27th August 2011, 05:11 PM
ANGEL.NAYANA

Can we join MCA after completing diploma? What are the requirements?

can we join to MCA after my diplomo....please tell me the requirements for that

28th August 2011, 10:13 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can we join MCA after completing diploma? What are the requirements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGEL.NAYANA View Post
dear friend,

You can't join in MCA after diploma . If you want to do MCA then you must be completed graduation degree.

The eligible graduation degree are BCA , BBA ,B.SC(IT,CS) ,B.SC(MATH,STAT) then you are eligible.

Also if you have completed your graduation degree with 300marks in mathematics then you are eligible for MCA.

All the best
29th February 2012, 09:40 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can we join MCA after completing diploma? What are the requirements?

dear friend,

You can't join in MCA after diploma . If you want to do MCA then you must be completed graduation degree.

The eligible graduation degree are BCA , BBA ,B.SC(IT,CS) ,B.SC(MATH,STAT) then you are eligible.

Also if you have completed your graduation degree with 300marks in mathematics then you are eligible for MCA.

All the best
6th March 2012, 08:02 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
No your not eligible for MCA course after your diploma course , To apply for MCA course you need to complete graduation then only your eligible for MCA course .

Diploma course is not equal to Under graduation course . If your aspiring to apply for MCA course then you should complete bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university . Any stream candidates like, B.com / BBA / B.sc candidates eligible to apply for this course But , You should have mathematics as a main subject in 12th or bachelor degree ,then only your eligible for MCA course . You should score minimum 60% percentage of marks .

To get admission for MCA course you have to qualified in entrance examination like, Banaras Hindu University Entrance Examination / Tamilnadu Common Entrance Test / Vellore Institute of Technology Entrance / Manipal University Entrance Examination etc.. with good percentage of marks . Based on the entrance examination you may get admission for MCA course .

So , I suggest you to first complete graduation then only your eligible to apply for MCA Course .
6th March 2012, 09:38 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

No, you can not join MCA after Diploma course.

MCA-MASTER OF COMPUTER APPLICATION is a Post Graduation course of two years duration and can be taken only after Graduation.

Required qualification for admission to MCA Course:-

-The candidate should have a graduation degree in any stream such as B.Com./B.Sc./BBA/BCA from a recognised University with 60% marks.

-The candidate should have Mathematics in 10+2 level or Graduation level.

-There is no upper age bar for admission to MCA course.

Some reputed Institution conducts entrance exam and basing on the performance of the entrance exam one may get admission to MCA course.

As you are a Diploma holder which is not a Graduation course, you ware not eligible to apply for MCA hence first you should complete your Graduation in any stream in order to be eligible for MCA course.
6th March 2012, 11:29 PM
er.skp.me

Thumbs up Re: Can we join MCA after completing diploma? What are the requirements?

Quote:
dear friend as you have done diploma your not eligible for MCA
eligibility for MCA
1.) you should have a bachelor's degree with minimum 5o%, (maths should be one of your subject in your degree), B.Sc. (maths), B.Com, BCA
(the minimum percentage may vary from college, like in some colleges minimum percentage for MCA admission is 60%, in some college its 50%)
2.) you should clear the entrance examination (PGCET, i.e. post graduation common entrance test), so that you can get admission in top colleges.

so complete your bachelor's then apply for MCA

Best of luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?