18th April 2014, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do MCA after Diploma?

Hello,
i m doing diploma in CE after 10th.. is it possible to do MCA after completing the Diploma? if yes please tell me about the scope..
i'll be very thankful to you for this..

Related Questions:
  1. How can the diploma holders take admission in MCA or MBA?
  2. Can I do MCA and diploma after completing B.Com
  3. Is MCA a better option or should I do another course? Registered MCA colleges in Mumbai?
  4. Is it possible to join MCA after doing diploma in computer engineering?
  5. Which subject should I choose in 11th class if my ultimate goal is civil services? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. For which posts can I apply in Railways? I have done MCA as well as diploma in IT
  7. Am I eligible for Infosys Campus Placement after scoring 87% in 10th, 82% in 12th and 65% in B.Tech?
  8. Is it possible to do MCA after Diploma? Scope after completing the course? -- [New]
  9. MCA program eligibility in JNU, BHU, DU for Diploma Holders (3 years) in Software Engineering?
  10. Required eligibility criteria to get job in Infosys for B.Tech CSE candidate?
  11. Which profession will suit on me either teaching or IT sector after completion of my MCA degree? I have done diploma in CSE and then I done B.Sc-IT from PTU, Jalandhar? Currently, I am pursuing MCA degree from PTU, Jalandhar
  12. Am I eligible for Infosys having secured 80% in 10th, 80%in 12th and 68% in B.E. till 5th semester with one arrear? Maximum number of arrears allowed at Infosys?
  13. Eligibility criteria to apply for Infosys being a candidate of B.Tech Final Year?
  14. In which universities can I apply for MCA while in diploma in computer engineering?
  15. Short term diploma courses after doing MCA?
  16. Can MCA be done through correspondence? If so, is it valuable?
  17. Can I get a job in a company after passing computer engineering diploma? Or Can I do diploma after MCA degree?
  18. Am I eligible for MCA course from IGNOU after doing 3 years diploma in CSE from UBTE?
13th May 2014, 01:11 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do MCA after Diploma?

I am extremely sorry to state that it is not possible to pursue MCA right after completion of diploma course. You need to have a graduation degree in order to pursue post graduation course, which is MCA in your case. SO after completion of your diploma course, pursue graduation course and then you can opt for MCA course. It will be better if you pursue your graduation course- BCA or Bachelor of Computer applications. After completion of that, you can opt for MCA and it will not be difficult for you to pursue MCA since you would have done the fundamentals of the course in your BCA course. There is a huge scope of MCA aspirants in the IT sector. Almost every IT companies have job openings for MCA candidates.
14th May 2014, 12:50 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do MCA after Diploma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
i m doing diploma in CE after 10th.. is it possible to do MCA after completing the Diploma? if yes please tell me about the scope..
i'll be very thankful to you for this..
Hey friend,

MCA stands for Master of Computer Applications

This is a Post Graduate course and this course is of a duration of 3 years consisting of 6 semesters.And to tell about the query which you have asked about joining in MCA course,it is not possible as with the qualification which you possess.

The reason behind this is that you are ineligible as regarding the Education qualification because the candidate should have completed a Undergraduate Degree with Mathematics as subject for joining in MCA course.

But as you have only completed Diploma you are ineligible for applying for the MCA course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?