29th October 2011, 01:28 PM
rajan222484

Can I be eligible for Civils having completed Graduation in 7 years with 47%?

hello sir i joined my graduation in 2004 and i completed my graduation in 2011. and my percentage is 47%. can i eligible civils

30th October 2011, 01:22 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I be eligible for Civils having completed Graduation in 7 years with 47%?

Dear Friend

You are definitely eligible for Civil Services Examination as far as educational
qualification is concerned.
Civil Services Examination allows graduates(passed with any percentage) of all
stream, to apply for the exam.

Apart from this, you must fulfill the other eligibility criteria e.g. Age Limit, Citizenship etc.

As you are aiming for civil services you should start your preparation as early as possible.

The notification for the next Civil Services Examination should be available by 4th Feb 2011.

http://upsc.gov.in/
30th October 2011, 02:40 AM
abhin91
Member+

Default Re: Can I be eligible for Civils having completed Graduation in 7 years with 47%?

The education qualification for civil services exam states that you should be a graduate from a recognized university. it doesnt say anything for marks or percentage requirement. so this means you are eligible.
Age limit for general category is 21-30 years.
30th October 2011, 07:29 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear
here you did not mention you are general or other cast
ok i here give the criteria for exam:-

*Candidate pass graduation
*Candidate must be an INDIAN
*Age- 21 to 30 years
age relaxation on SC/ST candidate 5 year relaxation
OBC candidate 3 years relaxation

*Maximum time attempts 4 times for general candidate
7 times for OBC candidate
No limits for Sc/St candidate

Books for preparation:-

Good Luck.................
30th October 2011, 09:09 AM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Can I be eligible for Civils having completed Graduation in 7 years with 47%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajan222484 View Post
hello sir i joined my graduation in 2004 and i completed my graduation in 2011. and my percentage is 47%. can i eligible civils

Yes . you are eligible for civil services examination as far as educational and marks criteria is concerned because there is nothing like any percentage criteria in civil services and they need only graduation degree from any stream to appear in civil services exam.

The eligibility criteria in details are as follows :
  • Educational Qualification- Graduation with any stream
  • AGE- 21 to 30 for general category, upto 33 for OBC and upto 35 years for SC/ST
  • Number of permissible attempts- 4 for general category , 7 for OBC and Unlimited for Sc/St
  • For more information , please visit the official website -http://www.upsc.gov.in

With Regards
rchauhan294
30th October 2011, 09:20 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear Friend,

There is no marks criteria for the Civil Service Examination.It does not matter in how many years you pass the graduation but what matters is the age if you are under 30 years of age then you can definitely apply and appear in the civil service examination.

Best Wishes......
30th October 2011, 11:20 AM
cyber-india

Dear,
You are eligible for UPSC after having the graduation degree. Its no matter whether u are having the 47% are 60%. for more details visit the UPSC website www.upsc.gov.in
30th October 2011, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

hello sir my friend has completed is graduation in 7 years with many attempts.. and is percentage is 60%..can he attend ips exam... if he clears exam then will his marks in degree will affect him during selection process...
3rd November 2011, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

i am dilpoma in EEE comleted Am i eligible?
4th November 2011, 11:10 AM
susmitarani sethi
Member+

Dear Friend

You are definitely eligible for Civil Services Examination as far as educational

Apart from this, you must fulfill the other eligibility criteria e.g. Age Limit, Citizenship etc.

As you are aiming for civil services you should start your preparation as early as possible.

The notification for the next Civil Services Examination should be available by 4th Feb 2011.
refer

4th November 2011, 11:17 AM
susmitarani sethi
Member+

Dear Friend

refer

4th November 2011, 06:16 PM
miiky

1.Candidate pass graduation
2.Candidate must be an INDIAN
3.Age- 21 to 30 years

(i)Maximum time attempts 4 times for general candidate

you must fulfill the other eligibility criteria e.g. Age Limit, Citizenship etc.
4th November 2011, 06:17 PM
miiky

1.Candidate pass graduation
2.Candidate must be an INDIAN
3.Age- 21 to 30 years

(i)Maximum time attempts 4 times for general candidate

you must fulfill the other eligibility criteria e.g. Age Limit, Citizenship etc.
9th December 2011, 07:25 PM
tariqlko01

Yes you are eligible to write the entrance of civil services even though you have completed your graduation in 7 years.
The eligibility criteria does not put any restriction on the number of years one has taken to complete the graduation provided you have not crossed the age limit.
So study hard for this exam as it is the toughest exam in India.
The age limit is as such:
30 years for general
33 years for OBC
35 years for SC/ST.

GOOD LUCK.
26th December 2011, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

i am B.A.final year student can apply civils?
27th December 2011, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

I completed MCA, ComputerScience is not a optional subject in the Civil Exam. I have a great confusion, which subjects are prepared for the civil exam.
please clear my confusion,How will I prepare? which subjects shall I prepare for Civil Exam?
8th January 2012, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

sir it is possible to be a civil servant in one year preparation with coaching?
7th February 2012, 05:44 PM
Ashwinkumar Hallikar

what is your age so i can tell your eligibility
7th February 2012, 09:33 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Definitely you will be eligible to apply for Civil service exam with your present qualification.

Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC every year for recruitment to the top post in various administrative Dept. of Govt. of India.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having appeared for the final graduation degree exam or passed from any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years age. The upper age is relaxed for OBC category candidate up to 3 years and that for SC/ST/PH category up to 5 years, is eligible to apply for Civil Service Exam. There is no requirement of any percentage of marks for application to Civil Service exam.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT- Civil Service Aptitude Test- Preliminary exam which comprises of all objective tupe questions.

Civil Service Main Exam. which comprises of all subjective type questions.

Personal Interview.

With the above qualification criteria you can attempt this exam four times according to your age if you are a general candidate which is up to 7 attempts in case of OBC candidate and no such limits for SCC/ST/PH category candidates.

For more information you can log on to official web site of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in
8th February 2012, 01:03 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, my friend you are definitely eligible for the civil service exam.

Eligibility for the civil service exam:-

1.Candidate has to complete the graduation in any trade from a recognized university.
No such percentage criteria is necessary..

2.Candidates age should be in between 21-30 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

3.Candidate must be a citizen of India.

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill.

As you have done your graduation then you are eligible for the exam, it does not matter that how long it takes to complete the graduation..

All the best.
8th February 2012, 10:59 AM
farazh

Re: Can I be eligible for Civils having completed Graduation in 7 years with 47%?

Yes, you are eligible for civil services examination as far as educational and marks criteria
is concerned because there is nothing like any percentage criteria in civil services and they
need only graduation degree from any stream to appear in civil services exam.
The eligibility criteria in details are as follows :
• Educational Qualification- Graduation with any stream
• AGE- 21 to 30 for general category, upto 33 years for OBC and upto 35 years for SC/ST
• Number of permissible attempts- 4 for general category , 7 for OBC and Unlimited for Sc/St
• For more information , please visit the official website -http://www.upsc.gov.in

With Regards
FARAZ
8th February 2012, 12:49 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

The eligibility criteria for appearing in Civil service exam are

1. You must be an Indian citizen.
2. You must have completed your graduation.
3. Your age must be above 21years and below 30years.

You are an Indian Citizen and you have completed your graduation. I am sure that your age must be above 21years. Thus you are eligible for appearing in civil service exam provided that you age is below 30years.
15th February 2012, 06:55 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI,
I am happy to inform you that you are eligible for Civil Services exam after passing the graduation with 47%...

Civil services exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year..
There are total about 900 seats...

You can fill the form you only for Civil services 2012..

CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) EXAM., 2012
Date of notification:-04.02.2012
Last Date of receipt of form:- 05.03.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam:- 20.05.2012(SUNDAY)

CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAM., 2012
Date of exam:- 05.10.2012(FRIDAY)

GOOD LUCK!
19th February 2012, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

sir,am in b.tech final year and i have 2 backlocks am i eligible to write prilims
15th March 2012, 08:12 PM
ramandeep.2dec

No, you are not eligible for Civil Exams Preliminary as you are not graduate till
Minimum Educational Qualifications are:
The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.

Age :- 21 years to 35 years, age relaxation for reserved candidates as per Govt guide lines i.e 3 years in upper limit for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

No. of Attempts:- 4 for General , no limit for reserved categories.
26th March 2012, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

Cool Re: Can I be eligible for Civils having completed Graduation in 7 years with 47%?

Quote:
no problem if u have completed. the thing is graduation is just a qualification to appear in exam. it is your calibre which decides selection, not the qualification. so stop hesitating and face the exam boldly. all the best.
27th March 2012, 05:56 PM
shirley_schmidt

Your age is right now 20 , so your eligible for medical entrance exam .
Actually for these entrance exam the age limit is above 18years members can apply for medical entrance exam .
For these exam you must prepare for EAMCET exam these coaching will give by intermediate sir s only in the college it self there will give.
But in intermediate you must choose only with science stream that is BiPC (Biology, physics and chemistry).
The exam parent is 160 question with 160 marks , if you get above 100 marks you can get in good college.
If suppose you didnt get set in counselling , you can get the seat by payment , for four years fees is around 15lacks and above.

If you interest in pharmacy side you can go , or you can also go for Bio-technology.

All the best........
28th September 2012, 06:38 PM
tvidyasagar82

1st October 2012, 12:01 AM
royal.heart

Hi dear,

Thanks
12th October 2012, 10:44 PM
Unregistered

i am studding 3rd btech but due to some resons i was detain in this year that means my degree takes time 5years to complete my btech am i eligible to prepare for civils that my friends said that having break in btech(1year gap) Question?
20th May 2015, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir,

Do i have to be a domicile of assam or have a permanent residence of assam to sit for Assam public service commision?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?