14th May 2012, 01:14 AM
pbadjatya

How should I take admission in Delhi commerce? Where is the cutoff high?

my daughther is brillient student ( 95% in 10th ICSE board). She did her 12th from Goa Board where she may not get very high percentage marks. She has to take admission in delhi commerce where cut off is very high. Can she repeat 12th from CBSE board

Related Questions:
  1. English, Maths, Economics and Physics are together considered under Science graduation?
  2. Eligibility of B.Com course for 12th Arts student?
  3. How may I do Tourism Management after completing 12th std with commerce stream? List of best institutes available near Delhi?
  4. Where can I get admission under Delhi University college after scoring 69.4% in 12th from commerce stream?
  5. What are the subject options in India after 12th? I have passed 12th with PCM, Psychology and English in India under CBSE
  6. What is the eligibility criteria for commerce stream in 11th class? How much is the cutoff and how many reserved seats for Delhi students?
  7. What are the chances of getting admission in top commerce colleges of Delhi with 68%?
  8. Admission in B.Ed from Delhi University after Post Graduation in Commerce?
  9. Can I get a good college in Delhi after scoring 85%-89% in ISC?
  10. Is Maths compulsory in 12th for Economics Honors after scoring 90+ marks?
  11. Do we need to have Maths for B.Com?
  12. How can I calculate aggregate percentage to study Chemistry Honours in Delhi University? Cutoff marks required in entrance exam to get admission? List of reputed colleges offering Chemistry Honours under Delhi University? -- [New]
  13. Can I get direct admission in any Law college in Delhi or Near Delhi for 5 years integrated course with 87.2% in my 12th board from commerce stream
  14. Cutoff for BCA in Stefence College in Delhi?
  15. Good B.Com (Hons) Colleges in Delhi? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. How to get admission in good college after taking commerce without Maths?
  17. Cutoff marks for admission in top commerce colleges in India?
  18. Cutoff marks required in JEE Advanced to study B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) in IIT-Delhi?
8th July 2012, 06:24 PM
arpitbanaudha

Default Re: How should I take admission in Delhi commerce? Where is the cutoff high?

hi,
the cut-off in delhi commerce is 92% and your percentage is low so you should go for other college in comparision of repeat 12th again ok.
9th July 2012, 10:13 PM
Vikas hrc

Default Re: How should I take admission in Delhi commerce? Where is the cutoff high?

Hi friend..

Delhi University is one of the top universities of India.
It offers many courses and to get admission in a good college,a nice percentage in 12th is compulsorily required.

Some of the undergraduate courses offered by DU includes:-
1.B.A. Programme.
2.B.Com hons.
3.B.A. Economics hons.
4.Bachelor of Business Management.
5.B.Sc Maths.
6.B.A. English.
7.B.Sc Chemistry.
8.B.Sc Chemistry.
9.B.A Hindi.
10.B.A. Political Science.

Out of these courses,there is a huge rush for Economics hons. and B.Com hons. and the placement records in good colleges for these courses are also very good.

Top colleges in DU for B.Com hons. course include:-
1.SRCC,North Campus.
2.LSR,South Campus.
3.Hans Raj College,North Campus.
4.Hindu College,North Campus.
5.Sri Venkateswara College,South Campus.
6.Ramjas College,North Campus.
7.Daulat Ram College,North Campus.
8.Kirorimal College,North Campus.
9.Miranda House,North Campus.
10.Delhi College of Arts and Commerce.

To get admission in any of the above colleges in B.Com hons. course,you will have to secure at least 94% in best four subjects in 12th.
If you are unable to get good percentage and manage to get around 85%,then you can take admission in an average college.
At maximum,you can get admission in any college for this course if you score at least 80% in best four subjects in 12th.

After your graduation also,you have many options,so there is nothing to get demotivated if you won't get any reputed college.
Some of the options after Graduation from Commerce include:-
1.M.Com.
2.MBA.
3.CA.
4.CWA.
5.CS.,etc.

So,take admission in the college where you are getting by your percentage and don't waste one year to take admission next year.
Wish you best of luck.
Thanks.

With Regards-
Vikas.

Quote:
I have failed over and over again in my life and that's why I succeed.
20th October 2013, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

I am a arts student n i am in 12std. I want addmition in good college n want to study mass communication..but i dont think i will get above 85% :( ...what should i do?
6th July 2014, 11:15 AM
Unregistered

Is maths is compulsory for a sc candidate for bcom (h) in venkateshwra college of du
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?