in the same field of construction industry .generally its the architecture who makes the plans of the buildings and the civil engineer who builds it.
SCOPE:
There is more scope for the civil engineers these days because of the number of ongoing projects going in the country .an architecture can not work in any kind of construction fields they have only some specific area of expertise but an civil engineer has to work in all the area so there is surely more demand for an civil engineer than the architecture graduate.
PLACEMENT:
As far as India is concerned there is surely more opportunities of jobs for an civil engineers in India than an architecture exactly because of the reasons mentioned and described above .
EARNINGS PER ANNUM:
The earnings per annum of an architect is surely more than an civil engineer if he is an famous and well known in the market,also in the initial stage the earnings of an architect is surely more than an civil engineer but getting that initial job is very tough
12th May 2011, 05:13 PM
Prerna20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Please tell that which bachelor degree is better:- ARCHITECTURE OR CIVIL ENGINEERING ?

PLEASE TELL YOUR ANSWER BASED ON:

EARNINGS PER ANNUM
Hi

Both are equal... so select on the basis of reputation of the college in which you are getting these 2 fields.

Placement and pay package depends a lot on the institution from which you graduate. An IITian would be offered a much higher package than a gratuate from a average college .. of the same discipline.

So chaoose according to the college.

In terms of scope .. civil engineering has a broader scope as it includes construction of other than buildings also.

Regards

Prerna
12th May 2011, 05:52 PM
shoebahmed89

both have equal scope only thing is that u get a good plateform
28th May 2011, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

my son completed s.s.l.c with 92% marks and opted pcms in in puc, kindly give the scope in future if he selected civil engineering.
7th June 2011, 07:42 AM
Unregistered

sir, i have cleared aieee in architectute with 107 marks... nd expecting NIT college....
bt initially i want to do civil engineering through any private college.....
please suggest me what field should i choose......

nd is architecture had good job scope than civil engineer in terms of yearly package
14th June 2011, 06:32 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Both degrees are related to construction field. Architectural job involves planning and designing. Civil engineering includes developing the plans and then doing the construction. Both professions are equally demanded professions. The scope and annual earning is more for architects than the civil engineers.
17th June 2011, 11:50 PM
sachin6

Both are good courses. Both have good placements,scope and earnings. You can do anyone of these two courses.
7th July 2011, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

sir, i want to become a famous person..can this done by civil job?
7th July 2011, 07:46 PM
duurgesh

EARNINGS PER ANNUM[/QUOTE]

Besides Personal interest, in terms of scope, placement and earnings CIVIL ENGINEERING is best.
In Government sector there are lots of SCOPE in civil engineering such as in UPSC AND STATE PSC conduct examination for JUNIOR AND/ OR ASSISTANT ENGINEER. Other government sector which conduct examination for hiring Engineer and/or Mangement TRAINEES such as NTPC, BHEL, BEL, ONGC,HPCL etc. You must check continuously the website WWW.FRESHERSWORLD.COM.
Some COMPANIES goes for on campus selection in 3rd and 4th year of B.TECH
In government sector initial salary is 1.2 to 1.8 lakh per annum. In private sector it increases as your experiance increases. It reachs upto 3.6 to4.2 lakh per annum
12th July 2011, 06:51 PM
Ashok T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prerna20 View Post
Hi

Both are equal... so select on the basis of reputation of the college in which you are getting these 2 fields.

Placement and pay package depends a lot on the institution from which you graduate. An IITian would be offered a much higher package than a gratuate from a average college .. of the same discipline.

So chaoose according to the college.

In terms of scope .. civil engineering has a broader scope as it includes construction of other than buildings also.

Regards

Prerna
My son is getting admission in Ayojana Shool of Architecture, Jaipur. He may get admission in Civil in 'Manipal Engg. College, Jaipur chapter. Which will be better
23rd July 2011, 01:16 AM
Unregistered

Is Civil engineering better than Architect?
4th September 2011, 03:12 AM
Unregistered

Yes oviously Mechanical is best among aall
7th October 2011, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

what is normally income of civil eng
21st December 2011, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Which one is better between Architecture and Civil Engineering in terms of Scope, Placement and earnings?

Quote:
yes obviously architect is better........
24th January 2012, 12:48 PM
abhin91
Member+

Civil engineering and architecture are different fields that cannot be compared as such.
Architecture is more of creativity and civil is the application part of that creativity, so i think which one is better depends on your like and caliber and should be choosen accordingly.

THough in terms of scope in government sector i would prefer CIvil engineering over architechture in the current scenario.
2nd August 2012, 03:37 AM
Unregistered

Is there is a scope of a govt. Job after doing b.arch ????
28th September 2012, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

can an architect work in government offices
30th September 2012, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

i think civil engineers does the hard core jobs in construction than the architects and that is really cool.... as i can see civil engineers can be everywhere in any field like mechanical...my boss is a civil engineer who also specializes in mechanical and electrical....so you see civil engineers are way too cooler than arhitects they're like heroes on the site and on the road ^_^
6th January 2013, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

architets earn more than civil engineer
7th January 2013, 12:00 AM
amol 5

my dear friend civil engineering is always better than architecture.

because their is much more scope for civil engineering as it is evergreen core brance of engineering.

after completion of your graduation you can give various civil service exams like
UPSC
MPSC
IS
IAS
IPS
and many more

after completion of graduation in civil you can also do post graduation in civil.

you can work in diffrent sectors like construction
designing
surveying
etc

while in architeture you have to work with limited sector so in my point of view civil is always better.

Thanks and best luck.
7th January 2013, 01:52 AM
ipkay93

Quote:
architets earn more than civil engineer
Hello dear aspirant, there is nothing like that the architects earn more than the civil engineers. The points which affect your job pay are:

COLLEGE: Your initial pay will be considerably dependent on the college you are studying in, you must be knowing the difference between the standard of the colleges so better is the name of the college , better the pay you can expect.

COMPANY: The second thing which will affect you pay is the company you are placed in. All the companies coming to a college does not offer similar package to the students, so it highly depends on your graudation marks and your personality that which company picks you.

So as now you cannot predict that which company will pick you up and your graduation aggregate percentage depends on your future hard work, this leaves you with the first point. If you are getting admission to both Architecture and Civil Engineering then you should must go with the better college.

Regards,
Pkay.
3rd May 2013, 12:42 AM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Which one is better between Architecture and Civil Engineering in terms of Scope, Placement and earnings?

Quote:
CONSTRUCTION WORK

-Architectural-(Architect)-the architect has the direct contact to the owner.

-Structural -(Plans/supervision:Architect and will be confirmed by a Civil Engr. (if he/she can build the design) if he cant either the architect will replace the engr. or will just revise the plan

-Mechanical(Plans: Architect and will be confirmed and checked by a Mechanical Engr.

-Plumbing(Plans: Architect supervision and be checked by a MAster Plumber. after graduating the architect can directly take the master plumbing exam.

-Land Use and Zoning - (for Land title processing: Architect, and for the job is for Geodetic engr or civil.

-Others about the building(research, construction costs, etc)

Architect is the Master Builder. while the engrs are the builders.. they are just educated carpenters.. or something they are under the supervision of an architect
8th May 2013, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

i hav scored 88% in 12th with science stream...but cud not score good marks in jee main...i want to do civil engineering....which collage is best suited for me according to my marks in mharashtra
22nd May 2013, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

im going to choose architecture right now, architecture is hard ? if i know architecture is a world of art . i have skills in drawing . some of them tell me that civil engr. is better than architecture . I need your reply plss .
4th June 2013, 10:36 AM
Unregistered

I am confused to choose in Civil Engineering and Architecture. Which one is better for me for getting higher placement and earning in future scope. I have completed my 12 from CBSE region at 59% from science stream. Tell me your reply......
3rd July 2013, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

I am selected for architecture and polytechnic diploma in civil engineering in jamia millia islamia which would be better for me in terms of placement and jobs in future?
4th July 2013, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

i got selected in iit roorkee architecture branch and sgsits indore civil engineering.
i want to be civil but roorkee is also a very nice college.
sgsits is no. 1 in mp got admission by mppet.
which should i prefer?????????
10th August 2013, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

thank you for your Guidance
Mahdiar
12th August 2013, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

can i do architecture after completing my btech in civil
6th November 2013, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

Which one would offer mr best salary:architecture or civil engineering
10th November 2013, 12:58 AM
Unregistered

Hi,I am an Architect as well as Civil Engineer.So I would like to suggest you all that you should go for both i.e to become an Architect as well as Civil Engineer...don't think that Architect is not an Engineer...actually he is both an Engineer as well as an Artist as he design...if Architect is creative,the pay will be far more than that of civil engineer....
12th April 2014, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

There are many benefits in architect as well as in civil engineering and there are also many drawback in both . I am totally confused what to do among this both.what should i do............
22nd April 2014, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

who's the boss of whom? does architects the ones who do the hardwork? Or is it the civils?
23rd June 2015, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

If one is not very much creative,bt he wants to do graduation in b.arch...
Then,is it good to do so..
Means in terms of placemnt,salary etc...

Getting really confusd..
Waiting for rply..%uD83D%uDE1E
3rd July 2015, 01:02 AM
Unregistered

Architecture izz better than civil engineering because country always needs a creative mind ,and creative designs, and now a days civil engineers population izz more than architects,and architecture izz very demanded in developed countries as well as developing countries,, obviously pay scale is bit more of architects...
12th July 2015, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

after passing 12th with 63% my caunciler sugest for architecturing but i take admission in electronics engineering now after completing 1st year i wants to be an architect what i do pleas help me.
3rd March 2016, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

I have done my b.tech in civil engg and now looking for masters. Through my gate score I can get good nit colleges like warrangal,etc. But I am confused whether to try for spa, Delhi or go for m.tech. pls suggest
14th May 2016, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

if i does't get admission in any reputated college , then which course is better civil or architecture to do in unreputated colleges
16th June 2016, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

My Architecture Rank is 675 through CET have I got a fair chance of getting a seat in any of he top colleges in Bangalore
14th June 2018, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

Dear brother, If will say to you....You need to only for building design ung the you go in. Architect......Because architect in the past part of civil engineer.....Architect is morning without civil engineer.....Keep in mind architect had small score and civil engineer have more scopes....Architect is like one glass of water from sea(civil engineer)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?