7th January 2013, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

What are the subject options in India after 12th? I have passed 12th with PCM, Psychology and English in India under CBSE

I have passed my 12th with physics, Chemistry, Math, Psychology and English in India under CBSE.
What subject options do I have in college (DU) ? And most importantly, *can i pursue Biology*?

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for CATE exam?
  2. How can I score well in Psychology? What are lucrative career options after 12th? -- [New]
  3. What are the career options in India after taking up Psychology after 12th? Which is the best college?
  4. Can a commerce student become a Psychologist? What is the procedure?
  5. Career options after 12th standard with PCM and Computer science? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. What are the career options for me after passing 12th?
  7. Can I do 12th from CBSE? What is the procedure?
  8. Is there a future of Psychology in India? Colleges in India best suited for pursuing Psychology? What are the possible career after Ph.D in the subject? Is it possible to pursue Psychology at UG level?
  9. When and How should I apply for BA course in Psychology-Sociology and English after completing 12th? When is the entrance exam?
  10. Eligibility of B.Com course for 12th Arts student?
  11. Career options if I am good at english?
  12. Various career options for Arts students after 12th? Like Law, Journalism
  13. What are the options available for me to study B.Tech in abroad if completed 12th? In which entrance exam should I appear? Expense and visa requirement for study B.Tech in abroad?
  14. Am I eligible for 2nd MATE exam? I have passed 12th exam and have secured 58% in PCM and 59% in English
  15. What are the career options available except engineering?
  16. Am i eligible to fill the medical entrance exam in India through NRI quota? I have passed 12th from CBSE board India
  17. Is it possible to continue high secondary in India after doing secondary studies in Saudi Arabia?
  18. Repeating class 12th CBSE with PCB after passing with PCM?
29th June 2015, 10:37 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the subject options in India after 12th? I have passed 12th with PCM, Psychology and English in India under CBSE

DU stands for Delhi University and it is India's number university aided and managed by Central government There are many subjects which you can study after your 12th from Delhi University.

The admission in this university completely depends upon your percentage aggregate in your senior secondary board and the subjects in your same degree.

To get bachelor's degree with science or commerce one needs very high percentage in their 12th as the cutoffs for few courses reaches over 99% also and generally for most the cutoffs is over 90%. Also for few courses the cutoffs remains around 85%.

If you score any thing much less than this you will be eligible for bachelor of arts degree only as the cutoff for this relatively lower than the cutoffs of science and commerce stream.

Since you do not have Biology in your Class 12th so you are not eligible for pursuing any course related to biology i.e; Botany and Zoology for your further studies as for these courses cutoffs remains around 82%.

There is the provision of marks relaxation upto few percentage for categories other than general as per the government norms.

For knowing the exact cutoffs for different courses offered for different colleges affiliated to DU and the whole admission procedure log on to the link www.du.ac.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?