14th May 2012, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

What can I do now to join Air Force after scoring 76.61% in 10th and 48% in 12th?

i have passed 10th exam in 2008 with 76.61% n 12th exam in 2011 with 48 % so now i want to join Airforce so what can i do now to join airforce plz guid me sir.
Thanks.

15th May 2012, 09:04 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What can I do now to join Air Force after scoring 76.61% in 10th and 48% in 12th?

You did not mention the stream that you have gone through in your 12th class which is a deciding factor for your eligibility to Air Force.

In addition, you did not mention the age that you possess which is also a considerable thing.

The way to join Air Force after completion of 12th class is by cracking NDA Exam.

The candidates can apply for the following Defence wings through this exam.
-Navy wing
-Air Force wing
-Army wing

If you want to apply for Air Force wing,
-You should have completed 12th class or pursuing final year of 12th class with Mathematics and Physics as the compulsory subjects.
-You should be in the age group of 16 1/2 years to 19 years.
-You should be an unmarried male candidate.

Failing to fulfill any of the above mentioned eligibility criteria, you are not eligible to take this Exam.

If you fulfill the above mentioned eligibility criteria, you can apply and appear for NDA II Exam which is going to be conducted on 19-08-2012.

There is no percentage of marks criteria at all for this Exam. Completion of 12th class from a recognized institute will make you to be eligible for this Exam.

For complete information regarding this Exam, I suggest you to visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
15th May 2012, 09:44 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What can I do now to join Air Force after scoring 76.61% in 10th and 48% in 12th?

There is no provision for percentage of marks criteria to apply for Indian Air Force through appearing NDA entrance Exam.

NDA - NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY exam conducted by UPSC twice every year for entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA TO APPLY FOR INDIAN AIR FORCE OF NDA:-

-The candidate must be an unmarried Indian male
-Should have either appear for the final 12th exam or pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognised Board
-Should be within the age of 16.5 to 19 years
-Should have possessed good Physical and Mental health.

So if you have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 12th you are eligible to apply for Indian Air Force of NDA if not you are only eligible to apply for Indian Army of NDA.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
15th May 2012, 10:00 AM
romi_bal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have passed 10th exam in 2008 with 76.61% n 12th exam in 2011 with 48 % so now i want to join Airforce so what can i do now to join airforce plz guid me sir.
Thanks.
There are the three modes of entry for graduates :
1) Combined Defense Services Examination (CDSE)
2) National Defense Academy(NDA)
3) AFCAT

NDA

Eligibility Criteria for NDA:

• Candidates who have cleared 10+2 and those who are currently doing can apply
• Those who had taken Physics & Mathematics in Class 12th can apply for navy and air force.
• Candidates appearing for the exam must be bachelors .They must be between 16 1/2 to 19 years ie not before 1st July, 1994 & not later than 1st January, 1997.
• Non-permanent citizens of India are not allowed to apply
• Nationalities of Nepal, Bhutan and Tibetan refugee can apply only if they have migrated to India with a purpose to become permanent citizens of India prior to January 1st
• In case candidates origin is from India but actually migrated from either neighboring countries of India or East Africa nations like Uganda and Kenya can apply provided they are planning to permanently settle in India.
• Gorkha category of Nepal need not submit any proof

AFCAT:

Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) is a part of recently introduced Unified Selection System to provide adequate opportunities to the candidates eligible for multiple branches of the IAF to apply through single application. AFCAT is conducted for the following non UPSC entries for induction into Officers’ cadre of the IAF.

Flying branch
Short Service Commission (Men / Women)

Technical branch
Permanent Commission (Men) / Short Service Commission (Men / Women)

Ground Duty branches
Permanent Commission (Men) / Short Service Commission (Men / Women)

CDSE

Eligibility Criteria for Air force :-

The candidates should have a 19 years to 23 years and only unmarried male candidates are eligible.
Graduate or Engineering degree from any recognized university or equivalent qualification with Physics and Mathematics in 12th level.
Candidates who are appearing in the final year of degree course can also apply for this examination.

Physical standards
• Any candidate whose height should be within157.5cms to 162.5cms
• Candidates whose chest is less than 81cms cannot apply.
• Candidates should have proper eye-sight.
• They should not be overweight or under weight
15th May 2012, 11:10 AM
tash1991

Hello Sir,

If you are interested in Indian Air Force

First you write NDA exam and qualify in that examination.

The Eligibility of Indian Air Force is

If you want to apply for Air Force wing,
-You should have completed 12th class or pursuing final year of 12th class with Mathematics and Physics as the compulsory subjects.
-You should be in the age group of 16 1/2 years to 19 years.
-You should be an unmarried male candidate.
15th May 2012, 11:11 AM
vivek patti

Hello,

if you want to join air force after 12 you must go through nda exam
which is conducted twice every teo year. for nda exam you must pass 12 with any stream and your age must be in between 16.5 -19 years. Also you must be physically fit and healthy. you must bean unmarried candidate.
15th May 2012, 12:58 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

Yes you are eligible to join airforce with your 12th standard but science stream i mean PCM subjects is compulsory in 12th standard other wise you can't eligible.

To join in airforce you need to apply NDA exam, NDA exam is conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Services Commission) twice in a year.

Eligibility criteria for AIRFORCE:

Educational qualification:

12th standard from any recognised state board of india with physics, chemistry and mathematics subjects.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible.

Girls are not eligible for this exam.

Age limits is16.5years to 19 years

Candidate should be a citizen of india.

Candidate must be physically fit.

Selection procedure;

-->Written test,
-->Personal interview,
-->Medical test.

For more details visit the official website of UPSC

http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
15th May 2012, 06:59 PM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

Hello friend....

Yes,you are applicable to join in INDIAN AIR FORCE the minimum qualification required for this exam is 12th standard and must have PCM subjects in 12th standard.

If you want to join in AIR FORCE you need to apply for the NDA exam this exam concucted by the UPSC twice a year.This exam have the three wings.

1.INDIAN ARMY

2.INDIAN NAVY

3.INDIAN AIR FORCE

ELIGIBILITY:

1.12th standard candidates are eligible.

2.Age limit for this exam is 16.5 to 19 years.

3.Candidate should be a citizen of india.

4.candidate should be physically fit.

SELECTION PROCESS:

1.Written exam

2.Interview

3.Medical test

For more information regards visit www.upsc.gov.in

BEST OF LUCK...
2nd April 2013, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

haw i got a job in air force?
30th May 2014, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

To,
Sir/Madam
I would like to know that can I apply for the SSR (Sailor's entry) while at present I am in class 12.
Thank You,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?