5th March 2015, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

How can I join Indian Air Force after completing B.Tech(ECE)? Requirements to join?

Sir,
I am Kumar Shreekant student of B.Tech(ECE).
my question is that,
How can I join Indian Air Force
after completing my B.Tech course
and what is the percentage marks
and other requirements for joining?

5th March 2015, 10:16 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Indian Air Force after completing B.Tech(ECE)? Requirements to join?

To join in Indian Air Force after completion of your B.Tech course, you need to appear in Combined Defence Services (CDS) examination. The CDS examination is conducted by UPSC twice a year for candidates who are interested to join in Indian Military/Naval/Air Force/Officers Training Academy.

Eligibility Criteria :-
1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Bachelor's degree with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or you must have completed Bachelor's degree in Engineering from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21-30 years old. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You must be Physically fit.

Selection Procedure :-
1. Written Test
2. Personal Interview
3. Document Verification
4. Medical Test

By qualifying in all the above mentioned rounds of CDS selection procedure, you are finally selected into Indian Air Force through Combined Defence Services.
5th March 2015, 11:17 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Indian Air Force after completing B.Tech(ECE)? Requirements to join?

B.Tech graduates can join Indian Air Force as flying officer in Flying branch and Aeronautical engineer in Technical branch.

There are three modes in Flying branch and two modes in Technical branch through which a B.Tech graduate can join Indian Air Force.

FLYING BRANCH :

Combined Defence Service Examination (CDSE) :

* This exam is only for Unmarried Male candidates.

* There will be Psychological tests, group tests and Personal Interview for candidates who qualify in the written examination.

* Age limit between 19 to 23 years can apply for this exam.

National Cadet Corps Special Entry :

* This scheme is only for the Unmarried male students who have 'C' certificate in NCC air wing senior Division.

* Minimum of 60% is required for B.Tech course to apply through this scheme.

* Age limit between 19 to 23 years can apply for this special entry scheme.

Flying (Pilot) Short Service Commission :

* Both Unmarried men and women can apply for this post if they possess 60% during their B.Tech course.

* Candidates should qualify in Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT).

* Age limit between 19 to 23 years can apply for this exam.

TECHNICAL BRANCH :

Direct Entry Scheme :

* Both men and women can apply for this direct entry scheme.

* Their age should be between 18 years and 28 years.

* To apply for this scheme, one should have 60% in their B.Tech course.

* Candidate should qualify for the AFCAT exam.

University Entry Scheme (UES) :

* Candidates who are studying in final semester of B.Tech course can apply for this scheme.

* Candidates should have aggregate of 60% in all the semesters.

* Candidate should not have any backlogs during the previous semesters.

* Candidate should qualify for the AFCAT exam.
6th March 2015, 01:03 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am Kumar Shreekant student of B.Tech(ECE).
my question is that,
How can I join Indian Air Force
after completing my B.Tech course
and what is the percentage marks
and other requirements for joining?
Since Indian Air Force (IAF) is one of the Primary face of Indian Armed Forces, the selection is based on the Written Exam, Physical Fitness and Interview.

-> You can join in Indian Indian Air Force wing through CDS entrance exam after completing B. Tech course. Those candidates who have completed their graduation in Engineering or Science stream are eligible.

-> Applicant age should be in between 19 years to 23 years and there is no age relaxation will ne given for any category students.

-> Applicant must Physically fit and should be Unmarried male candidate.

Physical Requirements:

-Minimum height: 162.5cm
-Length of leg- 99 - 120cm
-Length of thighs- 64cm (maximum)
-Eyesight- 6/6, 6/9

The final selections in the concerned enlistment shall be done constructed on the following exams directed –Written Exam, Physical Fitness Test (PFT), Interview and Medical Examination correspondingly.
Official website - www.upsc.gov.in/
6th March 2015, 01:20 PM
smithapriya

In order to get into Indian Air Force you have to attend a CDS entrance exam conducted by UPSC twice in a year.
The basic eligibility is candidate should be a graduate from the recognized university with minimum of 60% marks and have passed Mathematics and Physics at 10+2 levels.
Interested aspirants can apply for the specified post by attending the recruitment rally. The selection procedure will be based on the written exam, physical fitness and interview.

Candidates shortlisted after the initial selection procedure such as the AFCAT exam go through a rigorous training at one of the Air Force training.

For more details refer official website www.upsc.gov.in
6th March 2015, 04:14 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

After completing graduation, you are eligible to apply for Indian Air Force. To join Indian Air Force, you need to crack the CDS and AFCAT Examination.

CDS i.e Combined Defence Service Examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year for recruitment who have interested in Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer Training Academy.

Air Force Eligibility :

-> Applicant should have passed Degree or B.E/B.Tech from a recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at intermediate level.

-> No percentage bar is there to apply.

-> Final year of degree course may also eligible to apply.

AFCAT i.e Air Force Common Admission Test is conducted by Indian Air Force twice in a year for admission to Flying Branch, Technical Branch and Ground Duty Branch.

Flying Branch :

-> Applicant should have passed Degree or B.E/B.Tech from a recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at intermediate level.

-> Applicant must have secured at least 60% marks in aggregate all papers.

-> Applicant age should between 20 years to 24 years.

-> Minimum Acceptable height is 162.5 cms.

Technical Branch :

-> Applicant should have passed Aeronautical Engineering in Electronics or Mechanical from a recognized University.

-> Applicant must have secured at least 60% marks in aggregate all papers.

-> Applicant age should between 20 years to 26 years.

-> Minimum Acceptable height is 157.5 cms.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?