15th September 2011, 12:41 PM

Am I eligible for UGC computer science exam after doing MSc CS with 52% from Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar

I have done M.sc(CS) with 52% marks from guru nanak dev university, amritsar, punjab, india.Am I eligible for UGC Computer science Exam ? if no then what should i do as i want to become a lecturer

Related Questions:
  1. How to do M.A in History as private from Guru Nanak Dev university, Amritsar?
  2. Should I take admission in Guru Nanak Dev university or should i prefer PTU for M.Tech in computer science?
  3. Procedure of admission in BSc Physics course in Guru Nanak Dev University Amritsar? Can we apply online?
  4. Can i get admission in government institute after scoring 980 rank?
  5. Which university is better among Calcutta University, Punjabi University, Thapar University and Guru Nanak Dev University?
  6. How to get admission in M.A in Psychology in Guru Nanak Dec University Amritsar?
  7. Is it possible to do PhD in Urdu from Guru Nanak Dev University?
  8. What is the procedure for admission in M.A in Psychology from Guru Nank Dev University Amritsar
  9. List of good colleges offering BSc Biotechnology in Ludhiana?
  10. How can I get admission to study PhD in Zoology at Punjab University after M.Sc from Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar? -- [New]
  11. Which institute to join for diploma in electrical engineering?
  12. Will I be able to get admission in Guru Nanak Dev university after scoring 156 marks in AIEEE?
  13. Procedure to get admission in BSc Hons in Guru Nanak Dev University Amritsar? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How may I do MBA from GNDU? How may I get information about entrance exams? I've done B.Com with 54% marks from a college affiliated to guru nanak dev university Amritsar
  15. What are the career opportunities and future prospects available for M.Sc(Nano Science & Technology) students from GNDU Amritsar??
  16. How to take admission in BBA 1st year in Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar?
  17. List and details of colleges offering courses in Medical and Commerce?
  18. How to get admission in BSc biotech?
6th June 2012, 12:22 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for UGC computer science exam after doing MSc CS with 52% from Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I have done M.sc(CS) with 52% marks from guru nanak dev university, amritsar, punjab, india.Am I eligible for UGC Computer science Exam ? if no then what should i do as i want to become a lecturer
You have scored less than 55% Marks in your Post graduation, So if you are belong to general category, OBC Category, then you are not eligible for NET Examination. To apply for this examination you must have scored minimum 55% Marks in your Post graduate degree course. Final year appearing candidates are also eligible for NET Examination.

This examination is conducted by UGC, Twice in a year and the examination is conducted in June and December Every year. For this year June NET Examination is going to be conducted soon on 24/June/2012. The Notification of December NET Examination will be Published soon in the month of October.

Eligible candidates may fill the application form of NET examination Online only.

But, you are not eligible because you have scored less than 55% Marks in your Post graduation. So please apply for another examination, for more details check official website.

http://ugcnetonline.in
6th June 2012, 01:18 PM
hemant.pm2212

Default Re: Am I eligible for UGC computer science exam after doing MSc CS with 52% from Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

As you have secured 52% in post graduation so, you are not eligible. However, if you belong to SC/ST/PH/V category then you can apply because under these category min 50% in needed.
Even if you don't qualify, don't worry. If you seriously want to become lecturer then you can again go for study. There are some university which offer advance M.Tec on computer science whose requirement ranges from BTec/BE to MCA or MS in computer. You can go for it and again come out with flying colour and become eligible for NET lecturer. After doing this you might get preference in interview or job for being advance MTec.

Best of luck.
6th June 2012, 04:48 PM
love_mylove

hi dear,
Net exam require minimum 55% in post graduation,and u got less then 55% in your post graduation.So you can not appear in net examination.
for more detail check following site
http://ugcnetonline.in
19th June 2012, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

i have done MSc IT from PTU under lateral entry scheme and passed it with 73% marks am i eligible for NET or do i require to go for MCA to become eligible
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?