11th November 2011, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

Qualifications required for Lateral Entry B.Tech examination?

Sir..,
Iam a ITI hoder in mechanical .Do you Know i have write latral entry btec examination.and i have passed the nonscience group.plz tell me the qualifications of the latral entry btec examination. Thank u

Related Questions:
  1. How much % required in Diploma course to get into lateral entry?
  2. List of entrance exams to study B.Tech for Diploma in CSE student?
  3. Can I do B.Tech abroad after completing diploma 3 years course?
  4. How can I get admission to study B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) after completing Diploma course?
  5. How to join a college as a lateral entry candidate?
  6. What is the qualification required to apply for Kerala Lateral Entry Test?
  7. Best course for Diploma in Mechanical holder?
  8. After diploma what should I take for admission in degree? Procedure for D2D admission? Is there any entrance exam to take admission in Gujarat?
  9. What should I study further after completion of Mechanical Diploma course?
  10. Is it possible to study EEE for a candidate after completion of ECE Diploma?
  11. Is it possible to do B.Tech from AICTE approved college after doing diploma in Civil engineering? Names and address of the colleges?
  12. List of entrance exams available to study B.Tech Aerospace for Diploma Electrical Engineer?
  13. How to take lateral entry in 2nd year in WB colleges?
  14. List of government B.Tech colleges providing lateral entry in B.Tech course? What is the admission process and what are the documents required for admission and the fee structure?
  15. What should i do to join B.Tech after Diploma in ECE?
  16. How to take admission in engineering college after completing diploma?
  17. Is Polytechnic diploma equivalent to intermediate? Can I seek admission in BSc degree? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Courses available to study in B.Tech for Electronics Diploma holder? -- [New]
13th November 2011, 03:45 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Qualifications required for Lateral Entry B.Tech examination?

to appear in B.tech lateral entry entrance examination you should have minimum of diploma in engineering degree. after completion of ITI you are not eligible to appear in lateral entry entrance examination.

as you have not done your 12th from science stream so you are not eligible for direct engineering entrance examination to take admission in B.Tech. so at this stage if you want to take admission in B.tech then first you have to take admission in diploma in engineering. after completion of your diploma appear in lateral entry entrance examination and if you can clear the lateral entry entrance examination then according to your rank you will get chance to take admission directly in second year of B.tech in a institution. you will be able to choose any branch of engineering according to your rank.

best wishes.
13th November 2011, 03:55 PM
madhu madne

Thumbs up Re: Qualifications required for Lateral Entry B.Tech examination?

Hi

Sorry, you can't take admission on the based on your ITI.

You have take first admission to the Polytechnic in 2nd year then only you can apply for the B.Tech.So do your Poly then go for B.Tech

ALL THE BEST
13th November 2011, 08:05 PM
VegaSridhar

Hi firend,

To join B.Tech there are two ways.

1. You should have completed 12th with Mathematics background.
2. If you are not 12th, then you could have completed Diploma with Maths and science background.

Now coming to your case, you did ITI in mechanical engineering but not diploma. ITI students are not eligible for direct entry in to B.Tech.

Now the option left with you to join B.Tech is FIRST COMPLETE DIPLOMA and then write COMMON ENTRANCE TEST of the respective state for ex: In Andhra Pradesh it is ECET (ENGINEERING COMMON ADMISSION TEST).

All the best
13th November 2011, 08:24 PM
gkumar13000

for lateral entry in btech you should possess aminimum
diploma in engineering,.then u will get admissions in 2nd year of engineering.
best of luck
13th November 2011, 09:06 PM
vasu.vats

your qualification is not enough to become eligible to appearing in exam for lateral entry b.tech. A polytechnic diploma holder or a b.sc student is eligible to do so. Firstly you have to take admission in diploma second year in polytechnic. so wish u good luck.
16th December 2011, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

i am 12th passed with scienc in biology but no mathmatic ,but i want to make b tech engineer.please kindly tell me any solution for this problem.thank u
14th April 2012, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

i have diploma in printing technology is it enough for admission in second year b tech printing technology
24th May 2012, 09:04 AM
Unregistered

sir iam in sc community
minimum marks required in diploma for b-tech lateral entry in kerala
17th July 2012, 10:17 AM
Unregistered

iam a part time polytecnic student in mechanical engineering,what should i do for getting admission in b.tec
28th July 2012, 07:40 PM
dilshadwap4

SIr i but most of the Btech demands 3 year Diploma,and on the basis of ITI,it will be 2 year diploma that i hve done.
m i elegible for B tech.(by lateral entry system)
[/COLOR]
6th October 2012, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

Sir,can a b.se student get admission in b.tech with lateral entry?
7th October 2012, 10:38 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

Lateral entry means that you are directly admitted to the second year of bachelor of engineering.

For lateral entry into B.tech you have to give LEET examination which stands for the Lateral Entry Entrance Test.

The required qualification for the LEET examinations is :

>>You should have done your diploma in any stream from a recognised college with minimum 60% of marks.

So,dear with ITI you are not applicable to to give LEET examinations so as to enter into bachelor of technology.

There are two options for you:

First one you should complete your diploma after ITI then you may go for the LEET examinations .

Second is that you may also go for 10+2 after which you will have lots of option for entry in to the B.tech.

After this you will be able to give examinations like :

1.AIEEE

2.IIT JEE

3.and various state engineering examinations

Hope the information helps you.

all the best

aashisranjan784
7th October 2012, 12:52 PM
karan 555

Smile Re: Qualifications required for Lateral Entry B.Tech examination?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir..,
Iam a ITI hoder in mechanical .Do you Know i have write latral entry btec examination.and i have passed the nonscience group.plz tell me the qualifications of the latral entry btec examination. Thank u
Hi friend,

Since you are ITI holder,so you firstly need to complete your Diploma course and after completing your Diploma course you will be eligible for Lateral entry in Engineering degree

Eligibility conditions for Lateral entry are:
  • You must have completed your Diploma course with minimum 60% marks in Engineering from a recognized State Board of Technical Education.
  • You must not have any backlog left in Diploma course.
  • Your age must not be more than 28 years

Most prestigious Engineering Colleges offering Lateral entry admissions are:

Punjab University,Chandigarh.

Punjabi University,Patiala.

Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology,Patiala.

Guru Gobind Singh IP University,Delhi.

Sant Longoval Institute of Engineering and Technology,Sangrur.

Harcourt Butler Technological Institute,Kanpur.

Punjab Technical University,Jallandhar.

KIITS University,Orrissa.

Chitkara University,Chandigarh.

Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute of Technology,Delhi

Amity School of Engineering and Technology,Noida

Delhi Technological University,Delhi.

Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology,Delhi.

Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College,Ludhiana

DAV Institute of Engineering and Technology,Jallandhar.

SBS College of Engineering and Technology,Ferozepur.

All the best
7th October 2012, 01:48 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

hello
To join B.Tech there are two ways.

1. You should have completed 12th with Mathematics background.
2. If you are not 12th, then you could have completed Diploma with Maths and science background.

Now coming to your case, you did ITI in mechanical engineering but not diploma. ITI students are not eligible for direct entry in to B.Tech.

Now the option left with you to join B.Tech is FIRST COMPLETE DIPLOMA and then write COMMON ENTRANCE TEST of the respective state for ex: In Andhra Pradesh it is ECET (ENGINEERING COMMON ADMISSION TEST).
3rd November 2012, 11:33 PM
Unregistered

is it is possible for part time diploma holders to appear lateral entry exam for b tech
16th November 2012, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

Sir ,i am the final semester student of diploma in comp. sc and engg. I want to know in which month the application form for LEET and CET in various reputed technical colleges will be published? Plz provide relevant information regarding my query.
16th November 2012, 05:47 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

My friend, you can not get lateral entry into B.Tech. For lateral entry, you should have either diploma in Engineering or Bachelor of Science degree to be eligible. ITI holders are not eligible to get admission for the B.Tech course.

You won't be able to take direct admission as well since you are non science candidate. Unfortunately it is not possible for you to seek lateral entry into Engineering course.

The lateral entry gets candidate admission into the second year of B.Tech course. The diploma and B.Sc students only can take advantage of this scheme. Most colleges offer admission under lateral entry scheme by reservering a percentage of seats. While other colleges like the IITs don't offer lateral entry at all.

The admission procedure of lateral entry varies from college to college. Most colleges accept candidates through LEET entrance exam. There are some colleges that conducts their own entrance exam while some colleges even offer admission on merit.

To take admission you must have scored at least 50/60 percent marks in diploma or the Bachelor of Science course. Please remember that IIT-JEE, AIEEE etc exams are not for lateral entry students. These are conducted for candidates who have completed 12th with PCM as the subjects.

As you can see by reading above that you do not qualify for admission into B.Tech with ITI degree. The option in front of you is to first complete diploma course from a polytechic university after which you can apply for B.Tech. Below are some colleges where you can seek admission.

Thapar Polytechnic,Patiala

Government Polytechnic for Girls,Ludhiana

Hindustan Academy,Bangalore

Government Polytechnic,Amravati

SBSCET Polytechnic,Punjab

Adesh Polytechnic ,Pune

Anjuman Polytechnic College ,Nagpur

MEI Polytechnic,Bangalore
15th February 2013, 07:50 AM
Unregistered

My son now reading for KGCE in automobile 2year course in a private reccognised institution. They said that after succesful complition, a dipoma certificate will be awarded to him frm Kerala state board of tech education . Is it consider as eligibility for lateral entry exam or second year admission in any politechnic college in kerala or any other states.
31st March 2013, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

what is the rank required for lateral entery in b tech in goverment institute
15th May 2013, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

i m d student of 10 2 of scince from Nepal.i sequred 59.8% in grade 11 n till now 12th result not published but i wil surly pased.how can i admit in B.Tec of any colege of india.
16th May 2013, 12:39 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,

The LEET stands for Lateral Entry Entrance Exam and this is conducted by the state govt examination for admission in B.Tech/B.E program directly in 2nd year. For attending the LEET entrance exam required requirements are given bellow:

First of required educational qualifications are you must completed the 3 years diploma in any specialization course with minimum 60% of marks from recognized university and here maximum age limit should be 28 years.
Selection Procedure :

Admission in B.Tech 2nd years, the selection procedure is based on the marks secured at LEET entrance exam and this entrance exam is divided in to two sections, first section containing the objective type question with 4 multiple choice questions from Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Communicative English and General Awareness.

All the best....................
5th March 2014, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

Sir i completed diploma engg in civil after completing 10 2(sc)..which marks will vary for lateral entry in b.tech civil engg?
3rd June 2014, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

If a person is doing btech from any private university and he want to apply for b tech lateral entry provision to get admission in 2nd year..what is the procedure please reply soon...
17th June 2014, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

If a person is doing btech from any private university and he want to apply for b tech lateral entry provision to get admission in 2nd year..what is the procedure please reply soon...
30th June 2014, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

can a madhyamik candidate after passing polytechnic give lateral exam ?
please reply.
18th February 2015, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

HELLO
I PASSED DIPLOMA IN BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING FROM GOVT POLYTECHNIC COLLEGE VECHUCHIRA,KERALA.HOW WILL I GET ADMISSION IN BTECH BIOMEDICALENGINEERING IN GOVT ENGG COLLEGE GANDHINAGAR?
26th May 2015, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

Whether 2 years working experience is essential for doing B.E as part time (lateral entry) in Anna University,TAMIL NADU?
15th July 2015, 11:15 AM
Unregistered

I have passed my 12th with pcm stream and taken admission in be and completed my first year. am I eligible for btech lateral entry
18th July 2015, 01:52 AM
Unregistered

heloo sir,
i doing diploma in electronics engineering(medical electronics),can i get the admission in btech through lateral entry in aeronautical engineering
23rd August 2015, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
I would like to know that can i gate admission throw lateral entry after completing my diploma in mechanical engineering i had done diploma 3 years before. Is 3 year gap will allow? If my age is now 22 year?
6th March 2016, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

Sir i m doing a engineering diploma in Auto Electric & Electronics Specialization-Automobile from Community college Uttarakhand.Can i get a right to admission in B.tech through Lateral entry Xam
29th April 2016, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

Sir I m doing polytechnic from group I . I am eligible for lateral entry in b.tech 2nd year
4th May 2016, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

Sir I m doing a Diploma of 3 years in Automobile sector from COMMUNITY COLLEGE UTTARAKHAND, I want to knw dat I have a permission or not to Give a Leet Xam for B.tech
4th June 2016, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

I have completed 3rd year diploma, but have 2 subjects lack logs of 3rd sem. Can i have take admission in B Tech?
4th May 2017, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

Hello dear, Please tell me that I have passed my 12th as regular and also I have an two years polytechnic diploma (lateral entry). Is I'm eligible for LEET exam...??
11th June 2017, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

Sir I m Perusing Diploma in Civil Engineering From Jharkhand, I want to take Admission in UP B.Tech college Through Lateral Entry .
Am I eligible to take Admission ?? Since,i am studying in Other state. But my Native Place is UP and my parents are also a resident of UP . Am I eligible to take Admission ???
12th June 2017, 02:16 PM
GopinKumar

Smile Re: Qualifications required for Lateral Entry B.Tech examination?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir I m Perusing Diploma in Civil Engineering From Jharkhand, I want to take Admission in UP B.Tech college Through Lateral Entry .
Am I eligible to take Admission ?? Since,i am studying in Other state. But my Native Place is UP and my parents are also a resident of UP . Am I eligible to take Admission ???
Hi.. there is no issues related to change in states. so you can move wherever you want at different levels of education. Still you will have to complete the eligibility criteria anywhere. Some of the good institutes allowing Lateral entry in B.Tech after 3 year Diploma courses are Delhi Technological University, Lovely Professional University, Manipal Institute of Technology, DIT university etc. You can avail scholarships and good placement opportunities while pursuing courses here in these universities.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?