9th February 2012, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IAS/Civils after completing MBA marketing in December with BSc Background?

hello sir! im manu from hyderabad. I have completed MBA marketing in dec, 2010 with Bsc background. Am i eligible for IAS/Civils?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do CS after pursuing MBA in distance MBA field?
  2. Am i eligible to join ICSI course after completing MBA finance with BSc Background
  3. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completing B.Com and MBA?
  4. Am I eligible for FCI management trainee after completing BSc computer science with 56%
  5. How to prepare for civil judge after completing BSc and MBA with marketing?
  6. Am I eligible for Law course after completing BSc(Computer Science) and MBA(Marketing)? How should I apply for the law course?
  7. Which are the best courses after completing MBA in marketing? I am a MBA marketing and finance qualified student
  8. Eligibility of doing masters in Marketing being from a Finance background? -- [New]
  9. Career Options available in USA for Indian Dentists? Which course is better for me between Hospital Management and Oral Health Research?
  10. After completing MBA in Marketing from deemed university how to get jobs? How to get jobs easily in abroad countries?
  11. What does MBA in a subject simply mean? For which subjects am I eligible to pursue MBA after completing BSc in Zoology
  12. Am I eligible to give any entrance exam after completing PG diploma in marketing with 68%
  13. What does MBA in a subject simply mean? Am I eligible to pursue MBA after completing BSc in Zoology?
  14. Is MBA in Port and Shipping a good course for commerce background students? What are the job opportunities available after completing the course?
  15. How to apply for admission in CSJM university? I want private admission B.A II year in Kanpur University -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Am I eligible for B.Ed course after completing MBA Part time with finance and marketing
  17. Will I get Job in Administration field after completion of MBA course being a candidate from Science background?
  18. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completing MBA in finance
10th February 2012, 07:31 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS/Civils after completing MBA marketing in December with BSc Background?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello sir! im manu from hyderabad. I have completed MBA marketing in dec, 2010 with Bsc background. Am i eligible for IAS/Civils?
Yes, You are eligible for this year UPSC Civil services examination because to apply for this examination you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised University because Graduation is the minimum eligibility to apply for this examination.

And you have already completed your Graduation from a recognised University.

To apply for this examination, You must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years, The upper age limit will be relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST candidates, by 3 years for candidates of OBC.

You will get limited attempts to cracked this examination and if you failed to cracked this examination within the given limits then you cant apply for this examination again in future.

Number of Attempts :
-------------------

>> For General candidates : 4 Attempts
>> For OBC Candidates : 7 Attempts
>> For SC/ST : No Limits

The last date of apply for this examination is 05/Mach/2012

Preliminary examination will be held on 20/May/2012.

So, If you are Interested in this examination, then please fill the application form online soon before the last date and for more information please check official website :

http://upsc.gov.in

Apply Online : Click Here
Attached Files
File Type: pdf upsc civil services 2012.pmd.pdf(327.3 KB, 220 views)
10th February 2012, 07:52 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS/Civils after completing MBA marketing in December with BSc Background?

Quote:
Yes , You are applicable for IAS exam.This exam is conducted by UPSC through Civil Service Exam.Every year in twice time it will be announced.

You can apply IAS exam through your B.Sc degree.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

The IAS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Inter View.

CSAT means IAS exam date already announced so if you are interested to IAS exam then fill up the online form.

CSAT EXAM DATE:-

Civil Services Preliminary Exam, 2012
Date of notification: 04-02-2012
Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 05-03-2012
Date of Exam: 20-05-2012
Civil Services Main Exam, 2012
Date of Commencement of Exam: 05-10-2012

For more details about IAS/CSAT exam click on the link http://ww.upsc.gov.in

For Online Application Please clcik on the link http://www.onlinecsat.com/

10th February 2012, 09:44 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for IAS/Civil Service exam as you have already completed your graduation degree.

IAS - INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE, to become an IAS officer you have to appear for the Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having appeared for the final graduation degree exam or passed from any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years age. The upper age is relaxed for OBC category candidate up to 3 years and that for SC/ST/PH category up to 5 years, is eligible to apply for Civil Service Exam.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT- Civil Service Aptitude Test- Preliminary exam which comprises of all objective tupe questions.

Civil Service Main Exam. which comprises of all subjective type questions.

Personal Interview.

With the above qualification criteria you can attempt this exam four times according to your age if you are a general candidate which is up to 7 attempts in case of OBC candidate and no such limits for SCC/ST/PH category candidates.

The registration process of Civil Service exam is going on now the last date to submit application is 05.03.2012 followed by CSAT-Preliminary exam on 20.05.2012.

For more information you can log on to official web site of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in
10th February 2012, 10:46 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI,
Yes you can apply for I.A.S exam after passing the graduation..

Age limit in I.A.S:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

Number of Attempts in I.A.S:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) EXAM., 2012
Date of notification:-04.02.2012
Last Date of receipt of form:- 05.03.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam:- 20.05.2012(SUNDAY)

CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAM., 2012
Date of exam:- 05.10.2012(FRIDAY)

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK!
27th March 2012, 01:45 AM
Unregistered

does a first year MBA student write the CIVILS EXAM ???? is he eligible
10th May 2012, 10:50 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

UPSC Civil services examination because to apply for this examination you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised University because Graduation is the minimum eligibility to apply for this examination.And you have already completed your Graduation from a recognised University.
To apply for this examination, You must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years, The upper age limit will be relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST candidates, by 3 years for candidates of OBC.
CSAT- Civil Service Aptitude Test- Preliminary exam which comprises of all objective tupe questions.Civil Service Main Exam. which comprises of all subjective type questions.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?